First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I measured some things for AFE and they just emailed me back that they are machining up a set that will work and they may be able to get them in the mail today. I requested overnight. We shall see.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Edsasso

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are sent a new set and they are still wrong. More emails. More time and no truck. They also dont answer their phone calls. 2 emails sent today, 3 calls, no emails back and no returned calls. These people just dont care. It is very sad.

OP
OP

Edsasso

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They also sent the replacement parts not overnight which further shows that they couldn't care less about me getting my truck back on the road.

ITLRUN

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lethal performance is run by a bunch of clueless losers. One minute of watching the mullet wearing walking scarecrow in their videos could tell you that. Their customer service is the worst I've ever seen. Whole place is a scam. Just order from someone else and save yourself the trouble.
Wow. This is the first I’ve heard of anything bad from those guys. I have had great experiences with Jared and crew over the years. The “Mullet wearing walking scarecrow” is Jared, the owner. He and his marketing team are constantly doing things to gain attention while making people laugh. I’m sorry that you’ve had a bad experience, but that is not the norm.

OP
OP

Edsasso

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In other news, these guys at AFE are machining me another set of adapters for my truck. They do nothing fast. NOTHING. So I guess, I may get the adapters next week some time and well We will see.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Edsasso

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I got my third set of rings and i just modified them to make them fit. AFE was not very helpful and I will never buy anything from them again.

Migo

Badlands
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am looking at installing the AFE pipes on my Whipple intercooler. Any feedback as to whether AFE has addressed the fit issues? Thanks.

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The problem with the aFe connecting to the Whipple is rather simple. Apparently they never tried the combination. It can be fixed on the bench.

spuddy59

Base
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ll chime in. Their charge pipes won’t fit my CPE intercooler despite them confirming it would. I believe the issue is the lip on their intercooler adapter isn’t deep enough to seat properly. I reached out to them to see what they say and reinstalled my stock pipes in the meantime.

I think I can work around it if they don’t have a solution; but I’ll have to do some thinking and make some custom sized coupling hoses.

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ll chime in. Their charge pipes won’t fit my CPE intercooler despite them confirming it would. I believe the issue is the lip on their intercooler adapter isn’t deep enough to seat properly. I reached out to them to see what they say and reinstalled my stock pipes in the meantime.

I think I can work around it if they don’t have a solution; but I’ll have to do some thinking and make some custom sized coupling hoses.
I used my Dremel to fix it

Sponsored

spuddy59

Base
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I used my Dremel to fix it
Explain please. Did you dremel the adapter inner lip to deepen it? It feels like it’s almost there, it just needs an extra millimeter or three to get the retaining clips to click in.

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Explain please. Did you dremel the adapter inner lip to deepen it? It feels like it’s almost there, it just needs an extra millimeter or three to get the retaining clips to click in.
For the aFe connecting to the Whipple. The clips would not engage as the collar would not go far enough. I beveled the front inner edge to match curved milled edge where the tube met the body of the IC.

sorry this is the only photo I have, it was a long day fighting it before I figured out the issue. It would be best to test and fix on a workbench.

spuddy59

Base
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
For the aFe connecting to the Whipple. The clips would not engage as the collar would not go far enough. I beveled the front inner edge to match curved milled edge where the tube met the body of the IC.

sorry this is the only photo I have, it was a long day fighting it before I figured out the issue. It would be best to test and fix on a workbench.
Gotcha! That makes more sense than what I was picturing in my head. I’ll give that a try and then go with new 90 degree couplings with longer legs if dremeling doesn’t pan out. Thanks!

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Gotcha! That makes more sense than what I was picturing in my head. I’ll give that a try and then go with new 90 degree couplings with longer legs if dremeling doesn’t pan out. Thanks!
Oh another issue, that doesn’t what manufacturer you pick. The two 90 degree elbows that go to the IC. Trim them for clearance, especially the passenger side, you need at least 1/2” or better from the alternator. The engine flexes in the chassis.
Sponsored