First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My jeep has been flooded so many times (forgetting to put the soft top back up lol) that I shudder to think what could possibly happen with electronic seat controls. I only have a sport, so I'm not sure if jeep makes the JL with electronic seats at all. If they do, I'm sure they'd try and make it waterproof, but still... I'll take manual for most things still, even windows.
Then don't get a 4 door with upgraded seats. :)
Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yep, kind of like rubber floor mats and vinyl seats... :D ...

OP
OP
splathead

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
WAAAAAH! WAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! I hope you're a pampered elitist and not some average Joe working retail. . . . I've grown weary of the flurry of nitpicking threads that have become prevalent in the absence of real news lately
Hey, how did you know my name was Joe?

I posted this nitpicking thread because that's how change happens; manual sasquatch, different color roofs, different interior colors were all the result of nitpicking threads.

If I am going to pay the exact same upgrade price for better seats in a 2 door as in a 4 door then shouldn't I be entitled to electric seats like the 4 door gets?

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can understand that.

The 2 doors have the same higher trim levels as the 4 doors. The only difference between the two are the number of doors - and the fact one comes with electric seats. :)
You didn't grasp what I wrote. And are missing my point between a 2-door and 4-door Bronco.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

my wife is super short and this is one of the main reasons we are stuck on a 4 door with leather. So she can have power seats. My F150 didnt and she hated driving it.
Thomas, my wife is vertically challenged also. When buying our Ranger I just knew power seats would be a must, but surprisingly I was incorrect. Just for giggles she sat in one w/o power seats, and the manual seats worked. They are raised, and lowered manually by a level on the side of the seats. As far as I can tell the Bronco will be the same. You could have your wife test that at your local dealer if you want. If those seats are "wife approved" you may not be locked into a $2195 option.

YTFORD

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST & 2020 GT PP2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thomas, my wife is vertically challenged also. When buying our Ranger I just knew power seats would be a must, but surprisingly I was incorrect. Just for giggles she sat in one w/o power seats, and the manual seats worked. They are raised, and lowered manually by a level on the side of the seats. As far as I can tell the Bronco will be the same. You could have your wife test that at your local dealer if you want. If those seats are "wife approved" you may not be locked into a $2195 option.
Its funny you mention that. We stopped by our local dealership and tried that. She didnt want to have to adjust it every single time since now our settings are so far apart. On our current Edge ST and my Mustang we both had different saved settings. They are no where close. Its all good I want her to be happy. Since she is technically getting rid of her vehicle.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have two BMWs with memory seats. I find over time the memory position "drifts" and gets out of position and I need to reset it. PIA in my opinion. I'll take a manual adjustment seat any day over electric. Less components to break and diagnose.
You using the same key all the time? My BMWs... all F-gen chassis except the one E46, the different keys can store different profiles so you could theoretically do mem 1 and mem 2 with one key then using the same "1 / 2" buttons have seat position 3 and seat position 4 with the second key. If that makes any sense at all. Same for mirrors, infotainment preset buttons 1-8, etc.

AaronTV

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Kia Stinger GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I share your concerns, OP. My lower back is sensitive to poor lumbar support while driving. Power seats usually make that easier to manage. Hopefully, the manual seats are capable of lumbar adjustment.

Also, I agree that the pricing of leather seats in the 2 door feels like a rip off compared to the 4 door. I'm hoping it's an error...

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If it doesn’t come with memory, I don’t see the point of powered seats. I can move it faster manually. However, the memory function changes everything. My wife and I drive each other’s cars all the time. Being able to push a button to automatically adjust the seat and mirrors to my perfect position is great. My wife’s car has manual adjustments. Even though it’s theoretically faster, it still takes me longer to get everything just right.

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You using the same key all the time? My BMWs... all F-gen chassis except the one E46, the different keys can store different profiles so you could theoretically do mem 1 and mem 2 with one key then using the same "1 / 2" buttons have seat position 3 and seat position 4 with the second key. If that makes any sense at all. Same for mirrors, infotainment preset buttons 1-8, etc.
Yup, I use the same key, and I'm the only driver. It's an '05 E46 330Cic. It just drifts over time, not much. My '08 Z4 doesn't drift as bad. Both cars use the same electrical architecture. My wife's Z3 with no seat memory stays put.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yup, I use the same key, and I'm the only driver. It's an '05 E46 330Cic. It just drifts over time, not much. My '08 Z4 doesn't drift as bad. Both cars use the same electrical architecture. My wife's Z3 with no seat memory stays put.
My E46 has a mind of its own, 2006 ZHP convertible. No rhyme or reason seats keep moving, parking mirror sometimes stays down sometimes comes back up. For a while the window controls were wacky then worked fine. The car has 35k and is spotless, perfectly maintained so no critters eating wires or anything. Think it’s just one of those thing w that gen car.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Its funny you mention that. We stopped by our local dealership and tried that. She didnt want to have to adjust it every single time since now our settings are so far apart. On our current Edge ST and my Mustang we both had different saved settings. They are no where close. Its all good I want her to be happy. Since she is technically getting rid of her vehicle.
I see where you're at Thomas. I wasn't thinking about her driving the Bronco also as mine doesn't like driving my Jeep. And, probably won't want to drive the Bronco either. So, make Momma happy. Life's so much easier that way. :)

At first I thought I was going to get the leather/power seat option for just in case. But, the bride said she really likes the cloth seats in our Ranger. So, no more than she will drive the thing I'm good with that in the Bronco also.

Last edited:

Power Man

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F150, Mustang Conv, 69 Bronco. 62 Ec
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree 1000% with splathead. It’s ridiculous that the more expensive Broncos don’t have power seats. And for those that said they never change them …must never put anything in the back seat. Every time I pull my driver seat forward to put sometihing in the back seat, I have to start all over to manually set. The button would be loved.

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree 1000% with splathead. It’s ridiculous that the more expensive Broncos don’t have power seats. And for those that said they never change them …must never put anything in the back seat. Every time I pull my driver seat forward to put sometihing in the back seat, I have to start all over to manually set. The button would be loved.
Really? I have no problem. As long as you pull the lever and push the seat forward all the way in one fell swoop, the seat should go back to the last position.
Sponsored