Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F150 S-Crew
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It's reminiscent of Antimatter Blue, in where unless its in direct sunlight, it hides the true color of the paint.
I really liked AMB. wish they had kept that instead of adding AGM.
Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I really wish people would stop posting this bullshit chart. Whatā€™s the point with this? You can still get an F150 with an 8ā€™ bed in single cab and Supercab configurations, not to mention a long-bed crew cab in the F250. For those who donā€™t need a long bed, a crew cab truck with a 5ā€™ bed can still do all kinds of ā€œtruck thingsā€ without sticking halfway out into the parking lot, and they can fit in most garages. Everybodyā€™s happy.

Now, this thread is about the new Ranger. In which case, you do have a point. Iā€™m also disappointed not to see a 6ā€™ bed offered - yet. But weā€™ve seen prototypes being driven around, including a crew cab with a long bed (which would be a first for Ranger, if Iā€™m not mistaken). So thereā€˜s still hope for something coming in the future.

Isnā€™t there still a crew cab long bed Tacoma? In any case, weā€™ve seen those around, too, so maybe their ā€˜24 will include thatā€¦?

Googz13

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The ZR2 is just an engine upgrade away from crushing the Ranger Raptor, it already looks better and is probably better offroad because of its approach angles. Nice job Ford, just mailing this one in.
My point was that, if not for the ZR2, ford would have probably gone with Braptor pricing. Your right, the ZR2 is much better value. The only bummer is the leaf sprung rear.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I really wish people would stop posting this bullshit chart. Whatā€™s the point with this? You can still get an F150 with an 8ā€™ bed in single cab and Supercab configurations, not to mention a long-bed crew cab in the F250. For those who donā€™t need a long bed, a crew cab truck with a 5ā€™ bed can still do all kinds of ā€œtruck thingsā€ without sticking halfway out into the parking lot, and they can fit in most garages. Everybodyā€™s happy.

Now, this thread is about the new Ranger. In which case, you do have a point. Iā€™m also disappointed not to see a 6ā€™ bed offered - yet. But weā€™ve seen prototypes being driven around, including a crew cab with a long bed (which would be a first for Ranger, if Iā€™m not mistaken). So thereā€˜s still hope for something coming in the future.

Isnā€™t there still a crew cab long bed Tacoma? In any case, weā€™ve seen those around, too, so maybe their ā€˜24 will include thatā€¦?
It will stop being a bullshit chart when you can walk onto the dealership grounds and drive away in a F150 in a configuration other than Crew Cab with 5' bed.

But that's not possible at least in this corner of the country and as F150 production has been halted, I'm betting that day will be sometime in 2084, or if you special order your rig. Would bet that in states such as Texas, and more rural communities you might be able to drive out with that 8' bed super duty.

AFAIK Toyota has not revealed the full Tacoma cab/bed configuration pairings for 2024. Amazingly back in 2018 when we were shopping trucks you could walk onto a Toyota lot and pick up a long-bed Tacoma. It's just that those trucks were terrible to drive compared to the Ranger. My brand loyalty is to the best vehicle in the segment for what I want to buy, not the emblem on the grill.

But yes, back on 2024 Ranger: Makes no sense to have Maverick locked into crew cab with 4.5' bed, then lock Ranger into a 5' bed and F150 basically only coming in 5' bed. Hard to spot the trucks for the minivans at least here in the PNW tech capital.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I really liked AMB. wish they had kept that instead of adding AGM.
Hey now, don't blame AGM for the demise of AMB, it was gone for a whole model year before AGM.

Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I remember paying $55k for a brand new 801a full size Raptor when they were first released in 2017.

Bonz50

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F150 S-Crew
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hey now, don't blame AGM for the demise of AMB, it was gone for a whole model year before AGM.
not blaming the color at all. I just happened to like AMB better is all.

the only color I wouldn't actually own on a bronco is Black (unless it was for the purpose of wrapping it), impossible to keep clean. I'll die on this hill "Black only looks good on the showroom floor" and I love it when it's brand spankin new but if you look at it crosseyed it's filthy and that would literally drive me to drink (more than I already do :p )

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

not blaming the color at all. I just happened to like AMB better is all.

