Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Very cool to offer components... That said:

Base vehicle for $60k
Parts for $60k (min)
Wheels and tires for $5k
Labor (total WAG) for $40k (cutting, welding, painting + all the bolt-ons)

Total: $165k

It sure as hell better out perform the Raptor. Unfortunately it definitely won't in ALL categories/contests. It would still be missing (or have less of):
  • Waaay less power/torque
  • Internally reinforced frame (and body stiffeners)
  • Beefed up transfer case and clutches
  • HOSS 4.0 steering rack
  • Anti-lag turbo system
  • Larger brakes (calipers and rotors)
  • Inferior seats and instrument cluster
  • Exhaust modes
  • Disconnecting front sway bar
  • Active, electronic shocks with modes
  • Less towing capacity
More travel, yes, 40s, yes, but this list above just can't be called insignificant in anyone's book.

It's fantastic we have these amazing choices for drool worthy parts and systems, just no where near enough bang for the buck for me.
Sponsored

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I guess I could just sell my house and live out of the Bronco.

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Very cool to offer components... That said:

Base vehicle for $60k
Parts for $60k (min)
Wheels and tires for $5k
Labor (total WAG) for $40k (cutting, welding, painting + all the bolt-ons)

Total: $165k

It sure as hell better out perform the Raptor. Unfortunately it definitely won't in ALL categories/contests. It would still be missing (or have less of):
  • Waaay less power/torque
  • Internally reinforced frame (and body stiffeners)
  • Beefed up transfer case and clutches
  • HOSS 4.0 steering rack
  • Anti-lag turbo system
  • Larger brakes (calipers and rotors)
  • Inferior seats and instrument cluster
  • Exhaust modes
  • Disconnecting front sway bar
  • Active, electronic shocks with modes
  • Less towing capacity
More travel, yes, 40s, yes, but this list above just can't be called insignificant in anyone's book.

It's fantastic we have these amazing choices for drool worthy parts and systems, just no where near enough bang for the buck for me.
Some of us don't want a 4 door no matter what whiz-bang shit or fancy pickup names ford puts on it...Sorry but this setup far surpasses your Braptor buddy. And the Raptor is BUTT UGLY and the APG Bronco is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

And your WRONG about the disconnecting front sway bar...I have that on my 2dr. And the HD ford performance steering rack, I paved the way for others to use. So that's wrong, as I have that too.

The APG provided shocks are on par with the Braptor especially in wheel travel.

Brakes can be upgraded on ANY bronco, so that's NOT Raptor specific either...pretty much your whole list is BS....Hell there even guys swapping in the Braptor steering wheel and dash guages from a Braptor, soon between the forscan folks and the 6g genius out there ANYTHING your Braptor has can be added to any Bronco. just grab some popcorn sit back and watch it happen.

I'm so happy I don't gotta buy a stupid 4dr to get the performance I'm after. Way to go APG!!!

my dealership offered me a Braptor a few weeks back for $120K (NO THANKS!) so, the numbers arnt that far apart and this way I don't have to buy shit I don't want, get to have a excellent performing 2dr FE instead. what a win win.

Last edited:

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sorry if I caused offense. That said, it seems you are being overly defensive here and making things personal. You can dislike the Raptor as much as you like.

Some of us don't want a 4 door no matter what whiz-bang shit or fancy pickup names ford puts on it...Sorry but this setup far surpasses your Braptor buddy. And the Raptor is BUTT UGLY and the APG Bronco is BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Hmmm, where to start. Not wanting a 4 door is 100% fine. I never said anything to the contrary. I also don't own a Bronco Raptor. Here on the forum you have to choose something for that, so I chose what I hope to be a future vehicle.

My comments are not about MY vehicle vs. yours, rather MY preference vs. an aftermarket alternative....

And your WRONG about the disconnecting front sway bar...I have that on my 2dr. And the HD ford performance steering rack, I paved the way for others to use. So that's wrong, as I have that too.
Again, not talking about your rig... I'm talking about specifically what one gets or doesn't get with the components from this specific vendor and the value, or lack therefof. What I stated is 100% accurate.

