Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was close. I said 6k
The price is driven by what Ford Motor Co will charge for their hardtop, which is a multi-piece setup priced around $6,600 and $6,900. Thatā€™s an estimate but pretty close based on published part number pricing thus far.

lahinch18

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Much cheaper than I expected. Pricing is very
Competitive and close to what Ford will sell for.
Oh no, Fordā€™s pricing at this point is just shy of 7k. Which is ridiculous considering the upgrade when ordering a vehicle equipped with a hard top is approx 1k, give or take.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The price is driven by what Ford Motor Co will charge for their hardtop, which is a multi-piece setup priced around $6,600 and $6,900. Thatā€™s an estimate but pretty close based on published part number pricing thus far.
I have a hard top Not an issue for me

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I did, it's terrible, glad I ordered a hardtop.
Iā€™ve been living with it since July and think itā€™s pretty rad. Ya know what they say about opinions? Theyā€™re likeā€¦ah never mind.

I wouldnā€™t say itā€™s perfect. I would change a few things if I could - but, the functionality and quality are solid. Zero leaks. Warm inside during the cold and super fun and easy to get the Bronco experience during the warmer days.

I keep repeating myself - but, most Jeepers I talk to (even in the northeast) prefer their soft top 9 out of 10. The hysteria over Bronco hard tops is viral.

Wade Garrett

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FiST
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ā€œPatheticā€ Donā€™t be a drama queen. šŸ¤£
Oh, nothing dramatic at all. It's pathetic on Ford's end, this shouldn't be a shock to anyone. It's good to know that hardtop options are available for those who don't have one is what I'm saying.

Sponsored

Wade Garrett

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FiST
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Iā€™ve been living with it since July and think itā€™s pretty rad. Ya know what they say about opinions? Theyā€™re likeā€¦ah never mind.

I wouldnā€™t say itā€™s perfect. I would change a few things if I could - but, the functionality and quality are solid. Zero leaks. Warm inside during the cold and super fun and easy to get the Bronco experience during the warmer days.

I keep repeating myself - but, most Jeepers I talk to (even in the northeast) prefer their soft top 9 out of 10. The hysteria over Bronco hard tops is viral.
Sure, it's my opinion, but let's not pretend that it's all puppy dogs and ice cream, the soft top looks cheap and performs cheap. I didn't come here to bash the softtop, and while nobody likes the truth these days, it's good to know that there are hardtop options out there from Ford and the aftermarket (especially the aftermarket).

Last edited:

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think the manufacturing "experts" here forget this key detail. OEM has the economy of scale advantage, you need to sell A LOT OF TOPS to see a discount in the sheer amount of work behind design-production costs.

$5-6k is pretty much what I thought it would cost. I laughed at the "why aren't more manufacturers jumping at making hardtops?" posts.
Not to mention hundreds of millions of investment dollars in capital equipment, amortized over tens of thousands of units, over multiple product types and designs.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The other advantage Ford has is you can see an actual top on an actual Bronco in person. No way am I spending $6k on a top I havenā€™t seen in person. Example: Took one look at a Bronco with the MIC at our local dealer and immediately changed my order to soft top. Was like, nope, not for this guy.

While the Ford soft top is better, itā€™s not great. I plan to hold out for a Bestop version that fully retracts or one of these tops if the price comes down.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Donā€™t knock it until you try it.
I had a YJ Wrangler for 12 years. The soft top will eventually wear out; try cleaning the rear windows when it is 10 degrees outside and it is covered in winter road grime. The plastic windows will scratch to the point you can't see out of them. Some asshole will cut the window(s), or worse, the top to steal your stuff.

Nah, been there and done that. Hard top for me, 100%.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sure, it's my opinion, but let's not pretend that it's all puppy dogs and ice cream, the soft top looks cheap and performs cheap. I didn't come here to bash the hardtop, and while nobody likes the truth these days, it's good to know that there are hardtop options out there from Ford and the aftermarket (especially the aftermarket).
The ford soft top doesnā€™t look cheap and perform cheap. Please explain to me those two opinionated statements. Itā€™s a canvas top and please donā€™t start about the rear side windows. Itā€™s a design feature to enable access to the rear more easily.
Sponsored