the only color I wouldn't actually own on a bronco is Black (unless it was for the purpose of wrapping it), impossible to keep clean. I'll die on this hill "Black only looks good on the showroom floor" and I love it when it's brand spankin new but if you look at it crosseyed it's filthy and that would literally drive me to drink (more than I already do :p )
AGM gets allot of grief, just playing around. I've had two black cars in other locations and yes, lots of work and with the pollen season around here there's no way I could do another.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do people actually not like the way the new Ranger looks or are they just disappointed it isn't aping the Tacoma like the Colorado and Frontier did with their redesigns?
Those other trucks are so garish, it's refreshing to see some subtler design. The more subdued looks of the current gen F150 Raptor should have clued us in on what to expect.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do people actually not like the way the new Ranger looks or are they just disappointed it isn't aping the Tacoma like the Colorado and Frontier did with their redesigns?
It looks fine, there's nothing wrong with it in that regard, it's just a plain old midsized truck. It's definitely understated compared to other Raptor styles though. I'm far more underwhelmed by the fact that nothing is really upgraded on it performance wise. Everything they added to the raptor version would be considered a downgrade on a Bronco, except for the 3.0L engine.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It will stop being a bullshit chart when you can walk onto the dealership grounds and drive away in a F150 in a configuration other than Crew Cab with 5' bed.

But that's not possible at least in this corner of the country and as F150 production has been halted, I'm betting that day will be sometime in 2084, or if you special order your rig. Would bet that in states such as Texas, and more rural communities you might be able to drive out with that 8' bed super duty.

AFAIK Toyota has not revealed the full Tacoma cab/bed configuration pairings for 2024. Amazingly back in 2018 when we were shopping trucks you could walk onto a Toyota lot and pick up a long-bed Tacoma. It's just that those trucks were terrible to drive compared to the Ranger. My brand loyalty is to the best vehicle in the segment for what I want to buy, not the emblem on the grill.

But yes, back on 2024 Ranger: Makes no sense to have Maverick locked into crew cab with 4.5' bed, then lock Ranger into a 5' bed and F150 basically only coming in 5' bed. Hard to spot the trucks for the minivans at least here in the PNW tech capital.
You mean something like this...

Ford Bronco 2024 Ranger & 405hp Ranger Raptor šŸ¦– Revealed! Raptor Starts at Just $56,960! IMG_20230330_084543

My backup ride. Not a special order, originally a Inland Empire California truck.

F-150 XL single cab 3.5 Ecoboost 8 ft bed with HDPP (3k payload) and Max Tow. The Tommylift was an afterthought.

See - They do exist!

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, I custom ordered an 18ā€™ with some basic options at 52k msrp but got it for $48.5k and only took 2 1/2 months from order to actual delivery.

I remember paying $55k for a brand new 801a full size Raptor when they were first released in 2017.
IMG_7409.jpeg

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is obviously a factory option to allow much larger rear tires to be used while still having the same effective final drive in 4WD. 33's in the front and 42's out back, or somewhere in that area.
Ford Bronco 2024 Ranger & 405hp Ranger Raptor šŸ¦– Revealed! Raptor Starts at Just $56,960! IMG_7409
10/10 I would buy that truck if they take payment in 30 packs and fireworks. I might even mow theyā€™re Grandmaā€™s yard for a summer.

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Unless something has changed, they're offering the Ranger Raptor at MSRP.

Also as someone who's on their Ranger Raptor waiting list, I've heard they aren't taking any more 'hand raisers' for the waiting list because it's fairly long already and without knowing how many they will be allocated and the lists length the wait could be 2+ years.
Don't expect dealers to get more than 1 apiece or so at first until allocation kicks in based on their 2024 rangers sales further in. I think most order makers will be wtg on raptors for quite some time. Your two year wait time might be light. Don't expect much Raptor production until late in the 24 model year cycle or in 25. And it will be based on allocation at that point, so a small dealer(low volume) will be tough to order one through, sadly.

Last edited:

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
A 5' bed is for soccer moms and minivan owners. Point out how you're 2" wider between the wheels, I'll point out how an extra 12" of length is more impressive

We use our truck as a truck, not a race vehicle.

So in closing, yes, if we had to replace our '19 Ranger it would be with another truck with a 6' bed and currently that means buying a:

• Ford: no
  • Toyota: no
  • GM: no
  • Ram: no
  • Nissan: yes
But hey, have fun at the racetrack with your RRaptor, it can alllllllllmost fit a full set of spare tires in the bed. Almost..... (oh the irony)
I've just not been impressed with Nissan quality overall. And the Raptor will do what I need it to do while also having lots of fun. But I get that it isn't for everyone, as it's definitely not a work truck.
Sponsored

Last edited: