First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am having significant air conditioner issues and wondering if anyone else has encountered the same. It started a year ago when they changed out the compressor due to the vehicle blowing hot air when the air conditioner is running.. I brought it back in several months later for the same reason, and there was a couple Small leaks. Now they cannot find the problem.

The car will intermittently just run ambient air when the air conditioner is on. Whatever the outside temperature is, thatā€™s what the air blows. I would say this occurs more than cold air blows out. Sometimes cold air will blow out for two or three days and then it resort back to you the outside temperature air. Living in Phoenix itā€™s not fun.

Has anybody encountered anything like this and have they been able to diagnose it? Iā€™ve taken it to the shop twice recently and they cannot find a problem.
Sponsored

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sounds like is low on Freon. I havenā€™t had any issues. Or heard of others with the same symptoms

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No issues here, I run mine on "Auto" with the temps set to 68. The "Auto" setting puts it into a recirc mode so it doesn't draw in outside air...maybe give that a try.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am having significant air conditioner issues and wondering if anyone else has encountered the same. It started a year ago when they changed out the compressor due to the vehicle blowing hot air when the air conditioner is running.. I brought it back in several months later for the same reason, and there was a couple Small leaks. Now they cannot find the problem.

The car will intermittently just run ambient air when the air conditioner is on. Whatever the outside temperature is, thatā€™s what the air blows. I would say this occurs more than cold air blows out. Sometimes cold air will blow out for two or three days and then it resort back to you the outside temperature air. Living in Phoenix itā€™s not fun.

Has anybody encountered anything like this and have they been able to diagnose it? Iā€™ve taken it to the shop twice recently and they cannot find a problem.
Hi Ryan. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

Sponsored

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sounds like a your compressor is cycling excessively. Do you notice this happening after heavier acceleration? Some have noticed that the AC "pauses" when engine load is higher.

My A/C has been solid. Colder than any of the Toyota products I've owned previously, which was my previous gold standard.

iamcris

Badlands
First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some basics. Ensure condensor fins are clean and free of obstruction (limiting air flow). Ensure cabin air filter is clean (dirty will obstruct air flow over the evaporator coils). Also ensure there's not too much pag oil in the system.

FoxFour281

Black Diamond
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 02 Expedition EB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Low freon will cause the compressor to cycle frequently. Did the dealer ever mention about putting dye into the system for leak check?

Unrelated to a compressor replacement, but I had to have the air control modular reprogrammed because it would not always turn on the compressor. Having it set to full cold or hot was the only to make a change in air temp.

Barneyridesagain

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '20 Trail Boss, '18 Triumph Tiger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We are having the same issue. AC works great from a cold start. Gradually fades after vehicle has been driven a while. Acts like the compressor is short cycling but canā€™t tell for sure when going down the road. Eventually gets to where there is less than a 10deg split on return and supply. Saw a post about issues with the pressure transducer but canā€™t find it now.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I picked up my Bronco in January, so I didn't know the AC didn't work until a stupidly hot day in May. I was afraid to take it to the dealer for fear of it sitting there forever, no loaners, tearing the dash apart, etc. Finally one day a long while later, I discovered the compressor doesn't work . . . unless of course it's plugged in. Yep, they never plugged it in. Check the plug, and any related plugs, as it could be something stupidly obvious that they even missed the second time.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Since OP said "Sometimes cold air will blow out for two or three days and then it resort back to you the outside temperature air." It has to be something controlling compressor function is not working, sounds like coolant and the compressor itself are fine. Definitely a job for the dealer to diagnose a compressor control issue (BCM?)

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
We are having the same issue. AC works great from a cold start. Gradually fades after vehicle has been driven a while. Acts like the compressor is short cycling but canā€™t tell for sure when going down the road. Eventually gets to where there is less than a 10deg split on return and supply. Saw a post about issues with the pressure transducer but canā€™t find it now.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
Sponsored