Sponsored

Order Concern with Dealer. Need expertise/advice.

JWBroncoATL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ok. I am a Bronco Reservation holder from June 2021 but I am concerned about something related to my order and need advice from you experts here!

I will try to lay this out as simple/clearly as I can.

• June 2021: Bronco Reservation
  • Oct 2021: Order Put in by Dealer for MY22 (I have the Order Summary and Order Code from the Dealer)
  • Jan 2022: Order changed to Soft Top (as advised by Dealer due to Constraint)
  • Aug 3, 2022: I contacted dealer to change the order back to Hard Top (I really want the Hard Top and might as well get what I want)
  • Aug 4, 2022: I asked the Dealer to send me the Order Summary again so I could double check his work / make sure it is all correct. It's all good.
This is where it gets interesting...
  • Aug 9, 2022: I contacted Ford Chat to inquire if the Order was in "Unscheduled-Clean" status (Curious since MY22 is starting to come to a close)
    • The Chat agent told me: "Good News! You have a VIN" and sent me the VIN and a link to the Ford Tracker
    • I pulled up the order and was super excited! However, upon deeper inspection, I realized it was not what I ordered. It was 99% my order (everything was the same except it was the 2.3L I-4 engine which was not what I ordered)
    • I looked into this further and realized that the Order Summary I was provided by the Dealer a few weeks ago (change back from Soft Top to Hard Top) actually had a different Order Code on it than my original order code.
    • It's like the dealer made a NEW order vs EDITING my ORIGINAL ORDER from OCT 2021.
  • So now I am really concerned. Which one is tied to my Reservation?
  • Aug 10, 2022: I contact Ford Marketing 800 #
    • They told me the Original Order is tied to my Reservation ID, NOT the "new order" (I didn't ask for a new order, just a change)
    • They told me the Original Order has Price Protection, NOT the "new order"
    • I pushed back on the Agent on the phone and she basically said that the only solution was to sort it out with the Dealer.
    • I called the Dealer who was adamant that the new Order Code is tied to my reservation ID (he could not explain why there is a new Order Code to begin with)
So here is my question: "What the heck?"
  • How can I get to the bottom of this to 100% confirm? Ford Marketing is telling me one thing. The Dealer another.
  • Why would there be two orders? Is that how the Ford system works? You can't edit an order, only create a new one.
Any insights or advice on how to get to 100% truth here?
Sponsored

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yep shady
Dealer will sell your original order at a markup to someone else and then sell you the new one.

I’d get ford bronco team on speaker at the dealerin the GM’s office

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you ordered in 6/21 you have price protection. 3/7/22 was the reorder cutoff. If nothing changed you have 1500 (4d) -1900 (2d) protection for the OBX when you convert depending on options.

You have full rights to the reservation order that is incoming, the one that you have access to in your account. Anything else is bait-and-switch.

Print out your original order and go visit the dealer and discuss. Hope you have the purchase price in writing, so they don't try to tack adm on.

OP
OP
JWBroncoATL

JWBroncoATL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The dealer is telling me that my original order is no longer tied to my Reservation ID. That the "new order" is tied to the Reservation ID. He could not explain why my original order ID is no longer my order and why there was a new order placed.

He did send me a screenshot to confirm that the new order # is tied to my reservation.

Hmmmm. Still don't know why my original order # changed but it seems to be confirmed that the new order is tied to my reservation # so I guess it's ok.

Ford Bronco Order Concern with Dealer. Need expertise/advice. Post Ford Order

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

what do you see in your ford portal?

does your order number and vin match up in here with the first order?

Cross check this:
https://www.ford.com/buy/manage.html?reservationId=PUT RESERVATION ID #s HERE

it literally looks like they took your order and ordered again under a new res. i'd want an explanation of why, you may be waiting a while now..

OP
OP
JWBroncoATL

JWBroncoATL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

what do you see in your ford portal?

does your order number and vin match up in here with the first order?

Cross check this:
https://www.ford.com/buy/manage.html?reservationId=PUT RESERVATION ID #s HERE

it literally looks like they took your order and ordered again under a new res. i'd want an explanation of why, you may be waiting a while now..
The First Order # and VIN match up. That's how I got the VIN from Ford.com chat.

The new order is under my original reservation ID (as you can see). I asked why and they could not give me a clear answer.

I guess the good news is that the 2nd order is confirmed to be linked to my reservation ID. Also that the order date of the 2nd order is actually back in Oct 21 (although the reservation ID date should supersede that anyways).

So confusing.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The plus is you should see it this year with the change in focus to existing and yours is early-ish. Also have access to the new colors/heritage/any other changes. Always a plus!

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ok. I am a Bronco Reservation holder from June 2021 but I am concerned about something related to my order and need advice from you experts here!

I will try to lay this out as simple/clearly as I can.

• June 2021: Bronco Reservation
  • Oct 2021: Order Put in by Dealer for MY22 (I have the Order Summary and Order Code from the Dealer)
  • Jan 2022: Order changed to Soft Top (as advised by Dealer due to Constraint)
  • Aug 3, 2022: I contacted dealer to change the order back to Hard Top (I really want the Hard Top and might as well get what I want)
  • Aug 4, 2022: I asked the Dealer to send me the Order Summary again so I could double check his work / make sure it is all correct. It's all good.
This is where it gets interesting...
  • Aug 9, 2022: I contacted Ford Chat to inquire if the Order was in "Unscheduled-Clean" status (Curious since MY22 is starting to come to a close)
    • The Chat agent told me: "Good News! You have a VIN" and sent me the VIN and a link to the Ford Tracker
    • I pulled up the order and was super excited! However, upon deeper inspection, I realized it was not what I ordered. It was 99% my order (everything was the same except it was the 2.3L I-4 engine which was not what I ordered)
    • I looked into this further and realized that the Order Summary I was provided by the Dealer a few weeks ago (change back from Soft Top to Hard Top) actually had a different Order Code on it than my original order code.
    • It's like the dealer made a NEW order vs EDITING my ORIGINAL ORDER from OCT 2021.
  • So now I am really concerned. Which one is tied to my Reservation?
  • Aug 10, 2022: I contact Ford Marketing 800 #
    • They told me the Original Order is tied to my Reservation ID, NOT the "new order" (I didn't ask for a new order, just a change)
    • They told me the Original Order has Price Protection, NOT the "new order"
    • I pushed back on the Agent on the phone and she basically said that the only solution was to sort it out with the Dealer.
    • I called the Dealer who was adamant that the new Order Code is tied to my reservation ID (he could not explain why there is a new Order Code to begin with)
So here is my question: "What the heck?"
  • How can I get to the bottom of this to 100% confirm? Ford Marketing is telling me one thing. The Dealer another.
  • Why would there be two orders? Is that how the Ford system works? You can't edit an order, only create a new one.
Any insights or advice on how to get to 100% truth here?
Log into your ford account and look at your reservation/order info and see what's listed there.
Sponsored