Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has anyone adjusted their headlights after lift/level? I just did mine. Clockwise will lower and counter clockwise will raise. I’m not sure how accurate my adjustment was but lowered it about 2”.
Sponsored

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you raised in equally front and back, it’s not going to shine THAT much higher. I don’t see a restriction on light emission height in Georgia. I have adjusted mine before on two trucks. That’s was because I did a level lift on the front. I adjust mine at 25 feet personally.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I probably need to adjust mine. Have the 3" Zone off road Sasquatch kit and got flashed the other night by an oncoming car. If you're 25 feet away from a wall, what is the ideal height of the beam. I've seen 3.5 feet, but not sure if that is accurate.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I probably need to adjust mine. Have the 3" Zone off road Sasquatch kit and got flashed the other night by an oncoming car. If you're 25 feet away from a wall, what is the ideal height of the beam. I've seen 3.5 feet, but not sure if that is accurate.
You should have put your high beams, just to show him didn't already have them on!

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It isn't a fixed value, it is based on the height of your headlight. IIRC it should be slightly lower than the center of the headlight. I'm sure there are some YouTube directions out there.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It isn't a fixed value, it is based on the height of your headlight. IIRC it should be slightly lower than the center of the headlight. I'm sure there are some YouTube directions out there.
What is IIRC?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All headlamp types

NOTE:
Refer to the Owner's Literature for the headlamp adjustment screw location.

NOTE: Consult your state vehicle inspection manual for recommended tolerance ranges for visual aiming.

NOTE: Horizontal aim is not adjustable.

1. Identify the headlamp type. Vehicles are equipped with Visually Optically Aligned Left (VOL) or Visually Optically Aligned Right (VOR) headlamps. Molded in small letters on the headlamp lens is one of the following: VOL and SAE or VOR and SAE.
  1. NOTE: Before starting headlamp adjustment, entry conditions must be met.
    • Vehicle must be on level ground.
    • Tires must be correctly inflated.
    • Vehicle must be normally loaded.
    • Headlamps must be clean.
    • Headlamps must operate correctly.
    • Air suspension switch must be on (if equipped).
  1. NOTE: The vertical wall or screen must be a minimum of 2.4 m (8ft) wide.
    Park the vehicle on a level surface approximately 7.6 m (25 ft) from the vertical wall or screen directly in front of it.
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}
  1. NOTE: The bulb center of the low beam bulb is sometimes marked on the lens (circle, crosshair or other mark) or is the center of the low beam reflector, bulb shield or the low beam projector inner lens.
    Measure the center of the headlamp height to ground and record the measurement.
  1. NOTE: Use a 2.4 m (8 ft) section of masking tape for the horizontal reference line.
    • For vehicles with headlamp bulb center heights below 95 cm (37.5 inches), place the horizontal reference line equal to the headlamp bulb center height.
    • For vehicles with headlamp bulb center heights between 95 cm - 105 cm (37.5 - 41.5 inches), place the horizontal reference line at the headlamp bulb center height minus 1.3 cm (0.5 inch).
    • For vehicles with headlamp bulb center heights above 105 cm (41.5 inches), place the horizontal reference line at the headlamp bulb center height minus 2.5 cm (1.0 inch).
  1. NOTE: Carry out this procedure in a dark environment to effectively see the headlamp beam pattern.
    Turn the low beam headlamps on to illuminate the wall or screen and open the hood.
  1. NOTE: The cut off of the beam pattern is the horizontal line of the beam pattern where there is MAXIMUM change between light and dark.
    On the wall or screen, locate the cut off of the beam pattern.
VOR-type headlamps

NOTE:
Procedure applies to both left and right headlamps with VOR molded on lens.

1. NOTE: The appearance of the VOR beam pattern may vary between vehicles.
    There is a distinct cutoff in the right portion of the beam pattern.
    • 1 - Horizontal reference line
    • 2 - Cut off
    • 3 - High intensity zone
  1. NOTE: Align one headlamp while covering the other headlamp.
    Align the headlamps to the horizontal reference line. Adjust the headlamp as necessary using the headlamp adjusting screw.
  1. Repeat the previous step for the remaining headlamp.
VOL-type headlamps

NOTE:
Procedure applies to both left and right headlamps with VOL molded on lens.

1. NOTE: The appearance of the VOL beam pattern may vary between vehicles.
    For VOL-type headlamps, there is a distinct cutoff in the left portion of the beam pattern. The edge of this cutoff should be positioned 5 CM (2 in) below the horizontal reference line.
    • 1 - Horizontal reference line
    • 2 - Cut off
    • 3 - High intensity zone
  1. NOTE: Align one headlamp while covering the other headlamp.
    Align the headlamps to the horizontal reference line. Adjust the headlamp as necessary using the headlamp adjusting screw.
  1. Repeat the previous step for the remaining headlamp.