First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee; Toyota Tacoma; BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I did a search related to changing trim levels after ordering but with MY22 order banks approaching, wanted to make sure I understood what options are available moving forward.

October 2020 reservation/February 2021 order. Assumed the Bronco was going to be a daily driver and off-road weekend vehicle. Ordered a Non-SAS BL's with 2.7, high, and MIC. Due to allocation and late reservation time stamp, dealer indicated the order would be MY22 (never confirmed if dealer pushed order automatically using 99 code).

Over the course of the past few months, with Owner and youtube reviews being posted, as well as changing thoughts on Bronco use (off-road weekend vehicle only), while purchasing another car as DD, now want to change my BL trim to BaseSaquatch with the 2.7 and soft top. Lose the sway bar disco but allows custom build (which excites me given the accessories popping up on the forum).

A few questions
1. Can I make the switch based of folk's experience? If so, do I lose the price protection and/or timestamp of original order? If I can switch, should I make the switch now prior to MY22 ordering banks being open, or wait until MY22?
2. If I can't switch, is it best to put in a new order now (MY21 order banks) or wait until MY22 order banks. Either way, extend out the wait period.
3. Will Ford continue to offer the hardtop connections for MY21 or MY22 if one goes softtop?
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So 22 orders are not going to happen until Dec at the earliest (actually building them).

If you switch to a base now, you may actually have a chance at getting your Bronco this year (even though you are a late reservation), But of course that's no guarantee.

So IF you are saying you want a 22, then I would leave your order as is, have it 99... And then in like October when the BnP changes to 22, you can see what choices you want to make from there.

Basically Make it so that there's no way they'll build you a 21 If you want to see what 22 has to offer.