Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree 1000% with splathead. It’s ridiculous that the more expensive Broncos don’t have power seats. And for those that said they never change them …must never put anything in the back seat. Every time I pull my driver seat forward to put sometihing in the back seat, I have to start all over to manually set. The button would be loved.
What pisses me off the most is there’s literally no way to know what options any vehicle has until after you buy it. Then the only recourse you have is to get online and complain

I just wish there was
1) a manual
2) dealers allowed you to look at the vehicle before you buy it and take delivery.
3) I’m still pissed I can’t tow a 4 horse trailer with a Bugatti

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did anybody notice how old this thread is? And by the way the comments show just how lazy and spoiled people are nowadays.
Not only lazy, obviously don’t have enough sense to understand why the seats aren’t power.

The 2 Door is the wheeler’s choice. Wheeling 4x4s usually means getting the rig wet. Wading through water would destroy power seats.

Marine vinyl, washout rubber floors with drain plugs also means water. Power seats are not water proof so it would be dumb to include power seats in a rig meant to get very dirty and wet.

But these guys didn’t really buy the Bronco to go wheeling now did they? Right, so they can take a walk.

And wow, what an old thread.……

Riverjeep

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wait, what, people actually use power seats, I always thought they were just for show?

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My wife and I don't mind manual seats. It is simpler to use and usually quicker.

But...power seats are more convenient when there are memory buttons for quick adjust.
All my other cars have two buttons for key 1 and 2. One press, mirrors and seat move to the preset setting. So there are mirrors, seat recline, position and height adjusted all together in one go.

I'm just curious the true reason why Ford does not have powered seats on the 2 door.

Sponsored

BaseManSquatch

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
But the mustang has them. And the Defender 90. And just about any other 2 door costing $40k+.

Someone mentioned in another thread they thought it was because it would take 5 seconds to bring the seat forward to let folks in and out the back seat each time. I sure hope that wasn't the reason. To inconvenience driver's comfort 100% of the time for the 5% of the time you may have a back seat passenger makes no sense.

Jeeps don't have them either. For the trailblazing vehicle the Bronco is, I hope Ford didn't do it just because jeep did it.

Trust me, you don't want electric adjusting seats. My 4runner had them and when I would go out to my vehicle for lunch and recline the seat and push it back all the way it would take forever.

With manual seats, it takes like 1 second.

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I think the reasons are (a) easier and quicker to move the seat forward for rear passenger ingress/egress and (b) water fording. Get the electric seat drive flooded and there is a headache no one wants.
There's one reason. Because it was cheaper to produce. Period.
Sponsored