David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yep. Now I have switched power in the center of my vehicle to continue running more lighting in the rear, which is in the works now. Also much easier to do it my way.

The lights go off in two directions from the control module. One for the left, one for the right.

You can either avoid the middle hump between driver and passenger by routing it the way I did, or do the opposite - route it through the dash, and have to deal with taking apart the lower dash on both sides to snake wires over the hump between driver and passenger. It's pretty crowded with the Lux package.

The only change would be that I did more work (but it would require less supplies), and I still have to run power to the same area as my current method for the additional lighting going in.

Nothing wrong with doing your idea though. Just not the method I would go with personally (obviously). I always try to err on the side of what could be beneficial long term, and a new power source mid vehicle is worth it's weight in gold.

Make sense now, power tap is there to expand more lighting to the rear for future use.
I ordered a set if govee, and reviewed your thread again to preplan the setup and was wondering if you came into something that made you install them this way.
Thank You
Sponsored

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Make sense now, power tap is there to expand more lighting to the rear for future use.
I ordered a set if govee, and reviewed your thread again to preplan the setup and was wondering if you came into something that made you install them this way.
Thank You
1636673953028266463453571385890.jpg

Let me know how it turns out! Always happy to help where I can.

Here is a photo of the hump I'm talking about between the driver and passenger. Just a solid wall of plastic you've got to get through. Maybe your idea ends up being easier, I'm excited to hear! :)

David196

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

1636673953028266463453571385890.jpg

Let me know how it turns out! Always happy to help where I can.

Here is a photo of the hump I'm talking about between the driver and passenger. Just a solid wall of plastic you've got to get through. Maybe your idea ends up being easier, I'm excited to hear! :)
Find out in about week, Bronco should be here by Friday next week. (Hopefully that's true) I'll keep you advised of the install.

sage729

Big Bend
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Big Bend soft top, Area 51, non SAS, mid pack
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Looks good. I didn't even think about ambient lighting until I saw your post. Now I'll need to do it as well...80's rule!

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd say I'm retarded, but actually never done anything similar to this.

Skipping the Aux part, how exactly am I removing the plug in part without damaging the unit per say? I got the set waiting to be installed, got a spare for my sister, just again, forgot the whole plug in part and just go with wiring it directly

Sponsored
OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd say I'm retarded, but actually never done anything similar to this.

Skipping the Aux part, how exactly am I removing the plug in part without damaging the unit per say? I got the set waiting to be installed, got a spare for my sister, just again, forgot the whole plug in part and just go with wiring it directly
after you take the plug off, you strip back the sheath and you can hook black to ground and red to your power source. In my case, the blue wire.

If you arent going to wire it to direct power, dont cut the plug off, just snake it up under your center console storage bin and plug it in from the bottom.. I Think there is a punch out?

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

after you take the plug off, you strip back the sheath and you can hook black to ground and red to your power source. In my case, the blue wire.

If you arent going to wire it to direct power, dont cut the plug off, just snake it up under your center console storage bin and plug it in from the bottom.. I Think there is a punch out?
Gotcha, thank you. Gonna ask the guys at the Body shop next door to my job if they can do that; I wanna be more DIY, but this is currently a little above my pay grade, if anything I'll watch them do it.

Her, I'll keep it plugged in the back at the very least.

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gotcha, thank you. Gonna ask the guys at the Body shop next door to my job if they can do that; I wanna be more DIY, but this is currently a little above my pay grade, if anything I'll watch them do it.

Hey, we all have our own strengths in life. Mine is over complicating easy tasks! Its worth it though - the Bronco looks great with ambient lighting and it helps stop the 'cave' feeling with the hard top.

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

If you can give me until tomorrow, I can message you a walkthrough to follow for your needs that skips all the wiring and uses the 12v in the center console. It's probably a 15 minute job.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you can give me until tomorrow, I can message you a walkthrough to follow for your needs that skips all the wiring and uses the 12v in the center console. It's probably a 15 minute job.
I dont get my girl til Thanksgiving week, im in no rush

appreciate it btw

Sponsored

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

...I am VERY curious why there is such a divide re:cabin lighting. Some people swear it's more than sufficient.. Yet here we are, starved for light. There is a piece of the puzzle missing and I'm not sure what it is yet.
I am sure. Some people are satisfied with lower level of lights than others. Some are "tinkerers" and want much brighter light. Basically, it depends on what the user is doing, or just likes.

nic

Badlands
First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If by dome light you mean the small light on the cross pillar, I assure you it is. It's just pointless.

Ford Bronco Adding interior LED ambient lighting (now with working photos!) 1636673953028266463453571385890
My badlands with high package looks just like this. I’m blown away by how bright some of the other dome lights look. I can’t see anything in mine.

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My badlands with high package looks just like this. I’m blown away by how bright some of the other dome lights look. I can’t see anything in mine.
Weird, isnt it?

fwade4

Black Diamond
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am sure. Some people are satisfied with lower level of lights than others. Some are "tinkerers" and want much brighter light. Basically, it depends on what the user is doing, or just likes.
I love the lower level lighting at night but my main issue is that my kids cannot see the seatbelt receiver to clip their seatbelts. I end up having to shine my phone light in the backseat at the seatbelts. The rear dome lighting is aimed right at the top of the rear seat. I wish it moved some to aim it at the seatbelts. Anyone else have this problem?

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Find out in about week, Bronco should be here by Friday next week. (Hopefully that's true) I'll keep you advised of the install.
Hey David - Did you end up installing your Govee yet? Interested in the results and how you went about the install.
Sponsored