First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The ARB Twin comes with 2 40a fuses, one fuse for each compressor. We prefer to use 40a circuit breakers, but the circuit protection is the same.

I don’t know how @Snacktime had his fuse wired, but their fuse blowing likely was because of using a knockoff compressor.

We have run several extensive tests with no fuse blowing/ breaker tripping.
I actually just bought two breakers because I became concerned it could happen and don't want to deal with carrying extras. I'll be putting those in today and was also thinking of rewiring at 6AWG.

What gauge wires did you guys use to extend?

TIA
Sponsored

Last edited:

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The ARB Twin comes with 2 40a fuses, one fuse for each compressor. We prefer to use 40a circuit breakers, but the circuit protection is the same.

I don’t know how @Snacktime had his fuse wired, but their fuse blowing likely was because of using a knockoff compressor.

We have run several extensive tests with no fuse blowing/ breaker tripping.
I'm using the china 300l dual head. Pulling 80amps continuously through 8 guage wire is to much at 20+ feet. Reason I posted was I felt there is a concern.

OP
OP
Jo8n

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm using the china 300l dual head. Pulling 80amps continuously through 8 guage wire is to much at 20+ feet. Reason I posted was I felt there is a concern.
I really appreciate it. Does that compressor use one or two wires to draw power? The ARB uses two; hence, the two 40's but, having done a little googling since you brought it up, I am wondering if I should go with a heavier wire.

Thanks

AGSOFFROAD

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
agsoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually just bought two breakers because I became concerned it could happen and don't want to deal with carrying extras. I'll be putting those in today and was also thinking of rewiring at 6AWG.

What gauge wires did you guys use to extend?

TIA

We used 10g wire for the extension. Using thicker gauge wire would not hurt anything, but keep in mind the short harness that comes out of the ARB compressor are 10g and not able to be changed without disassembling the compressor itself. We expressed these concerns with ARB Technical Support during our development. Here is a screenshot of their response:

Ford Bronco AGS Bronco Air-Gate Kit Installed 9B3F0DF1-1068-40F1-95C1-329D44A29DFB

The Expedition Essentials harness uses 10g wire in their harness, so we went with 10g based on ARB’s recommendation, and we haven’t had any issues.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jo8n

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We used 10g wire for the extension. Using thicker gauge wire would not hurt anything, but keep in mind the short harness that comes out of the ARB compressor are 8g and not able to be changed without disassembling the compressor itself. We expressed these concerns with ARB Technical Support during our development. Here is a screenshot of their response:

The Expedition Essentials harness uses 10g wire in their harness, so we went with 10g based on ARB’s recommendation, and we haven’t had any issues.
Yeah. I figured, when reading the instructions, their suggestion was fine but was since worried it's such a long run it might be unusual. Still, if you guys find it fine, maybe I'll save myself the trouble unless I find myself wanting to repurpose the others for an amp or something later.

I really appreciate the responses.

Thanks again

OP
OP
Jo8n

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed my breakers, went down and up 10 PSI, and decided to be happy with my current wiring. Thanks for all the input.

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't noticed it but my tailgate table is rather creaky so I might have trouble telling the difference. I was thinking maybe a reinforcement bracket was a good idea though too.
If this is the option I go with, I'll probably try and do reinforcement and spare relocation at the same time. Do we know if mount is compatible with most relocation mounts?
The wiring is definitely the most daunting task, especially for those of us without that firewall grommet.
And is this too much power to activate via Aux 2?

OP
OP
Jo8n

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If this is the option I go with, I'll probably try and do reinforcement and spare relocation at the same time. Do we know if mount is compatible with most relocation mounts?
The wiring is definitely the most daunting task, especially for those of us without that firewall grommet.
And is this too much power to activate via Aux 2?
I don't know about the relocation mount but, regarding the switch, there should be minimal load on your switch as you'd be wiring the two 40A power lines directly to your battery and just the purple on/off wire to your switch.

Thart89

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Decided against using the Expedition harness since I'll need to extend it anyways. Just two red and one black 10 gauge wire and one purple 16 gauge need extending? How did you extend them using the stock arb harness? Thanks!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jo8n

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Decided against using the Expedition harness since I'll need to extend it anyways. Just two red and one black 10 gauge wire and one purple 16 gauge need extending? How did you extend them using the stock arb harness? Thanks!
I cut the power harness before the fuses. Then I ran the wires starting at the rear, driver side door so I fed the cables from there to the battery and from there to the rear panel by the tail gate. This made the most sense to me for some reason. I know you didn't ask about the routing but, just in case you're interested in the path I chose, there's an earlier reply with those details.

Reattached the fuses after routing through the firewall to the battery.

EDIT: I just realized you were the one that asked about the routing before :p

Thart89

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I cut the power harness before the fuses. Then I ran the wires starting at the rear, driver side door so I fed the cables from there to the battery and from there to the rear panel by the tail gate. This made the most sense to me for some reason. I know you didn't ask about the routing but, just in case you're interested in the path I chose, there's an earlier reply with those details.

Reattached the fuses after routing through the firewall to the battery.

EDIT: I just realized you were the one that asked about the routing before :p
Thanks for the response. More so just clarifying which wires are needed/need to be extended. Two 10g red, one 10g black/white and the one 16g purple for the switch? I was just looking at the ARB harness and noticed a thin black wire too. Does that also need to be extended or connected at all. Watched the ARB video which doesnt mention extending anything but shows the thin black wire sharing the ring terminal with the black/white wire. Also mentions only needed the one purple wire from the switch harness when using aux. Just want to clarify before I start. Thanks!

OP
OP
Jo8n

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the response. More so just clarifying which wires are needed/need to be extended. Two 10g red, one 10g black/white and the one 16g purple for the switch? I was just looking at the ARB harness and noticed a thin black wire too. Does that also need to be extended or connected at all. Watched the ARB video which doesnt mention extending anything but shows the thin black wire sharing the ring terminal with the black/white wire. Also mentions only needed the one purple wire from the switch harness when using aux. Just want to clarify before I start. Thanks!
I did extend the small black one on the power harness. I also remember thinking it wasn't terribly clear what that one was for. On the switch harness, I only used/extended the purple.

Thart89

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did extend the small black one on the power harness. I also remember thinking it wasn't terribly clear what that one was for. On the switch harness, I only used/extended the purple.
Any idea what gauge wire you used for the thin black wire?

OP
OP
Jo8n

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any idea what gauge wire you used for the thin black wire?
16--for both the thin, black ground and the purple switch wire (my "purple" extension wire was blue if it shows up in any pictures).
Sponsored