Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You can buy a Leer XR100 with lots of options for around 3,500 - 4,000

One of the options is headliner. They also do not use the clap like in your picture

3AE61A27-0DB2-47E0-A4FA-6B20E8DFA257.png

D99CD481-9E90-4F8F-A7AF-69F2E6C9D5AD.png

FD5F8F7E-29F6-4C5E-91B2-CB5F6BC66FF0.jpeg
Wait his top has a VD? He better get that checked out. Stat.
Sponsored

Wade Garrett

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FiST
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The ford soft top doesnā€™t look cheap and perform cheap. Please explain to me those two opinionated statements. Itā€™s a canvas top and please donā€™t start about the rear side windows. Itā€™s a design feature to enable access to the rear more easily.
I've seen and driven a 4 door 2021 Bronco with it at low and highway speeds, that's all anyone really needs to know to assess it as such. Look, I'm not trying to make anyone feel butthurt about it. The piece of shit hardtop on the 2 door that I ordered has it's issues as well.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The other advantage Ford has is you can see an actual top on an actual Bronco in person. No way am I spending $6k on a top I havenā€™t seen in person. Example: Took one look at a Bronco with the MIC at our local dealer and immediately changed my order to soft top. Was like, nope, not for this guy.

While the Ford soft top is better, itā€™s not great. I plan to hold out for a Bestop version that fully retracts or one of these tops if the price comes down.
I've seen 4 hard tops so far since November last year. All of them well made with an attractive surface finish. Sure, internet hype has made the MIC top out to be the devil, but the current production of MIC 2.0 seems what Ford indented the design to achieve.

The soft top rear windows are a PIA to remove/replace and have sag to allow for the clamshell movement. The clamshell doesn't open far enough IMO.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've seen 4 hard tops so far since November last year. All of them well made with an attractive surface finish. Sure, internet hype has made the MIC top out to be the devil, but the current production of MIC 2.0 seems what Ford indented the design to achieve.

The soft top rear windows are a PIA to remove/replace and have sag to allow for the clamshell movement. The clamshell doesn't open far enough IMO.
Thatā€™s the value of seeing it in person. For some itā€™s fine, for others itā€™s not. Like most things in life. $6k is a lot for something you canā€™t check out first.

It could also rattle, leak, fade, crack. More power to early adopters.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've seen and driven a 4 door 2021 Bronco with it at low and highway speeds, that's all anyone really needs to know to assess it as such. Look, I'm not trying to make anyone feel butthurt about it. The piece of shit hardtop on the 2 door that I ordered has it's issues as well.
I own one and drive it regularly at low and highway speeds and see no issue with how it operates. Aside from the plastic rear window noise itā€™s no noisier than the mic top. Iā€™m not exactly sure what you would expect from a giant piece of fabric. Hence I asked you to elaborate. Saying something is garbage because you say itā€™s garbage really isnā€™t giving a very sound opinion.

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thatā€™s the value of seeing it in person. For some itā€™s fine, for others itā€™s not. Like most things in life. $6k is a lot for something you canā€™t check out first.

It could also rattle, leak, fade, crack. More power to early adopters.
I read somewhere the rear 2-door MIC clamshell is just 89 pounds. Considering the amount of glass it has, that seems pretty damned lightweight to me, which just helps down the line in removal and storage. I'm thinking a fiberglass version will probably exceed that weight target; I'm not sure the 4-door MIC and 2-door MIC use the same rear clamshell.

After seeing 4 examples of the MIC 2.0 I'm confident when my Bronco is delivered, I'll be happy with the MIC. I ordered a 2-door, so I really have no choice in the matter. LOL

Wade Garrett

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FiST
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I own one and drive it regularly at low and highway speeds and see no issue with how it operates. Aside from the plastic rear window noise itā€™s no noisier than the mic top. Iā€™m not exactly sure what you would expect from a giant piece of fabric. Hence I asked you to elaborate. Saying something is garbage because you say itā€™s garbage really isnā€™t giving a very sound opinion.
The noise I witnessed first hand and overall quality isn't good. I expected more, that's all. I also don't care for the appearance. Different strokes brother :)(y)

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

with all the discussion of tops, Ford induced most of us on this thread to buy a car they could build during the hardtop fiasco.
I think that Ford having encouraged order holders to switch to the soft top should be coming up with a plan to offer all those that switched, a hard top at a similar price to what it would have cost to order a dual top package from the factory.

Raptor72

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The noise I witnessed first hand and overall quality isn't good. I expected more, that's all. I also don't care for the appearance. Different strokes brother :)(y)
Odd. Iā€™ve owned a 4 door BL since September and have driven 7k and have never had to raise my voice when speaking. Love my soft top.

Sponsored

MTNLUV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2024 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Much more than I was hoping for. We had dual tops on our original order and that was only costing another $1795 from Ford. Iā€™m hoping Ford will give us the option of getting a MIC 2.0 (or 3.0 by the time they have some) for less than $3,000. As of now, we canā€™t order one and no price is listed in the accessories site yet. I think Iā€™ll love my soft top and keep my $5200.

jimmer

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco plus 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Totally agree here. Not to mention, thereā€™s a market for those still wanting a MIC top now and not wanting to wait to purchase though Ford. Iā€™ll gladly sell mine for a few thousand and upgrade to what ADV is offering.
If you ever do decide to sell your hard top let me know please, I would give you 2 grand plus I live in Colorado.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
with all the discussion of tops, Ford induced most of us on this thread to buy a car they could build during the hardtop fiasco.
I think that Ford having encouraged order holders to switch to the soft top should be coming up with a plan to offer all those that switched, a hard top at a similar price to what it would have cost to order a dual top package from the factory.
Much more than I was hoping for. We had dual tops on our original order and that was only costing another $1795 from Ford. Iā€™m hoping Ford will give us the option of getting a MIC 2.0 (or 3.0 by the time they have some) for less than $3,000. As of now, we canā€™t order one and no price is listed in the accessories site yet. I think Iā€™ll love my soft top and keep my $5200.
You guys arenā€™t wrong but it will never happen.

When those accessory tops are finally available Iā€™m guessing theyā€™ll be $5k+ before shipping.

and you will be at the back of the line compared to vehicles rolling down the assembly line. And if itā€™s a MOD top it will come unpainted