Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I want 24 bolt beauty rings.

i went mild crawling at 15psi and it was fine. Does anyone with experience think this was risky?
Sponsored

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i went mild crawling at 15psi and it was fine. Does anyone with experience think this was risky?
It depends on the pliability of the sidewall on your tires. I would not go below 15 without beadlocks. With beadlocks, you can go to single digits.

Big Foot

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA Sorrento
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you are correct. No one will ever pull you over and asked if they are legal .. BUT if you are in an accident where the beadlock rings falls off and causes an accident, then you will be liable.

Again you still need to check the bolts every few hundred miles
Thanks

Sponsored

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How could anyone be ok with $800 for 5 aluminum rings?!?!?
You price out aluminum billet and a CNC mill with a 20” x 20” bed lately?

Price out 5 full beadlock wheels?

It can be done for like 670 if you shop hard, there is no better way currently. Doubt anyone do rings for much cheaper that are high quality.

If you need them, you need them.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Beauty rings are cosmetic and not a safety item

So you had actual beadlocks installed on your beadlock capable wheels and feel it risky airing down? To 15? With beadlocks in place you ought to be able to go to zero psi and not throw a tire.

And you want 24 bolt beauty rings? Drill 12 holes in your 12s, cut off bolt heads and glue in place, 24 bolt beauties without even changing a tire.

What most people miss in the beadlock discussion, at least from what I have read, the actual beadlocks are for off road use only.

Might be better off, since lower psi off road is most likely low speed. Is to install run flats on proper rims. Sidewall damage potential doesn't change.

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Update: Disregard. Looks like they are pretty ugly without the beauty rings. Another kind member had posted the attached picture, in case anyone has not seen it with the ring off.

Original post: Anyone have a picture of the SAS wheel with the beauty rings removed? I'm being lazy. Wanted to see what it looked like without the beauty rings. A quick search brought me to this thread. If not I will remove and take a pic and share for future reference. Trying to decide if I powder coat them black or just take the rings off and see if it looks pure black without them.

IMG_9615.jpg

Sponsored

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Beauty rings are cosmetic and not a safety item

So you had actual beadlocks installed on your beadlock capable wheels and feel it risky airing down? To 15? With beadlocks in place you ought to be able to go to zero psi and not throw a tire.

And you want 24 bolt beauty rings? Drill 12 holes in your 12s, cut off bolt heads and glue in place, 24 bolt beauties without even changing a tire.

What most people miss in the beadlock discussion, at least from what I have read, the actual beadlocks are for off road use only.

Might be better off, since lower psi off road is most likely low speed. Is to install run flats on proper rims. Sidewall damage potential doesn't change.
let me clarify for you, since I was either very unclear or you completely missed the point.

i want 24 bolt beauty rings - gives it the beadlock look WITHOUT the hassle of re-tightening every empty gas tank AND avoids the technicality of DOT safety. (oh man he's faking it, why didn't he just spend the $1000, that's chump change)

i went wheeling at 15psi without beadlocks, unsafe? - I am asking if going to 15psi without beadlocks is safe or not, which was already answered, I can see how this can be too vague for some people.

also, I'm not going to just "simply drill holes" into the factory rings, that shit would be crooked as hell and probably crack one, they're just plastic. I am not about to pay to have them drilled.

edit: flimsy metal

Last edited:

nd2002

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 BMW M2, '18 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

also, I'm not going to just "simply drill holes" into the factory rings, that shit would be crooked as hell and probably crack one, they're just plastic. I am not about to pay to have them drilled.
They’re actually painted metal.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They’re actually painted metal.
And it would be quite simple to clamp one atop another, offset by so many degrees (15 to be precise) and a home workshop drill press or even a handheld drill and your 12 hole ring now has 24 holes.

What the poster instead implies to get 24 hole rings requires new wheels with 24 holes and matching tings. My suggestion saves a ton of money

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You price out aluminum billet and a CNC mill with a 20” x 20” bed lately?

Price out 5 full beadlock wheels?

It can be done for like 670 if you shop hard, there is no better way currently. Doubt anyone do rings for much cheaper that are high quality.

If you need them, you need them.
Don't forget like 10lbs of bolts too. Everything is getting more expensive, or I'm just getting old faster.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These are street legal bead lock made in USA Rock Monster Wheels..they do have for 21/22 Bronco

Ford Bronco Aftermarket beadlock rings 752C31C4-17DB-4EF4-A1CE-EF0B814FF907
Sponsored

Last edited: