David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hey David - Did you end up installing your Govee yet? Interested in the results and how you went about the install.
Yes, but not in the Bronco I purchased.
My wife and I really didn't like the Bronco, felt it wasn't worth the money or the headache of trying to make it work with our family. We actually turned it down at the dealership. The dealership called us the next day and told us to please take delivery of the vehicle and sell it, flip it, or whatever else you want to do with it. I told the dealer to give me the rest of the weekend to decide on what to do. The dealership stated with the allocation formula, it would benefit them if I puchased the Bronco from them. So I called around and got an offer that was approximately $2,000 over my final purchase price. (MSRP, taxes ,title, dealer fees)
So in the end I purchased the Bronco and sold it within 90 minutes of owning it.
Both dealerships made out, the seller and buyer. I walked away with just under $2,000.

The Gooves lights are now installed in a 2022 Silverado. Wires are hidden nicely.
Front lights underneath the dash each have to zip ties on them. The rear one actually are mounted through the seat strapping under the front seats for the 2nd row light. It was like the straps were made for the lights.

The lights are a great investment for $30.00
Bronco was honestly just average in our books. It also wasn't worth it for my family. Too many gremlins, and doesn't fit our family's needs. It would be fun in the summer, but too many cons vs the pros for us.

Was looking for a F150 but the Silverado we got checked all the boxes and was thousands cheaper then a comparable F150.

Thanks for asking

20211119_131659.jpg

20211118_151650.jpg
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@Theherofails did you ever figure out anything on your dim lighting? Mine is the same, it’s a fucking cave in there nothing like some of these pics. The overhead and ambient footwell lights are laughably dim.

Did you figure out an overhead solution? I mocked up some cheap led tape light tonight and am pleased with the results. Looking for better quality product but this has promise.

Ford Bronco Adding interior LED ambient lighting (now with working photos!) 566EAC06-61BC-4582-B76D-BD95466D26E3

doccoch

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 1967 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Theherofails did you ever figure out anything on your dim lighting? Mine is the same, it’s a fucking cave in there nothing like some of these pics. The overhead and ambient footwell lights are laughably dim.

Did you figure out an overhead solution? I mocked up some cheap led tape light tonight and am pleased with the results. Looking for better quality product but this has promise.

Ford Bronco Adding interior LED ambient lighting (now with working photos!) 566EAC06-61BC-4582-B76D-BD95466D26E3
wow. this looks very promising!!!! im working on some fixes for soft top as well

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone looked at replacing the LED used in the dome light? I was looking at the LEDs that diode dynamic has but not sure which one to purchase

RPiantedosi

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jaguar XF
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I love the lower level lighting at night but my main issue is that my kids cannot see the seatbelt receiver to clip their seatbelts. I end up having to shine my phone light in the backseat at the seatbelts. The rear dome lighting is aimed right at the top of the rear seat. I wish it moved some to aim it at the seatbelts. Anyone else have this problem?
I have to do this every time my kids buckle in at night. It is really annoying that we have to use a phone light so someone can see a buckle. Crazy. I was ready to add LEDs like OP is showing, and this is just confirming my decision is valid.

Sponsored

nd2002

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 BMW M2, '18 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have to do this every time my kids buckle in at night. It is really annoying that we have to use a phone light so someone can see a buckle. Crazy. I was ready to add LEDs like OP is showing, and this is just confirming my decision is valid.
Same. Lol. I have half a mind to plug a gooseneck table lamp into the 110V outlet and call it good.

RPiantedosi

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jaguar XF
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Adding interior LED ambient lighting (now with working photos!) Cash Cab

Liebd11

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Ford Bronco Adding interior LED ambient lighting (now with working photos!) Cash Cab
An option like this, with it somehow tied in to go on when any door is open, along with manual on/off (for when you need the light or have doors off) would be awesome.

Sponsored

Bradnewt

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone have any pictures of the ambient footwell light locations on the Bronco? Has anyone found out if the wiring and plug are there on non ambient lighting models? I would like to add more lighting, but I want them to work like factory lighting if possible.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

couldn't you tap into the existing footwell lighting and mount lights in the back from that?

F1NDx

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does anyone have any pictures of the ambient footwell light locations on the Bronco? Has anyone found out if the wiring and plug are there on non ambient lighting models? I would like to add more lighting, but I want them to work like factory lighting if possible.

Actually did mine today. Tapped into a fuse and put a reed switch in so it turns on when door opens and shuts off when door closes. Came out pretty good. No cutting/any crazy mods. Also ran a wire for my radar detector. (the mini black box you see is a mute box for detector, not the light) Took 30mins tops.
Heres a pic:
Ford Bronco Adding interior LED ambient lighting (now with working photos!) Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 6.41.03 PM

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
couldn't you tap into the existing footwell lighting and mount lights in the back from that?
Simple answer…NO. Bronco interior/dome lighting uses PWM system.

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Might be going overboard, but I'm about to light this thing up. Just ordered 2 zones (RF controllers), 16.4' High Density RGB cuttable strip and all the wiring/accessories. I was going to tie it into the doors opening but for now I'll go with an upfitter switch and an add-on switch for the cargo area, as you can see from my awesome MSFT Paint skills. Also getting some moldable Kydex sheets and extra 3M tape in case I need to get creative. Have RSE steps (soon I hope), 3ch dash cam and tow controller to install, figured one time to tear it down to do a bunch of wiring in one shot.

Ford Bronco Adding interior LED ambient lighting (now with working photos!) 1644455890732

Ford Bronco Adding interior LED ambient lighting (now with working photos!) 1644456762853
Sponsored