Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So keeping you guys in the loop with my updates from the big boss at DC Power. He has been working on things and is currently in the electrical testing phase. This is monumentally groundbreaking for us to say the least. I’m sure he is following this thread as well as checking out a lot of the documented cases with the factory units failures. Something I learned from him today was also that our alternators have not tensioners on them they use a flex belt from when he was explaining. Some times I notice on my rig the major fluctuation in alternator voltage reading which I don’t really trust wholeheartedly. Ranging from 12.5v to spiking up to 15.8v sometimes. Possibly due to the fact the bronco is on a stretch belt possibly creating slippage. I’m truly excited to see fruition come about on this alternator upgrade that we all need!
Yeah wild horses found out about that flex belt and lost a few hours trying to sort out how to get it off and on. He even posted the link to the $25 napa tool you need.

An alternative alternator that can handle going off road may be our only hope.
Sponsored

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m interested in the alternator upgrade. Aside from normal operation, a compressor, winch, fridge, etc. puts a lot of additional stress on the system. Especially if I run them all at once with my espresso machine. 🤣

The big draw for me is my son’s Surron ebike. We want to take it off road, but recharging seems like a challenge It’s a 2kw battery, 32ah, and a 600w charger. I’m not really sure how to handle that, and I’ve not stayed at a Holiday Inn Express lately.

LockedBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m interested in the alternator upgrade. Aside from normal operation, a compressor, winch, fridge, etc. puts a lot of additional stress on the system. Especially if I run them all at once with my espresso machine. 🤣

The big draw for me is my son’s Surron ebike. We want to take it off road, but recharging seems like a challenge It’s a 2kw battery, 32ah, and a 600w charger. I’m not really sure how to handle that, and I’ve not stayed at a Holiday Inn Express lately.
It’s a 2kw battery, 32ah, and a 600w charger. I’m not really sure how to handle that,

Kevlar may be a good idea

OP
OP
zuke

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a lot of Battery! It's probably not going to be practical to charge it from the Bronco at all.

Maybe add a portable generator to the stuff you take with you when you take it offroad? How long do you have to charge the battery between rides? Even on 110V it looks like it's several hours to charge up one of those..
Sponsored

Last edited: