First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 GT/CS, 20 Honda Insight EX & 19 Mazda CX9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
With all the post around here of MIC issues and delays I'm ready to throw in the towel on my original order and switch trims to something Ford can actually build next year.

Right now I have a 2 door BD with mid/4x advanced. Reserved Oct. 15 placed order in February.Current thinking is I may not see this vehicle till this time next year or later. Thinking of going either 4-door Big Bend or going up to 4-door OBX with the soft top obviously. BB with mid and rear locker, OBX just rear locker option.

Am I crazy for wanting to switch? Thoughts on my two alternative builds? They are roughly 1700$ apart (Ford marketing at its best) and I'm not sure if OBX or BB would have a better shot at getting pulled for a build. I know nobody can decide this dilemma except for me. Just looking for advice.

thanks
Sponsored

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan to wait it out for what I want, at least for a year. With an MSRP of $55k, I'm not settling. Im an October reservation holder too and had no expectations of getting a MY2021. For those waiting for a painted top. I wouldn't hold out for a MY2023.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Official statement below. Assumption is IF you ordered prior to 3/19 you will get original cost, changes included (i.e. you move to MOD or another build)

When they start scheduling the 22 run in September the lock may be adjusted since there is a new costing model. Bottom line I would change before Ford starts the 22 scheduling.

Price Protection Extension thru 2023 model year - We'll continue to offer price protection to all Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021) to ensure you will not see an increase in MSRP if you receive an EQUIVALENT 2023 (2022) model year bronco.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Drafting_Monkey

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Official statement below. Assumption is IF you ordered prior to 3/19 you will get original cost, changes included (i.e. you move to MOD or another build)

When they start scheduling the 22 run in September the lock may be adjusted since there is a new costing model. Bottom line I would change before Ford starts the 22 scheduling.

Price Protection Extension thru 2023 model year - We'll continue to offer price protection to all Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021) to ensure you will not see an increase in MSRP if you receive an EQUIVALENT 2023 (2022) model year bronco.
This was another issue. Change before MY22 scheduling or just wait and change after they open up the new order banks. I'm trying to figure out how to get a Bronco by Q1-2 of 2022 as opposed to Q3-4. An impossible task with what we know.

I'm concerned with all the MIC/Constraints issues that I will get bumped to MY23 at this rate. That's a bridge too far IMO

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
At this point unless you want some stripped down model, I donā€™t think it will make a difference.
A Big Ben may be a lower model but hardly stripped down. Actually these lower models even base is the smartest decision will hold greater percentage of value.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It all comes down to which interior you want and whether or not you want the little exterior extras of the OBX are worth it. Personally, I see the BB mid advanced 4x4 as being essentially the same as a OBX advanced 4x4 which comes standard with mid, the OBX isn't worth the extra money without going to the high or lux package, or unless you want a different interior - both come standard with the whistle grill!!!

The reason I went OBX was because I wanted adaptive cruise control and this was the least expensive way to get most of what I wanted without the MGV seats or washout interior. What I really would have liked was a Base 2 door 2.7 MT SAS with advanced 4x4 and adaptive CC - however, that's not a thing.

If I were to opt for the BB over the OBX, this is the configuration that I would get (2 or 4 door)

It would be a 2 (4) Door 2.3 MT Velocity Blue with Medium Sandstone Interior, standard package, rear locker, aux switches, with tow for $36,810 ($39,305) - roughly $10k less than my 2 door OBX build. That's a whole lot of Bronco for not too much money. $10k is a lot of money for customizing.

Last edited:

Bifftws

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Z06 corvette, 2021 Ranger, BMW 328i manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had the opportunity to drive 4 different demos in both 2.3 and 2.7, auto and manual. After driving I changed my order and decided that I would rather wait to get the Bronco I want long term than compromise and have a truck I donā€™t like as much and might want to get rid of. I hope to have my Bronco for a very long time and want to enjoy it all the time rather than be unsatisfied after a few month or year. So I will wait for my 2 door 2.7 squatch and enjoy it into retirement.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Drafting_Monkey

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, with the news that just dropped I guess my decision has been made. I'm guessing if I stick with my original build I'll be lucky to get it in22.
Sponsored