Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GMC , 2004 Jeep, 1982 Jeep, 2021 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have been for several years. Jeep tops have been around for quite some time.
Even with this, the point i really wanted to make was to be sure to budget for painting. The base cost of the top is only one part of the equation.
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Inside and out with the current cost of materials and the amount of prep to do Fiberglass correctly i estimated light, go on you if you can do it for 1000.
Why would you need to paint inside?

@ADV Fiberglass please tell us if the inside is finished as part of the base price and if so, what color?

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only thing that really pushes me on the fence is knowing us peeps on the east coast will have to pay a hefty tax and delivery fee that probably puts us well into the 7k range. Pick up would not make sense unless you plan to drive all the way to CA topless because how else would we store our soft top coming back lol.
The point of this thread that I started last October was to ask if the soft top was compact enough to be carried back inside the vehicle after installing a hard top. The consensus seems to be that yes, it is. I guess we won't know for certain until someone actually tries it.

Of course, if you're planning a cross-country trip, rather than a less-than-a-day-each-way trip as I am contemplating, then the impact might be of greater concern, of carrying the soft top home on your ability to carry other luggage.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Even with this, the point i really wanted to make was to be sure to budget for painting. The base cost of the top is only one part of the equation.
Clearly, you haven’t gotten the memo. These tops don’t need to be painted. They will come in textured black (just like OEM) or textured white (which Ford doesn’t even offer) from the factory. If you want to order the primered top and have it painted, that’s on you, but it would cost the same no matter what top you decided to buy. So why are you implying that it’s part of the cost of an ADV top?

Sponsored

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@ADV Fiberglass please tell us if the inside is finished as part of the base price and if so, what color?
Raw unfinished fiberglass is not the most finished looking product, so I guess it would be personal preference if you want it white on the inside like a Jeep, but even the inside of theirs is finished.
When I ordered my Leer Topper for my truck it came painted to match the trucks paint code and the interior was finished out with a nice liner material. I kind of wish ADV would chime in here and specifically say if you recieve a finished, ready to install top for that price, or do you still have work to do once you get it .

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Clearly, you haven’t gotten the memo. These tops don’t need to be painted. They will come in textured black (just like OEM) or textured white (which Ford doesn’t even offer) from the factory. If you want to order the primered top and have it painted, that’s on you, but it would cost the same no matter what top you decided to buy. So why are you implying that it’s part of the cost of an ADV top?
Thats good to know, I couldn't find that anywhere.

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The photos I have seen look like slick painted. My bad.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Inside and out with the current cost of materials and the amount of prep to do Fiberglass correctly i estimated light, go on you if you can do it for 1000."

No, this is what you said. Your point was to refute my statement with "I estimated light, good on you if you can" to somehow make it seem you know better or that somehow I don't understand the costs, or whatever your point was. Maybe it was just to be right or have the last word.

In some parts of the country, like SoCal, PNW, Houston, Atlanta, Vegas, you would be hard pressed to find someone who could/would do it for that just due to the cash flow and spending habits of higher rollers in those areas.

But for the rest of the country a fully competent painter can (and does) do them for that, has been. And still making some profit. Not retirement-level, gank-the-customer as much as possible profit, but some. Enough to justify the man-hours I invest. Otherwise, why do it?

Sure, if a customer wants top-shelf BASF or PPG products, that cost goes up accordingly. You can't buy either of those brands' materials enough to do a top for $1000.

I've used Nason brand bases, HOK candies and clears. And it works every time.

FWIW I agree with the purchase price being only part of the expense. Shipping, labor to install for those not capable, and painting if needed. Whether it be just the outside, or inside and out. It's never free.

To do a color match inside AND out would still be roughly half that. Honestly looking at about $1200, everything included. Just the outside, depending on color, can be done between $800-1000. I don't postulate on whether it can be done or not, because I've done it. Numerous times in using BC/CC paint, Single stage matte black, and Raptor liner. Literally dozens,

Last edited:

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thats good to know, I couldn't find that anywhere.
Go here and read just the first post in each of the 4 parts, and most of your questions will be answered. if you have time you can read through the threads, because there may be some more information added, but most of the basics are in ADV’s initial posts…

Sponsored

the blue potato

Wildtrak
First Name
Mr. Gone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

"Inside and out with the current cost of materials and the amount of prep to do Fiberglass correctly i estimated light, go on you if you can do it for 1000."

No, this is what you said. Your point was to refute my statement with "I estimated light, good on you if you can" to somehow make it seem you know better or that somehow I don't understand the costs, or whatever your point was. Maybe it was just to be right or have the last word.

In some parts of the country, like SoCal, PNW, Houston, Atlanta, Vegas, you would be hard pressed to find someone who could/would do it for that just due to the cash flow and spending habits of higher rollers in those areas.

But for the rest of the country a fully competent painter can (and does) do them for that, has been. And still making some profit. Not retirement-level, gank-the-customer as much as possible profit, but some. Enough to justify the man-hours I invest. Otherwise, why do it?

Sure, if a customer wants top-shelf BASF or PPG products, that cost goes up accordingly. You can't buy either of those brands' materials enough to do a top for $1000.

I've used Nason brand bases, HOK candies and clears. And it works every time.

FWIW I agree with the purchase price being only part of the expense. Shipping, labor to install for those not capable, and painting if needed. Whether it be just the outside, or inside and out. It's never free.

To do a color match inside AND out would still be roughly half that. Honestly looking at about $1200, everything included. Just the outside, depending on color, can be done between $800-1000. I don't postulate on whether it can be done or not, because I've done it. Numerous times in both paint, matte black, and Raptor liner. Literally dozens,
What Dave says above is truth. Quotes I saw for Ford MIC was about $2k to paint it right. Looking close to $8-9k for a painted hardtop......no thanks.

OP
OP
ADV Fiberglass

ADV Fiberglass

Big Bend
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.advfiberglass.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am excited over the top, I just want to know the options, pricing of the options and shipping costs. In my case to Connecticut.
I have spent a lot of money to build my bronco exactly the way I want. I need a quality hard top to be able to mount my roof rack, front lights and rear backup lights (all of which are in my basement)
The question has been raised by another poster who is at the same dealership as me, "will ADV try to bundle orders to the same location to further reduce the freight costs".
looking forward to what the production timetable will be.
The options pricing will be released on 2/28. They are not expensive so it is nothing to worry about. As for shipping, you are more than welcome to speak with your local dealership and gather orders to be shipped together to save on shipping. We have taken shipping costs into account while engineering our top to make sure they are as affordable as possible. However please keep in mind that the freight industry has seen very high increases over the last 18 months.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The options pricing will be released on 2/28. They are not expensive so it is nothing to worry about. As for shipping, you are more than welcome to speak with your local dealership and gather orders to be shipped together to save on shipping. We have taken shipping costs into account while engineering our top to make sure they are as affordable as possible. However please keep in mind that the freight industry has seen very high increases over the last 18 months.
Do you have dealers in Canada/BC? No way it'll be efficient for me to potentially buy this and ship it up here.

OP
OP
ADV Fiberglass

ADV Fiberglass

Big Bend
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.advfiberglass.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The inside is finished. There is no need to paint the inside of the top.
Sponsored