Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure how that would be used in this case…they put the AirTag on either your person (coat/backpack/purse) or vehicle and track you. For the vehicle, they’d track it and when you’re away from it, try and steal it.
If they want you, it won't help. If they want the bronco, the pros duplicate fob. The pouch blocks that signal.
Sponsored

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
no, it fell off of the vehicle at the last tracked location (pics attached in the original post) and destroyed as it’s a major intersection.
could you just have been driving the same route as a car in front or behind you up to that intersection?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Obviously this is pretty nefarious abuse of them by thieves.
If Remington and Colt can be held liable for misuse of their products, why not Apple?

OP
OP
_brand13_

_brand13_

Badlands
First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
could you just have been driving the same route as a car in front or behind you up to that intersection?
No, it was a 40 minute route and traveled at a high rate of speed, no one followed us nor was I following anyone else.

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for posting this. I have no doubt that car thieves would want a new two door bronco. This is a great heads up for everyone.

Sponsored

Wamland

Outer Banks
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does the FordPass app have the ability to track your car? My Nissan app can track my pathfinder and I can turn it off remotely.

OP
OP
_brand13_

_brand13_

Badlands
First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does the FordPass app have the ability to track your car? My Nissan app can track my pathfinder and I can turn it off remotely.
It shows journeys, yes, but I’ve provided pics. It’s an accessory, not an app, that was tracking, and the Ford app cannot be detected by Find My IPhone, which sent out the alert.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Apple air tag page states if someone’s air tag finds its way into your “ stuff”. Your Apple phone will detect it. If you can’t locate the air tag after a period of time, the air tag will send out an audible sound in order for it to be located. “

Wamland

Outer Banks
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It shows journeys, yes, but I’ve provided pics. It’s an accessory, not an app, that was tracking, and the Ford app cannot be detected by Find My IPhone, which sent out the alert.
Sorry should have clarified. I was just wondering if the app was capable of tracking in case the car was stolen.

Sponsored
OP
OP
_brand13_

_brand13_

Badlands
First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry should have clarified. I was just wondering if the app was capable of tracking in case the car was stolen.
No worries! I've gotten all kinds of questions in the last couple of days (and have asked my fair share) so just want to cover it all.

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i wonder if other phone brands can track these tags. I have a samsung and not buying an apple just to track this stuff. Interesting product but i can see why it could be misused like this. Kinda scary. Glad i keep my rig in a locked garage where my german shepherd sleeps, camera's mounted indoors and outdoors and several guns to f*ck up their day...

OP
OP
_brand13_

_brand13_

Badlands
First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i wonder if other phone brands can track these tags. I have a samsung and not buying an apple just to track this stuff. Interesting product but i can see why it could be misused like this. Kinda scary. Glad i keep my rig in a locked garage where my german shepherd sleeps, camera's mounted indoors and outdoors and several glocks to f*ck up their day...
There is a way. To see if it was on the vehicle, we downloaded an app called BLE Scanner 4.0. Park in a place away from anything that would emit a bluetooth signal, then walk around the vehicle and see if anything is emitting a signal. I'm so sorry if there is another way to do it, I only know of this way.
And yeah, we keep ours garaged, live in a gated community (although that's a false sense of security), have cameras, are protected, and have dogs, but my fear would be walking out of HEB one day and someone stole it....

I'm out of my prime to be the target they're going for lol! I am SO glad it fell off before we got to the house though so they don't know where I am.

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They’re using them to track the vehicle, and as a friend with the government and the police shared with me, they’ll follow it, and when you’ve left it, they’ll steal the vehicle.
That's crazy. Thank you for sharing.
Sponsored