Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Current hardtop order holder for “they who should not be named” and literally emailing them to cancel now and get a refund. I’m hoping to see some photos of peoples aftermarket hardtops, Anderson, TOR, maybe armadillo designs if they’ve shipped any, ideally on a hot pepper red bronco. Anyone get a primered Anderson and have it painted? No need to discuss the other company that can’t ship even one top.
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I think owe the Youtube world a follow-up video, but here is a video I made the day I picked up my Turn Offroad hardtop:

Some things I'd now say:

It's got a few noises I'd like to eliminate, but generally no issues there.
It's a ton quieter than the OEM soft-top, like, ALOT.
The slant in the back has ZERO measurable impact on my storage space, i can fit more stuff in than before with the soft-top.
Packing has been easier in a hard top than a soft top.
The TrailRax roof rack fits well with it, overhangs a touch, but it looks kinda cool that way.
I've needed to adjust the front latches a few times now, I probably need to do it one more time. Visually they're not great looking but functionally absolutely nothing wrong with them. I forget they are even there.

Turn and Anderson products are both nice looking, get the one that matches the functionality you want. Both have wait times, but aren't vaporware like ADV, or just watch the forums like a hawk for an OEM top.

OP
OP
WILDcardOD

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, I think owe the Youtube world a follow-up video, but here is a video I made the day I picked up my Turn Offroad hardtop:

Some things I'd now say:

It's got a few noises I'd like to eliminate, but generally no issues there.
It's a ton quieter than the OEM soft-top, like, ALOT.
The slant in the back has ZERO measurable impact on my storage space, i can fit more stuff in than before with the soft-top.
Packing has been easier in a hard top than a soft top.
The TrailRax roof rack fits well with it, overhangs a touch, but it looks kinda cool that way.
I've needed to adjust the front latches a few times now, I probably need to do it one more time. Visually they're not great looking but functionally absolutely nothing wrong with them. I forget they are even there.

Turn and Anderson products are both nice looking, get the one that matches the functionality you want. Both have wait times, but aren't vaporware like ADV, or just watch the forums like a hawk for an OEM top.
I’ll watch this as soon as I get back home. Honestly if they put more an OEM style latch system in I wouldn’t hesitate being full on team TOR, (I have a preorder for TOR already too so that helps). Yes it’s dumb but it’s how I feel, and I may just live with it. My story is weird though because I had an OEM top, but convinced myself ADV was turning it around and sold mine because I wanted to eliminate that bulky middle segment, the ugly gray, and the impending quality issues that could come about with the ford top (literally a couple weeks later the guy I sold it too told me one of the shocks that hold the back window just fell off, and he’s not even in a hot climate). I also just loved the other ADV products so was all in, and honestly I’m ok with the assembly, although I think that should lower the cost or at least the shipping since it ships flat.

But now I would honestly take my OEM top back and just be happy and ignore the things I didn’t like about it. Now if I could get my hands on that new black one they’re making for a special package bronco id be ecstatic.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got a primered Anderson top. Here’s my thread: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/finally-got-my-anderson-composites-hard-top.90760/

overall it VERY GOOD top. I wouldn’t say perfect though. Still a few tweaks I am making to get it as noise free as possible. It will never be completely noise free obviously since it’s removable.

overall I would buy again but I would have gotten the standard finish and saved myself some $$

the shop that painted it said the primer chipped when they were sanding it. So they decided to remove all the primer it came with and add their own. This added another $1k to my build. Overall the paint job they did is pretty good but not the best. So that’s why I say I would get the regular one next time hahah

BUT I’m still happy with it and I get lots of compliments on it

IMG_7790.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
WILDcardOD

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I got a primered Anderson top. Here’s my thread: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/finally-got-my-anderson-composites-hard-top.90760/

overall it VERY GOOD top. I wouldn’t say perfect though. Still a few tweaks I am making to get it as noise free as possible. It will never be completely noise free obviously since it’s removable.

