Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Interesting. The full 4 piece kit does not come with the 2 clips and 4 bolts for the transfer case?
It does.
Sponsored

libtech

Big Bend
First Name
Libo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Idk, I only got the engine and tc plates through ford parts (about $200) not the four piece kit.

Bolts and nuts from hardware store for a few bucks
Very cool. I really need/want the gas tank skid and the irony is all the aftermarket solutions are more expensive and/or ships from Israel…

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Very cool. I really need/want the gas tank skid and the irony is all the aftermarket solutions are more expensive and/or ships from Israel…
I'm sure you could by the fuel tank skid through parts also. Mine already had one being a 2d.

Last edited:

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm sure you could by the fuel tank skid through parts also. Mine already had one being a 2d.
You can, but for some reason the standalone part number for the gas tank plate lists for more than the whole skid plate kit. Might as well get the whole kit, pick what you need from it and sell the rest on here.

Earlybroncoboy

Badlands
First Name
Wagner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22Bronco,76bronco,73bronco,06F250,96F250,97F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I put oem engine and transfer case skid on my bb with base bumper. Fit perfectly
Not worried about front plastic bash plate. On the 2.3 nothing important there, inter cooler is behind bumper. On v6's the trans cooler is back there.
Do you know the part number for just the engine skid. I can’t seem to find it only the full kit.

Sponsored

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I did it, but cut 4 ~1"x1" slots out of the new front skid plate in order to keep the recovery points usable. There is a little bit of a gap between the plastic bumper cover and the skid plate, but you don't really notice it unless you are looking at the vehicle from a very low vantage point.

Nice. How did you trim that front plate around the hook? Just a grinder with a metal wheel? Or something else?

mj63

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nice. How did you trim that front plate around the hook? Just a grinder with a metal wheel? Or something else?
Plasma cutter, then cleaned up with a die grinder (could have all been done with a drill, sawzall/hacksaw, and cleaned up with a file if I didn't have the plasma cutter already sitting in the garage).
Sponsored