Sponsored

Am I the only redneck on here planning a pure redneck build?.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I constantly wanna ask the question... are you a Ford guy/gal... or just here for the bronco? As a general conversation, I mean. With the exception of 1 Honda Civic, I’ve personally never owned anything except fords. I know it’s kind of an outdated mentality, but brand loyalty has always kinda been my thing.

The Honda was for fuel economy when gas prices here were pushing my Broncos monthly bill over $600 a month... it was also a very cheap used car.
Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I buy plenty of odds and ends at HF, mostly non electrical. Need 16" vice grips for just a few things, worked great and ready for the next job.

The 12" mitre saw, it's now on the giveaway pile, but then again it lasted 5 years for infrequent home jobs.
I buy the 4 in grinders when on sale they always come with a new brush kit but at 19.00 and what i do to them i just chuck them if they act up.

I have them set up ,one with a cutoff wheel,grinder,wire cup brush,and blend wheel saves time and energy not having to change every time.

OP
OP
MaverickMan

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I constantly wanna ask the question... are you a Ford guy/gal... or just here for the bronco? As a general conversation, I mean. With the exception of 1 Honda Civic, I’ve personally never owned anything except fords. I know it’s kind of an outdated mentality, but brand loyalty has always kinda been my thing.

The Honda was for fuel economy when gas prices here were pushing my Broncos monthly bill over $600 a month... it was also a very cheap used car.
Ive owned 15 fords, 6 Jeeps, and 1 chevy. And I was almost born in a ford. I also wear a ford shirt atleast once a week. I'd say im a ford guy.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

67 fairlane
74 mustang II
77 mustang II
77 f150 LB
74 f100 LB 4x4
78 f150 SB
67 mustang x2
93 ranger SB
64 galaxy
76 mustang II
64 fairlane
68 f100 SB x2
67 f100 SB
77 f150 SB
69 f100 SB
87 ranger LB 4x4
67 falcon
93 explorer
88 Full size Bronco
95 windstar
95 cougar
93 Full size Bronco
96 Honda Civic
87 f250 LB
03 excursion
89 f450 dump truck
88 ranger LB 4x4 (my son drives)
16 fusion
18 f150 4x4

feels like I’m forgetting a couple but with this list I already feel like I may have a sickness.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Im talking about....
Harbor freight winches
More endorsements of the Harbor freight winches and Rough Country winches from from @Gr8Hortoni
Everyone I wheel with now runs a badlands. Hasn’t failed us yet. Far and away the best bang for the buck in the winch market. Get yourself past the “name brand” and “harbor freight” stigma and enjoy it for half the price of a warn. These things are always on sale.
Another definite add on for me is a good winch setup. Had to pull myself and others out many, many times. Several great options on the market, some very reliable that don’t break the bank. Have had very good luck in the past with the Badlands line sold at Harbor Freight (the warranty is top notch for a great price.), actually given a couple of those away at raffles I’ve done in the past on my off road group.

I think I’m going with the RC 9500 w/synthetic rope. Another great product that won’t break the bank (particularly since I’m friends and wheel with a local dealer) and I’ve seen it in action several times.

https://www.roughcountry.com/pro-series-electric-winch-pro9500s.html

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@North7 3rd times the charm! I just bought a set of hefty 3 ton units because I don’t need to be dead AND an idiot all at once. Being an idiot is too much work as it is. I don’t have a huge reputation to live up to, but I can’t be “that guy” either...
I agree Jud. Life's tough....it's tougher when your stupid. Jack stands ain't nothing to play with. You want the good ones for sure.(y)

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm glad yall are having fun with my crazy ideas. I do want my Bronco to be unique. I like building my own stuff, and cant afford to buy the fancy stuff. Doing what I can with what I got is a big part of my psyche.

I still am suprised alot of you are afraid of swampers. Honestly I'm afraid to do any kind of regular proper wheeling without them. Especially if its far from home. I also think the Broncos suspension will smooth out most everything but the airplane sound. Which I absolutely love! They will make my Bronco sing.

It will take a while for me to get a Bronco probably late next year. But until then I will be crawling around on the ground almost everytime I see one to figure out how I am going to modify mine. I probably wont do anything I cant undo until I pay off my loan but after that I will start to have some real fun. I do think this thing is gonna be rediculously easy to modify to all our individual tastes and then pull all the original equipment out of storage and slap it back to stock. Cant wait to find someone to swap door colors with!
You do you Shane. My wife always tells me, "if you change I'd think you were sick". :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
MaverickMan

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah the jack stand thing is risky for sure. My dad knew atleast one guy who got crushed from not using em back in the day. I do all my work on rubber horse mats over the gravel. So I level it up with 10x8 wood blocks then I put it on a set of HF stands I bought back in 2015, 3 tons. A huge step up from the thin stamped steel ones my dad bought in the 70s with the support tabs all bent over and 3x8 pin in em. I will never use something of that nature with out examining it to some degree. I imagine most failures are from bad welds or bends. I have honestly been planning to build some to address my lack of concrete and height requirements of my truck only fleet(even my eagle is higher than a XJ). There are alot of good designs out there and since the cheapest ones I can find of decent height here start at over 100 a pair, it makes sense to but the metal to make 4 good tall stands with a solid plated footprint with digging toes. Maybe I will call em Sasquatch Feet and sell em on island. I will have to up my jack game now that I bought this old ford tractor a while back.