Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Excellent write-up, great photos and vids, easily makes people want to read on to see what comes next.
We need more of these types of posts and fun on the Forum.
Very nice, and glad to hear you and your ride handled it all well.
Thanks so much for the kind words, Dave!

I tried to keep it relatively quick and include the good photos without having too many of them for fear of boring folks - that was tough! I do plan to track all of my trips here, most likely as part of this thread, but if I take a trip longer than this last one, it might be deserving of a dedicated thread
Sponsored

OP
OP
RC Bronco

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tried to keep it relatively quick and include the good photos without having too many of them for fear of boring folks - that was tough! I do plan to track all of my trips here, most likely as part of this thread, but if I take a trip longer than this last one, it might be deserving of a dedicated thread
For sure.
Personally I'll never get bored reading quality overviews of adventures or loads of pictures.
It's difficult to follow somewhat if you are not familiar with the areas someone is speaking of, but I'll typically pull up a map on my 2nd monitor and follow along some so I understand it better.

Plus it gives me ideas for my "later down the road" trips I plan to take when we are empty nesters.

Murfman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WildTrak, Cyber Orange soft top
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had 2 C 17s buzz me on the road outside of Capulin, as I was headed toward I25 at Raton, NM. Scared the crap out of me as I didn't hear them till they were over top of me. They were 150 - 200 or so feet AGL (above ground level). One on either side of the highway, in staggered formation.

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great write up, and awesome trip!. My first road trip in the Bronco was from CA to some wheeling it UT, then a tour of Death Valley on the way home. I've had the Jeep all around the Bishop CA area, looking forward to getting back up there in the Bronco.

Ford Bronco Adventures in Death Valley 20221102_164522
Ford Bronco Adventures in Death Valley 20221102_174827

Sponsored

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There isn't much around here honestly, mostly hiking trails etc. unless you travel to the coast or out elsewhere, I'd like to get out to the Big Bend area, maybe some others will chime in. I think there are some trails and stuff around Enchanted Rock out by Fredericksburg which is the hill/wine country that is really pretty. I've been to Hidden Falls with side x sides and RV'd there with friends a few times, it's a lot of fun, lots of crawling etc. but nothing like the pix you have above but some pretty sights.

When we get ours maybe we can all plan a Texas trip with others to meet up!

OP
OP
RC Bronco

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I haven't been to Texas in a while and barely passed through the northwestern corner on this previous trip, so I'll be checking each of those three out and I bet I'll be adding them to my slowly growing lists of places to visit!

I'd love to go on a group trip and meet some fellow owners! There's a lot more fun in a group trip and I'm all for it

LC4Dakar

Outer Banks
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus 7, Land Rover Series 2a
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The ONLY issue I experienced with my Bronco on this trip was with the keyfob. Several times throughout the trip, the Bronco refused to detect the key (and I hadn't brought the spare...).
That happened to me. I changed the battery in the key fob and haven't had a problem since. I keep a spare battery in the console now.

Bcol2012

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro ZL1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To wrap up my 4326.7 mile (@ 17.5 MPG, running only 91 octane) adventure out to Death Valley and back (almost exactly 100 hours of vehicle runtime), I'm really impressed with how this (almost entirely) stock Bronco did. It handled everything we did, outpaced a lifted 4Runner, got us to some awesome spots, and only has a few new rattles.

As far as those rattles are concerned:
- tailgate (I think Taboose Road knocked something loose inside the tailgate)
- driver window squeaking (once again, I think Taboose Road caused this, but I haven't noticed it in a few days)
- rattling from passenger side, sounds like the rear of the front passenger seat, or something under the rear passenger seat; only occurs on rough roads
- rattling under the front driver-side of the Bronco; nothing is obviously loose and it rides normal, but it's obnoxious to hear on rougher patches of pavement and offroad
- occasional squeak in the middle gasket between the front two roof panels; not constant, but would be annoying if it gets any worse
- small gap in driver-side cargo area gasket (above the taillight) allowed dust into the rear of the Bronco

The ONLY issue I experienced with my Bronco on this trip was with the keyfob. Several times throughout the trip, the Bronco refused to detect the key (and I hadn't brought the spare...). The first time this happened, I ended up having to put the key in the spot in the center console for it to be detected, but once I took it out, the warning message came back. Since that happened, it failed to recognize the key several more times, but once inside the Bronco, manually unlocking via the keyfob seemed to tell the Bronco the key was in the cabin. I haven't had any issues with this since, but it was concerning when I was 1700+ miles from home

Ford Bronco Adventures in Death Valley 20221102_174827

All that being said, I'm eager to upgrade the shocks and tires plus add on-board air to this rig, as money allows. More clearance wasn't necessary for anything we did, but it would have made things easier and just look better too, but I can't complain with this rig as it sits now!
Great write up this sounds like an awesome adventure! Definitely want to make my way up there. Did you ever find a fix for you window squeaking? I just got back from Big Bend (gorgeous btw) and am noticing the same squeaking on the drivers side window that you noted. I am thinking it may have been some dirt that got into the door when I had my window down as it was very dusty and windy at times. I’m going to blowout the window area with a compressor while it’s in the down position to see if that helps but wanted to see if you had any other ideas.

OP
OP
RC Bronco

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great write up this sounds like an awesome adventure! Definitely want to make my way up there. Did you ever find a fix for you window squeaking? I just got back from Big Bend (gorgeous btw) and am noticing the same squeaking on the drivers side window that you noted. I am thinking it may have been some dirt that got into the door when I had my window down as it was very dusty and windy at times. I’m going to blowout the window area with a compressor while it’s in the down position to see if that helps but wanted to see if you had any other ideas.
Thank you very much!

My window squeak went away within a week of returning from DV, but it has come back after two dirty weekend camping trips in KS/MO

I think your hunch on dirt between the window is probably true as I’m not experiencing it on any other window and my drivers window was down when I hit a good sized puddle, getting some debris in the vehicle

I’ll probably wash the vehicle and windows as a first attempt at fixing; if that doesn’t work, I’ll probably mention it to the service center

Bcol2012

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro ZL1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you very much!

My window squeak went away within a week of returning from DV, but it has come back after two dirty weekend camping trips in KS/MO

I think your hunch on dirt between the window is probably true as I’m not experiencing it on any other window and my drivers window was down when I hit a good sized puddle, getting some debris in the vehicle

I’ll probably wash the vehicle and windows as a first attempt at fixing; if that doesn’t work, I’ll probably mention it to the service center
Update: The compressor didn’t do much of anything when I tried to blow down the window cavity. After that I wet the window and rolled it up and down a few times. Squeak went away immediately And haven’t had any issues since. Might just carry a spray bottle with me on the trail next time.
Sponsored