Sponsored

Airbag Warning Lights: Is this normal or is something wrong?

Levinds

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
About a week or so ago I noticed the airbag lights were illuminated. I had not really noticed them before, so thought this was a recent occurrence but I wasn't certain. If I am driving with a passenger in the car, the notification switches to "ON" but the light circled in the attached image remains lighted.

Is this behaving the way it is supposed to, or is it telling me there is something wrong that needs service?

Of note, in FordPass it says that there are not any active alerts.

Thanks.

Ford Bronco Airbag Warning Lights: Is this normal or is something wrong? IMG_3136
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is why Ford supplies an owners manual.

Ford Bronco Airbag Warning Lights: Is this normal or is something wrong? B4FEF9D5-DC1C-41B1-A815-899E11283F2A
Ford Bronco Airbag Warning Lights: Is this normal or is something wrong? A4ABAF05-8B9C-41D1-BD08-177475995B12
Ford Bronco Airbag Warning Lights: Is this normal or is something wrong? 730DE8AA-B27E-4D5B-8232-B2BE18CE61B4

OP
OP

Levinds

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the response. Yes, I read the manual. But you'll notice that the circled item is not identical to anything in the manual, although close. That's why I asked.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the response. Yes, I read the manual. But you'll notice that the circled item is not identical to anything in the manual, although close. That's why I asked.
Pretty sure only the Off or On should be illuminated. I think you may have an issue.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Your circled airbag light is the same as on page 70. Is the passenger in your vehicle a child or a child restraint item? The manual indicates all your lights, nothing is special about your lights. They are of what is indicated in the manual.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Levinds

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your circled airbag light is the same as on page 70. Is the passenger in your vehicle a child or a child restraint item? The manual indicates all your lights, nothing is special about your lights. They are of what is indicated in the manual.
No. That light is illuminated when no passengers are in the car, and when and adult passenger is in the car. No child restraint systems are installed.

Yes, the light does match page 70, but not what's described on 71, so I don't see an explanation matching the image in the manual.

If no one else has these illuminated under similar circumstances (no children or child restraint systems installed, and with or without an adult passenger) then it sounds like a service issue.

Thank you.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The light you have circled means the passenger airbag is disabled. So if someone is sitting in the seat, it should turn off.

OP
OP

Levinds

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The light you have circled means the passenger airbag is disabled. So if someone is sitting in the seat, it should turn off.
Thanks. I appreciate the response. Since it remains illuminated when a passenger is present, there must be something wrong with the sensor.

Will take in for service.

Appreciate the responses.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
About a week or so ago I noticed the airbag lights were illuminated. I had not really noticed them before, so thought this was a recent occurrence but I wasn't certain. If I am driving with a passenger in the car, the notification switches to "ON" but the light circled in the attached image remains lighted.

Is this behaving the way it is supposed to, or is it telling me there is something wrong that needs service?

Of note, in FordPass it says that there are not any active alerts.

Thanks.

Ford Bronco Airbag Warning Lights: Is this normal or is something wrong? 730DE8AA-B27E-4D5B-8232-B2BE18CE61B4
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP

Levinds

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
Thank you for your response. Just sent you a private message, as requested.
Sponsored