The APG provided shocks are on par with the Braptor especially in wheel travel.
Well either electronic, continuously adjusting shocks are state of the art or they are not. They may not be what is used to race the Baja 500, but they are used in a plethora of high end vehicles for a reason and a big part of that is diversity in performance. Great on road and great off road is a benefit. Do you think a full APG system will have as good of on road manners as the Raptor? Again, fine if you don't give a rats ass about that, but most do.

Brakes can be upgraded on ANY bronco, so that's NOT Raptor specific either...
See above in bold...

pretty much your whole list is BS....
Please point out a single objectively false item from my list and that related claim. You personally don't have to want or love these things, but that doesn't make them "BS".

Hell there even guys swapping in the Braptor steering wheel and dash guages from a Braptor, soon between the forscan folks and the 6g genius out there ANYTHING your Braptor has can be added to any Bronco. just grab some popcorn sit back and watch it happen.
Cool. This is all great. It's great that so many folks who own other Broncos want all of these (BS ;)) great features and parts from the Raptor.

my dealership offered me a Braptor a few weeks back for $120K (NO THANKS!) so, the numbers arnt that far apart and this way I don't have to buy shit I don't want, get to have a excellent performing 2dr FE instead. what a win win.
Glad you didn't waste money on that crazy ADM, I won't either. That's well above current market value/price. That said that number and the APG kit are still $45k apart, I guess that's "not much" for the ballers out there...

Look, again, I get it, you do not want a 4 door. These APG parts and mods are fantastic (as I stated...), for 4drs or 2drs. They will obviously fulfill your modding desires and get you a very capable rig. For me, the bang for the buck, comparing factory Raptor vs. full APG treatment stinks. Different strokes for different folks.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sorry if I caused offense. That said, it seems you are being overly defensive here and making things personal. You can dislike the Raptor as much as you like.

Hmmm, where to start. Not wanting a 4 door is 100% fine. I never said anything to the contrary. I also don't own a Bronco Raptor. Here on the forum you have to choose something for that, so I chose what I hope to be a future vehicle.

My comments are not about MY vehicle vs. yours, rather MY preference vs. an aftermarket alternative....

Again, not talking about your rig... I'm talking about specifically what one gets or doesn't get with the components from this specific vendor and the value, or lack therefof. What I stated is 100% accurate.

Well either electronic, continuously adjusting shocks are state of the art or they are not. They may not be what is used to race the Baja 500, but they are used in a plethora of high end vehicles for a reason and a big part of that is diversity in performance. Great on road and great off road is a benefit. Do you think a full APG system will have as good of on road manners as the Raptor? Again, fine if you don't give a rats ass about that, but most do.

See above in bold...

Please point out a single objectively false item from my list and that related claim. You personally don't have to want or love these things, but that doesn't make them "BS".

Cool. This is all great. It's great that so many folks who own other Broncos want all of these (BS ;)) great features and parts from the Raptor.

Glad you didn't waste money on that crazy ADM, I won't either. That's well above current market value/price. That said that number and the APG kit are still $45k apart, I guess that's "not much" for the ballers out there...

Look, again, I get it, you do not want a 4 door. These APG parts and mods are fantastic (as I stated...), for 4drs or 2drs. They will obviously fulfill your modding desires and get you a very capable rig. For me, the bang for the buck, comparing factory Raptor vs. full APG treatment stinks. Different strokes for different folks.
last I heard you had a Braptor on order, to compare shifting with your porsche and BMW?(baller rides)
do you even have a Bronco?

Sponsored

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

See above in bold...

I think i'm in agreement with you. One thing that I think has always set the Raptor whether F150 or Bronco is how the adjustable shocks are integrated into the system electronically. Adjusting the shock's performance based on feedback from all the sensors. Yeah you can buy adjustable shocks aftermarket, but you will never be able to integrate them into all they vehicle sensors.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
last I heard you had a Braptor on order, to compare shifting with your porsche and BMW?(baller rides)
do you even have a Bronco?
Let's please try to keep this civil. I absolutely did not call you a baller, seriously nor in jest.

Not sure what my prior post about Raptor shift times has to do with this.

No, I don't have nor have owned a Bronco. I haven't even driven one. Relevance? I'm just a car guy, road going and off-road going.