Sponsored

Advice/Knowledge - want to put 35's on Outer Banks with lift & go off roadings with adjustable crash bar?

OP
OP
breezyxm

breezyxm

Outer Banks
First Name
bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think this is really the best option if you have a stock OBX. Look for 285/70R17 or 275/70R18 with a capable AT or hybrid MT tire.

Sure you won't be rock crawling, but you'll have a very capable and good looking Bronco. Take some of the money you saved from the lift and aftermarket crash bars and invest in a skid plate.

Don't get hung up on having "35's" if you can help it. There's a lot of options in between what you current have and what you think you want that could be a lot of fun!
I actually found a good skid plate for $1,250 for the entire underneath that i have saved. My husbands the one thats hung up on the 35's unfort.
Sponsored

OP
OP
breezyxm

breezyxm

Outer Banks
First Name
bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Think I might be obsessed with this look to be honest with you. Do you still have the name and information for those tires and rims? The video makes me feel a lot better about off roading honestly. My friend wants to go down Tennessee in April to do a off roading bronco thing together but I highly doubt those factory wheels will do anything.

BTW, you don't need to modify your Bronco to run some beefier tires without rubbing (not quite 35's - or 315/70R17) but a genuine 33.5" tire will fit with the crash bars and no lift.

IMG_20220910_181155.jpg

Above, no suspension mods, crash bars installed, 295/70R17 on 17x9 +30 offset rims.

This is a non-sasquatch Outer Banks Edition Bronco. They are more capable than most people think.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wanting to keep the crash bars, you can always opt for high clearance crash bars. I think the 4WP kit was linked. But you don't need to buy an entire package just for the crash bars.

There are plenty of vendors that sell high clearance crash bars for the Ranger that are exact fit for the Bronco. Stage3Motorsports offers them and if you check their sponsor sub-forum, they likely offer a discount code for B6G.

OP
OP
breezyxm

breezyxm

Outer Banks
First Name
bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wanting to keep the crash bars, you can always opt for high clearance crash bars. I think the 4WP kit was linked. But you don't need to buy an entire package just for the crash bars.

There are plenty of vendors that sell high clearance crash bars for the Ranger that are exact fit for the Bronco. Stage3Motorsports offers them and if you check their sponsor sub-forum, they likely offer a discount code for B6G.
I didn't know that was even a thing. I'm so new to this stuff.

Sponsored

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Honestly I would just look at either some MT tires on your OBX rims, or maybe some aftermarket 33"s like the post above.

You get to keep the crash bars for safety, they aren't going to be as expensive as 35's, they are still going to be more capable than the base OBX, and if you have truly zero experience off roading you will still have a ton of fun.

Also consider that if your Bronco is much more capable, when it finally gets stuck, the recovery process is going to be that much more of a pain. I wouldn't upgrade until you find a trail / obstacle you just can't do without a lift.

Edit: Also I have drilled through those crash bars to mount my mud-flaps. They are super strength steel. The low profile kits are probably standard mild steel. It is possible they provide the same amount of safety as the factory bars, but unlikely.

OP
OP
breezyxm

breezyxm

Outer Banks
First Name
bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Honestly I would just look at either some MT tires on your OBX rims, or maybe some aftermarket 33"s like the post above.

You get to keep the crash bars for safety, they aren't going to be as expensive as 35's, they are still going to be more capable than the base OBX, and if you have truly zero experience off roading you will still have a ton of fun.

Also consider that if your Bronco is much more capable, when it finally gets stuck, the recovery process is going to be that much more of a pain. I wouldn't upgrade until you find a trail / obstacle you just can't do without a lift.

Edit: Also I have drilled through those crash bars to mount my mud-flaps. They are super strength steel. The low profile kits are probably standard mild steel. It is possible they provide the same amount of safety as the factory bars, but unlikely.
Thank you! I actually reached out to the guy above that had the 33's to see what exactly he got bc i do love the look of those.

BWepps

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hiya @breezyxm ,

I've got an Outer Banks and wanted to do exactly what you're looking for. I was fortunate to get a GREAT deal on a set of Wildtrak (Sasquatch) take-offs. They are the Goodyear Territory MT's and are 315/70R17. Per other folks, I did remove the crash bars as they are unnecessary with the larger tires and so the tires wouldn't rub. Fit great and no lift.

