Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Area 51 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Might be going overboard, but I'm about to light this thing up. Just ordered 2 zones (RF controllers), 16.4' High Density RGB cuttable strip and all the wiring/accessories. I was going to tie it into the doors opening but for now I'll go with an upfitter switch and an add-on switch for the cargo area, as you can see from my awesome MSFT Paint skills. Also getting some moldable Kydex sheets and extra 3M tape in case I need to get creative. Have RSE steps (soon I hope), 3ch dash cam and tow controller to install, figured one time to tear it down to do a bunch of wiring in one shot.

1644455890732.png

1644456762853.png
Would you mind explaining exactly how to do all of that and what I need to order? I know that's a big ask but I'm completely........in the dark here.
Sponsored

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You bet, I'll write up the project and post on here. I know what I want to do, starting with what I think will work. Since I'm waiting for more stuff to arrive I probably won't get to the tear down until March. I'm already finding something like adding a Bimini impacts my LED plans since the straps would impact where I put strips. Or a tailgate table impacts adding lights on the tailgate. Or recently realizing I should put the LEDs in diffuser strips to give it a finished look.

I was thinking of starting a build thread, mostly electrical and bolt on stuff is all I have planned.

Adumb

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Area 51 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can anyone show me where exactly to find the wiring for the cargo switch circuit E? What do I need to remove to see it?

Grendle2000

Badlands
First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Success! Thanks for taking the time to put this together!
Ford Bronco Adding interior LED ambient lighting (now with working photos!) 1645740771319

Attachments

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually did mine today. Tapped into a fuse and put a reed switch in so it turns on when door opens and shuts off when door closes. Came out pretty good. No cutting/any crazy mods. Also ran a wire for my radar detector. (the mini black box you see is a mute box for detector, not the light) Took 30mins tops.
Heres a pic:
Ford Bronco Adding interior LED ambient lighting (now with working photos!) 1645740771319
Can you let me know some more details please, like which fuse you tapped and a link to the reed switch you used perhaps. Trying to accomplish something similar only with with a couple rock lights for some lights. Thanks in advance!

Sponsored

F1NDx

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can you let me know some more details please, like which fuse you tapped and a link to the reed switch you used perhaps. Trying to accomplish something similar only with with a couple rock lights for some lights. Thanks in advance!
@Designkid

Fuse #3 is always hot - wired LEDs to them with a reed switch so they shut off when door closed.
Fuse #2 is ignition activated & I tapped into that one for my radar detector

I bought a generic set of rock lights (since waterproof) & came with like 8 in the package to save $$.

Reed lights link-
https://www.amazon.com/Directed-Ele...c7d3b&pd_rd_wg=iikEf&pd_rd_i=B0009SUEZY&psc=1

LED Rock Lights link-
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YZFN925/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Designkid

Fuse #3 is always hot - wired LEDs to them with a reed switch so they shut off when door closed.

I bought a generic set of rock lights (since waterproof) & came with like 8 in the package to save $$.

Reed lights link-
https://www.amazon.com/Directed-Ele...c7d3b&pd_rd_wg=iikEf&pd_rd_i=B0009SUEZY&psc=1

LED Rock Lights link-
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YZFN925/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks!

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Took a pic of the actual housing earlier, sent @Mabett the pics, but figured I'd show you guys the piece as well
Ford Bronco Adding interior LED ambient lighting (now with working photos!) 1646704077624

Ford Bronco Adding interior LED ambient lighting (now with working photos!) 1646704122092

Optimus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Designkid

Reed lights link-

LED Rock Lights link-
I am looking to install some led lights under tube steps and wanting the lights to cut on/off with the doors opening etc. Can you post a pic of where you placed the reed switch?

Lauraleighx3

Badlands
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep GC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I appreciate this guide! Just installed mine and they came out great! I ended up cutting a small hole on either side of the bottom of the seat and zip tying them instead of sticking them to the floor. But otherwise came out great! May consider adding a Reed switch later but overall pleased

20220424_124845.jpg

20220424_124832.jpg

20220424_124155.jpg

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious if anyone else has updates or new installs to share. I'm starting my lighting project this week. Also, does anyone know how to wire an overhead aux switch to always on?
Sponsored