overall I would buy again but I would have gotten the standard finish and saved myself some $$

the shop that painted it said the primer chipped when they were sanding it. So they decided to remove all the primer it came with and add their own. This added another $1k to my build. Overall the paint job they did is pretty good but not the best. So that’s why I say I would get the regular one next time hahah

IMG_7790.jpeg
That smooth finish with the paint is beautiful but you’re so right about the cost to paint. Wish they could just sell a painted black version, it’s so clean and nice.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That smooth finish with the paint is beautiful but you’re so right about the cost to paint. Wish they could just sell a painted black version, it’s so clean and nice.
You ain’t lying! When it’s clean it’s like no other!! We keep getting a lot of sporadic rain out here so it’s mostly been dirty (including in this pic haha)

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Hard Tops - please share pics and experience IMG_1338
Looks nice but thought the whole idea of getting a primered top was to paint it body color

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I received and installed my Anderson top a couple weeks ago. It has exceeded my expectations so far. Very high quality.

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Hard Tops - please share pics and experience IMG_1338
The pics on Anderson's website make it look the same color as wheel arches and midvpillar. Obviously they're producing something several shades lighter. If it doesn't match or blend with existing parts I might consider the white top instead

Sponsored

Grey Pony

Outer Banks
First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 DRW Lariat2022 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ordered an Anderson Composites top. It took about ten weeks to arrive I installed with the help of my son in about 45 minutes. It took longer to unpack than to install. Put it on the Bronco on March 2nd. I've driven it all over and love the noise reduction. Pulled it behind the motorhome from South Texas to Atlanta a couple of weeks ago. Driven it in the pouring rain, taken it through several carwashes and no issues what so ever. I'd recommend Anderson composites 100%.

I personally don't care for the looks of the Turn Offroad top and Armadillo still hasn't delivered a top that I have seen. The Armadillo tops just look like they would sound like being in a tin can. The sound deadening in the Anderson top is a lot more pleasing to look at than the OEM.

So thankful I didn't jump on the Advanced bus wreck !

This photo has the Ford roof rack installed. It fits perfectly as well.

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Hard Tops - please share pics and experience Ec2tcsu

My attempt at a photo of the sound deadening.
4QI0kOW.jpg

OP
OP
WILDcardOD

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ordered an Anderson Composites top. It took about ten weeks to arrive I installed with the help of my son in about 45 minutes. It took longer to unpack than to install. Put it on the Bronco on March 2nd. I've driven it all over and love the noise reduction. Pulled it behind the motorhome from South Texas to Atlanta a couple of weeks ago. Driven it in the pouring rain, taken it through several carwashes and no issues what so ever. I'd recommend Anderson composites 100%.

I personally don't care for the looks of the Turn Offroad top and Armadillo still hasn't delivered a top that I have seen. The Armadillo tops just look like they would sound like being in a tin can. The sound deadening in the Anderson top is a lot more pleasing to look at than the OEM.

So thankful I didn't jump on the Advanced bus wreck !

This photo has the Ford roof rack installed. It fits perfectly as well.

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Hard Tops - please share pics and experience 4QI0kOW

My attempt at a photo of the sound deadening.
4QI0kOW.jpg

[/QUOTE
I saw a video that made the armadillos sound cancelling seem surprisingly good, but I get that. Also I have a top lift from having my old top and can’t see it working with the armadillo even though I enjoy its unique look.

Last edited:

Packen8

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I received and installed my Anderson top a couple weeks ago. It has exceeded my expectations so far. Very high quality.

IMG_1342.jpeg

IMG_1340.jpeg

IMG_1344.jpeg

IMG_1338.jpeg
Phil I love this wheels do you mild telling me what brand and model they are ? I’m all the way over on the opposite end of Our Great County East Coast of Maine!! Lol Thank you

Your top looks perfect!!

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw a video that made the armadillos sound cancelling seem surprisingly good, but I get that. Also I have a top lift from having my old top and can’t see it working with the armadillo even though I enjoy its unique look.
TLP works just fine with the Anderson as well that’s what I use