snowcatxx87

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / 701SM / Tiger 900RP / Grom / Surron
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes, we are wanting something a little more capable cargo/towing wise and just bigger all around. We really like the Mav, were thinking about keeping it for the gas mileage. Although, I hate the rotary shifter. Our salesman was offering to give us what we paid for it when we ordered the Raptor. I will sell ours for 45 to anyone that wants to drive down here.
The shifter doesnt bother me at all, it's just annoying going to the bronco and I start changing modes instead of going into drive. HAHA!

For what I do with a truck (haul motorcycles, house crap, diy's etc), there is no reason for a Ranger Raptor... except to say I have a ranger raptor. All the off roading / bbq / is handled by the bronco. I feel like it would be a waste to have two off roaders? Not sure.
Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am 100% getting a 2025 Ranger Raptor, or 50% chance of a job 2 2024.

I like to wait one model year after a new Gen/ model comes out.

I am curious about a 2.7 Lariat though, I feel like it's going to be the same price as a Raptor...

I guess better fuel economy, higher towing and payload will be the only advantage.
The Raptor has been out since 2018/19? in Australia. We priced out a Lariat FX4 (2.3)and it was in the 53's. Raptor was 58. That's a no-brainer if you ask me.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Raptor has been out since 2018/19? in Australia. We priced out a Lariat FX4 (2.3)and it was in the 53's. Raptor was 58. That's a no-brainer if you ask me.
Yeah I know, just obviously not made at the Michigan plant.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am 100% getting a 2025 Ranger Raptor, or 50% chance of a job 2 2024.

I like to wait one model year after a new Gen/ model comes out.

I am curious about a 2.7 Lariat though, I feel like it's going to be the same price as a Raptor...

I guess better fuel economy, higher towing and payload will be the only advantage.
For me the choice boils down to Raptor or base 4WD STX. All the non-Raptors are basically the same just more BS stuff on the higher trims. But a Raptor is an entirely different animal.

Sponsored

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Time to trade the mav for a ranger raptor? It's just 80K up here. Absolutely insane money for a midsize truck.
Well, all the reviews think its a bargain. What do the larger Raptors cost? Its not for me, but if I was in the market for a serious off-roader, it would be the Ranger Raptor for sure, and the fact that it isn't giant and will fit in the garage is a big plus.

Kevin Scarbel

Everglades
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Everglades 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
This is what impressed me about the Ford Australia-designed T6 Ranger.
Unfortunately, when it finally arrived here, none of the three diesel options came with it.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is what impressed me about the Ford Australia-designed T6 Ranger.
Unfortunately, when it finally arrived here, none of the three diesel options came with it.

I don't see diesel being a good choice in the USA anymore. With the much higher price of fuel and now DEF, it doesn't make sense.

Kevin Scarbel

Everglades
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Everglades 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
I don't see diesel being a good choice in the USA anymore. With the much higher price of fuel and now DEF, it doesn't make sense.
I hear you. I myself feel that the 3.2L's fuel economy offsets the higher cost. I mean, I would step up from the 2.2L, and also consider the newer 2.0L EcoBlue (Transit was to transition to that from the 3.2L but Covid broke the supply chain and Ford gave up).
Sponsored