First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw a video that made the armadillos sound cancelling seem surprisingly good, but I get that. Also I have a top lift from having my old top and can’t see it working with the armadillo even though I enjoy its unique look.
The Armadillo top is designed to not be taken off like the OEM top. It can, but the way it is designed, it would not be optimal. That is why it has large open roof panels, and both the gullwing and the rear window can be removed easily for that Safari lifestyle. The sound deadening on that top is really really good. I was sent a sample of the top running down the highway at 75 and 63 decimal readings. By the by they have a lightbar as well.

With production beginning now, I expect to get my top next month. As with all things I do I will have a full write-up, good or bad, here. I have been on the Armadillo journey since they announced it, and they have kept me well informed. From revisions and retakes I feel they have arrived at the best possible position and with their showing of the top to known aftermarket shops, and potential customers, I think they will be successful with the top.
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had an order with "the other guys" for almost a year - I cancelled, received a refund (not even a "full refund" as I was out of pocket for the exchange rate difference...).

Placed an order with TOR, and have never looked back. Not only is their customer service awesome, but the product itself has been great. I've had my hard top as one of the earlier batches and loved it.

I'm not going to type up my review again - It can be found here:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/turn-off-road-hard-top-self-installation-review.88381/

OP
OP
WILDcardOD

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had an order with "the other guys" for almost a year - I cancelled, received a refund (not even a "full refund" as I was out of pocket for the exchange rate difference...).

Placed an order with TOR, and have never looked back. Not only is their customer service awesome, but the product itself has been great. I've had my hard top as one of the earlier batches and loved it.

I'm not going to type up my review again - It can be found here:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/turn-off-road-hard-top-self-installation-review.88381/
No that’s perfect, I wouldn’t expect your whole review typed up 😂 especially since you’ve already done it.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@BrianH : White. It's the Anderson top, which comes in white. His RIG looks really good with it.

Sponsored

BrianH

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
White. Its the Anderson top, which comes in white. His RIG looks really good with it.
Thanks for the quick reply - it almost looks like a silver color and I couldn’t tell.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No that’s perfect, I wouldn’t expect your whole review typed up 😂 especially since you’ve already done it.
Hope it helps in your decision!

I also have other details in my Bronco build journal, linked in my signature. I have a couple other TOR products, including a half-roof rack and tailgate reinforcement bracket. All of which are of the same high quality.

OP
OP
WILDcardOD

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Armadillo top is designed to not be taken off like the OEM top. It can, but the way it is designed, it would not be optimal. That is why it has large open roof panels, and both the gullwing and the rear window can be removed easily for that Safari lifestyle. The sound deadening on that top is really really good. I was sent a sample of the top running down the highway at 75 and 63 decimal readings. By the by they have a lightbar as well.

With production beginning now, I expect to get my top next month. As with all things I do I will have a full write-up, good or bad, here. I have been on the Armadillo journey since they announced it, and they have kept me well informed. From revisions and retakes I feel they have arrived at the best possible position and with their showing of the top to known aftermarket shops, and potential customers, I think they will be successful with the top.
Ok that’s fair, I hadn’t thought about it just being always on and just taking the panels all off and calling it good but that makes perfect sense.

OP
OP
WILDcardOD

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was almost sold on armadillo, but realizing that it’s meant to stay on plus the difficulty of removing and storing it will likely hold me back from armadillo since I spent too much money last year on a diabolical slipstream which would be rendered useless, and it’s literally my favorite add on.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was almost sold on armadillo, but realizing that it’s meant to stay on plus the difficulty of removing and storing it will likely hold me back from armadillo since I spent too much money last year on a diabolical slipstream which would be rendered useless, and it’s literally my favorite add on.
Yes, that makes sense, the diablo system is nice and is meant for the topless folk to have that extra security. I would also look for a different route.

I have the softop, but I am the opposite. I do not take the softop down enough now, thus the reason I went to the Arnmadillo. Having the panels off will be enough for me.

Sponsored
OP
OP
WILDcardOD

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, that makes sense, the diablo system is nice and is meant for the topless folk to have that extra security. I would also look for a different route.

I have the softop, but I am the opposite. I do not take the softop down enough now, thus the reason I went to the Arnmadillo. Having the panels off will be enough for me.
If I hadn’t bought it I would be all in, I wanna see videos of it in full safari but haven’t really seen one yet. I hope you love it once it arrives!

Brewdaddy

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler (Now sold - thanks Carvana)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ordered an Anderson Composites top. It took about ten weeks to arrive I installed with the help of my son in about 45 minutes. It took longer to unpack than to install. Put it on the Bronco on March 2nd. I've driven it all over and love the noise reduction. Pulled it behind the motorhome from South Texas to Atlanta a couple of weeks ago. Driven it in the pouring rain, taken it through several carwashes and no issues what so ever. I'd recommend Anderson composites 100%.

I personally don't care for the looks of the Turn Offroad top and Armadillo still hasn't delivered a top that I have seen. The Armadillo tops just look like they would sound like being in a tin can. The sound deadening in the Anderson top is a lot more pleasing to look at than the OEM.

So thankful I didn't jump on the Advanced bus wreck !

This photo has the Ford roof rack installed. It fits perfectly as well.

Ec2tcsu.jpg

My attempt at a photo of the sound deadening.
4QI0kOW.jpg
Curious on your order process. Want to order one but they will only deliver to a “commercial” address. Where did you have it delivered?

OP
OP
WILDcardOD

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Curious on your order process. Want to order one but they will only deliver to a “commercial” address. Where did you have it delivered?
They have a dealer locater at the bottom of the page and you can see if there’s one near you.

Grey Pony

Outer Banks
First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 DRW Lariat2022 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I live on a large piece of acreage. They agreed to deliver to my address. The freight driver called me in advance and met?delivered to my driveway. We unloaded with his lift gate into the ben of my Dually.
I ordered through Vivid Racing. They offered several Body/Off Road/ Speed shops that could or would accept delivery also.

Brewdaddy

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler (Now sold - thanks Carvana)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They have a dealer locater at the bottom of the page and you can see if there’s one near you.

Thanks, that gives me hope!
I live on a large piece of acreage. They agreed to deliver to my address. The freight driver called me in advance and met?delivered to my driveway. We unloaded with his lift gate into the ben of my Dually.
I ordered through Vivid Racing. They offered several Body/Off Road/ Speed shops that could or would accept delivery also.
Thanks! Appreciate the reply, gives me hope.
Sponsored