Ford Bronco Advice/Knowledge - want to put 35's on Outer Banks with lift & go off roadings with adjustable crash bar? PXL_20221001_002148945~2

OP
OP
breezyxm

breezyxm

Outer Banks
First Name
bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hiya @breezyxm ,

I've got an Outer Banks and wanted to do exactly what you're looking for. I was fortunate to get a GREAT deal on a set of Wildtrak (Sasquatch) take-offs. They are the Goodyear Territory MT's and are 315/70R17. Per other folks, I did remove the crash bars as they are unnecessary with the larger tires and so the tires wouldn't rub. Fit great and no lift.

PXL_20221001_002148945~2.jpg
How do you feel safety wise? Also how did you remove them? Husband literally just sent me a facebook msg with someone selling their sas tires that are 35s

BWepps

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How do you feel safety wise? Also how did you remove them? Husband literally just sent me a facebook msg with someone selling their sas tires that are 35s
The Wildtrak (SAS) tires are super wide. I feel quite safe and again, no crash bars are on factory Sasquatch models.

I was able to remove the front most crash bars by myself, but I have the Modular Bumper and took off the outermost wing to do so. I went to a local auto service shop for my first oil change and the mechanic there removed the other two for free. They are easy to remove IF you remove the front wheel as well.

Pro Tip: @Discount Tire swapped the SAS wheels onto my OBX for FREE and even paired the TPMS sensors. That's why I always buy my tires from them. :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
breezyxm

breezyxm

Outer Banks
First Name
bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Wildtrak (SAS) tires are super wide. I feel quite safe and again, no crash bars are on factory Sasquatch models.

I was able to remove the front most crash bars by myself, but I have the Modular Bumper and took off the outermost wing to do so. I went to a local auto service shop for my first oil change and the mechanic there removed the other two for free. They are easy to remove IF you remove the front wheel as well.

Pro Tip: @Discount Tire swapped the SAS wheels onto my OBX for FREE and even paired the TPMS sensors. That's why I always buy my tires from them. :)
I'll have to see if we have a discount tire place around here. I am also lucky two of my friends are mechanics to and I have a FORscan.

BWepps

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'll have to see if we have a discount tire place around here. I am also lucky two of my friends are mechanics to and I have a FORscan.
Yes, you will definitely need to enter the new tire circumference. I believe I went with 2641...
There's a thread on it as it's not very simple to do or straightforward. You have to change a couple of settings from what I remember.

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi guys,

So my husband and I have been going back and forth we definitely want to lift the Bronco (Outerbanks) by at least 2" and put 35s on it. He suggested adjustable crash bar because I don't want to remove the crash bar like others have done. I'm worried we wouldn't be able to take the Bronco off roading with the adjustable crash bar, but than again I know NOTHING about this subject.

If anyone can give me some insight or tell me about their experiences Id really appreciate it.
I am going to do the same thing with my badlands, but decided instead of finding a different crash bar solution, I replaced the front bumper with a jcr offroad vanguard bumper. Given that it is solid steel and frame mounted, it should provide support to reduce intrusion into the wheel from the front of the vehicle.

https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/BR6FV.html

NormanBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Cheese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm not sure where you are located but i have sas tires/wheels AND sas suspension (4 coilovers, UCA, and level kit) im looking to sell. As others have said, don't put on a cheap lift. A sasquatch takeoff suspension like mine would set you up right :) I also agree with others that you'll be safe removing crash bars

I'm in OK so it may not be feasible for you but feel free to message me if you're interested!

OP
OP
breezyxm

breezyxm

Outer Banks
First Name
bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not sure where you are located but i have sas tires/wheels AND sas suspension (4 coilovers, UCA, and level kit) im looking to sell. As others have said, don't put on a cheap lift. A sasquatch takeoff suspension like mine would set you up right :) I also agree with others that you'll be safe removing crash bars

I'm in OK so it may not be feasible for you but feel free to message me if you're interested!
Im pretty far away from you in Pittsburgh PA
Sponsored