Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish more automakers had as much design chops as alpha. i would drive any of their vehicles but all electric 4x4 just doesn't make any sense for me. I need range and instant refueling.

OP
OP
bigblueboing

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wish more automakers had as much design chops as alpha. i would drive any of their vehicles but all electric 4x4 just doesn't make any sense for me. I need range and instant refueling.
Yea too bad they can’t seem to make them. It’s a weird company.

Sponsored

nhbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia, F150, Ranger, Roadtrek Agile
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This company looks like BS. They have something like 11 different models. Not sure if each of them would need to get its own crash test, but at minimum, 4 and probably 6 would need it. They were founded in 2020 and there is no information available about funding raised. To get this many models on the road, they are going to need hundreds of millions. The founder Edward Lee has no real past experience. The only people working there seem to be related to marketing and business development. They have one engineer who had a career in quality control. IMO, a terrible team.

I would not ever put in any sort of reservation on these people selling vaporware. Car looks cool and I like the renderings, but ill wait until it's on the roads.

Years ago, i was really excited about Bollinger Motors. They looked like they had decent traction and were building an electric truck that was going to be very capable, but also simple (think a few plain analogue guages). They were positioning it is a as truck for people in the trades. Pricing wasn't announced, but most were guessing around the 50k mark. They ended up at 125K which was stupid money for a stripped-down truck. They have given up on it.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That things ugly as shit.

OP
OP
bigblueboing

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This company looks like BS. They have something like 11 different models. Not sure if each of them would need to get its own crash test, but at minimum, 4 and probably 6 would need it. They were founded in 2020 and there is no information available about funding raised. To get this many models on the road, they are going to need hundreds of millions. The founder Edward Lee has no real past experience. The only people working there seem to be related to marketing and business development. They have one engineer who had a career in quality control. IMO, a terrible team.

I would not ever put in any sort of reservation on these people selling vaporware. Car looks cool and I like the renderings, but ill wait until it's on the roads.

Years ago, i was really excited about Bollinger Motors. They looked like they had decent traction and were building an electric truck that was going to be very capable, but also simple (think a few plain analogue guages). They were positioning it is a as truck for people in the trades. Pricing wasn't announced, but most were guessing around the 50k mark. They ended up at 125K which was stupid money for a stripped-down truck. They have given up on it.
Not only that they have three employees and two do the renderings. Lol. There FAQ says 3-5 years for the truck.

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

EV startups are the latest scam. Everyone can create a cool design, have a cool website, do a cool marketing showcase, build 2/3 fully working prototypes to showcase around to pull in millions and millions of investors dollar. And when it comes time to get serious about producing things in mass quantities, 99% of these companies disappear entirely or go radio silent, all while being able to keep investment dollars and more importantly customers pre-order money. This company will be more of the same. Marquees Brownlee does an excellent video on this here:

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s the same on every new launch. 4-5 other companies magically pull renderings out of their ass and try to take presale money. Don’t get enough pre sales to build them. Keep the money they collected. Then try it again on the next hot launch. Side by side games the same too. Hell look at all the products on this site that don’t have firm prices, specs, actual colors or pictures, or even exist for a simple measurement but you can sure as hell pre order them.

Sponsored

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Knock off Suzuki Jimny (which are actually cool)

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was on the Bollinger list, until they wanted too much money. The price reveal webinar was a joke.

I prefer the Atlis concept, build a viable drivetrain with 400-500 mile range and 15 minute recharge and sell us the skateboard to install our own kit car around it.
Sponsored