TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You may need to turn that on/off on the driver cluster. I saw it on mine and unchecked it. I’d rather see my “calming screen” 🤣
BTW, WTH is the calming screen and who at Ford thought that was something needed in an off road vehicle?!!

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BTW, WTH is the calming screen and who at Ford thought that was something needed in an off road vehicle?!!
It’s my safe space after engaging with @Tricky Dick on B6G.

Ford knows what they’re doing…

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The same guy that decided it was mandatory to have two speedometers🤦

Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Bronco shifting uses shift by physical cable to the transmission (old fashioned) versus electronic shift by wire (modern)
I would be very surprised if this is true. I thought all manufacturers dropped that a decade ago

Tabman10

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In regards to the automatic Park scenario, you have to keep in mind that this is a 4 by 4 vee-hick-le. It would be expensive (and another thing to break) to automate the shifting mechanism. You also would not want a pure electronic interface in cases where the vehicle may get somewhat submerged or otherwise disabled on a trail, because then you may not be able to pull it out without causing further damage from locked wheels. There are also considerations because these types of vehicles tend to be flat towed/pulled more than a typical car and also require a deliberate shift into Neutral to get to 4L. I'm sure these scenarios could be handled by software or disable sequences on an electronic system, but then it becomes a matter of cheaper/more reliable/safer for the vehicle (with the manual lever) vs. more expensive, more complex, and requiring the customer to never make a mistake (for electronic). Also, even on my 4 year old F150, an alert is displayed/sounds if you turn the engine off without being in Park - it is noisy and difficult to miss.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would be very surprised if this is true. I thought all manufacturers dropped that a decade ago
This is true. It is shift by cable not shift by wire. Ford only started adopting shift by wire in the last decade and it’s slowly trickling through models.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You forget to put it in park and it's the vehicle's fault? Didn't put it in park or use the emergency/parking brake? Someone needs to focus on operating a vehicle properly.

OP
OP
Tdub0527

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You forget to put it in park and it's the vehicle's fault? Didn't put it in park or use the emergency/parking brake? Someone needs to focus on operating a vehicle properly.
Geez, I don't recall saying it was the vehicles fault. Physical keys prevented one from leaving a car while not in park and most other cars switch it out of gear automatically if you get out of your car.

I made a mistake, I felt stupid, I asked a reasonable question given my experiences with every other vehicle I've ever owned, and I'm learning from productive comments back. Yours, was not helpful.

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Geez, I don't recall saying it was the vehicles fault. Physical keys prevented one from leaving a car while not in park and most other cars switch it out of gear automatically if you get out of your car.

I made a mistake, I felt stupid, I asked a reasonable question given my experiences with every other vehicle I've ever owned, and I'm learning from productive comments back. Yours, was not helpful.
Your answer confirms my reply. Pay attention when you are behind the wheel!

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think #1 is fine as-is by design. Putting a car in neutral can be very beneficial, especially for recovery/towing. If the Bronco went straight into park because the door was opened, this could be a problem for us off-roaders or people in certain break-down situations.
As far as #2, I get the dash warning that @BlueBronco posted and chimes go off when someone unbuckles while car is in motion.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think #1 has a much simpler answer than any given. You own a vehicle that has removable doors. You would never go anywhere if the car locked the E-Brake every time it thought the doors were open.
Sponsored