Threads
Reaction score
Website
specialtyperformanceparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor/Bronco/Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Silly question, but how to the back lights work? The post by ajnotoj shows all the lights off, then backlights on and finally full power lights on. I see the there is a pigtail specifically for the backlight for the stock wire harness connections. Will the backlights also work with the aux uplifter switches from the factory?
Greg,

We have all of our patented plug-and-play harnesses available to give you the simplest and cleanest install available. We do also have the Diode Dynamics lights if you wanted to do a kit with those. We also have Baja Designs, Rigid, etc. I can build any kit for you to be customized to your liking.

Typically, the backlights would be run to a separate switch. However, our patented backlight harness allows you to put your backlights on with the parking/marker circuit, so they will function automatically and without having to take up an additional switch for them.
As Drew stated above, we do also have complete install videos available for these kits, as well.

Here's a link to our Youtube channel so you can see how some of our stuff looks and works.
SPV Parts YouTube Channel

Here's a link to our Triple Fog Kits with Diode Dynamics lights. These kits are currently on sale for 20% off MSRP, and if you sign up to subscribe to emails you will get an additional 5% off of that discounted kit price.
SPV Parts 2021+ Bronco - Diode Dynamics Fog Light Kit w/amber backlight - Including Brackets/Harness (specialtyperformanceparts.com)

If you don't see the combination of lights that you are wanting already on that link, just let me know and I can create it for you and add all your discounts to your cart.

Of course, all of this stuff can be quite overwhelming and confusing when you first start looking around and researching the options. So, please feel free to call or text me directly at the number below and I will gladly step you through everything and answer all of your questions to make sure you get exactly what you want to match your own personal needs/wants.

I hope to get the opportunity to help you with this!

Thanks!
Sidney @ SPV Parts
(317) 934-6778
[email protected]
Specialty Performance Parts | SPV Parts | Ford Performance Parts
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bronco_MI

Bronco_MI

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco, 2016 Ram, 1991 Sierra, 1969 Firebird
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Greg,

We have all of our patented plug-and-play harnesses available to give you the simplest and cleanest install available. We do also have the Diode Dynamics lights if you wanted to do a kit with those. We also have Baja Designs, Rigid, etc. I can build any kit for you to be customized to your liking.

Typically, the backlights would be run to a separate switch. However, our patented backlight harness allows you to put your backlights on with the parking/marker circuit, so they will function automatically and without having to take up an additional switch for them.
As Drew stated above, we do also have complete install videos available for these kits, as well.

Here's a link to our Youtube channel so you can see how some of our stuff looks and works.
SPV Parts YouTube Channel

Here's a link to our Triple Fog Kits with Diode Dynamics lights. These kits are currently on sale for 20% off MSRP, and if you sign up to subscribe to emails you will get an additional 5% off of that discounted kit price.
SPV Parts 2021+ Bronco - Diode Dynamics Fog Light Kit w/amber backlight - Including Brackets/Harness (specialtyperformanceparts.com)

If you don't see the combination of lights that you are wanting already on that link, just let me know and I can create it for you and add all your discounts to your cart.

Of course, all of this stuff can be quite overwhelming and confusing when you first start looking around and researching the options. So, please feel free to call or text me directly at the number below and I will gladly step you through everything and answer all of your questions to make sure you get exactly what you want to match your own personal needs/wants.

I hope to get the opportunity to help you with this!

Thanks!
Sidney @ SPV Parts
(317) 934-6778
[email protected]
Specialty Performance Parts | SPV Parts | Ford Performance Parts
Thanks! I'm going through the options on your website and I'll give you a call later this week.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't understand these multi light fog kits. As far as I am aware, many states allow only one pair of lights to be active at any time, and most (perhaps all) states do not allow more than two. I see so many pics of Broncos with three lights on at the same time, including in this thread. Sure, you can hope that the cops have nothing better to do than ticket you, but what's the point?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Silly question, but how to the back lights work? The post by ajnotoj shows all the lights off, then backlights on and finally full power lights on. I see the there is a pigtail specifically for the backlight for the stock wire harness connections. Will the backlights also work with the aux uplifter switches from the factory?
With the harness that we make your lights are connected to 1 upfitter. The backlights are on another upfitter.

If you want the back-lights on, you flip the upfitter on. Want the main lights on, turn that one on (the backlight automatically turns off when the main lights are on).

Our harness has 3 wires coming off it. GROUND, POWER (for the main lights) and then the BACKLIGHT control wire. It's pretty easy.

For your factory fog harness, there is a 3rd wiring coming off as well which you can run up to the upfitter OR what most folks do is they just run this wire to the other lights harness and tap into the back-light control wire on that harness. This way you don't have to run another wire up there and a simple t-tap works.

What's nice about our harness is it plugs directly into the light. Our harness is made for the light you get, so there is no need to plug our harness into an adapter and then into the light. It plugs DIRECTLY into the back of the light. Here is a photo as an example of the harness you'd get from us where it plugs DIRECTLY into the light. In this example we have 3 Diode Dynamics lights connected together. See how it's nice and clean, no additional wires hanging off

Ford Bronco Amber vs Clear Aftermarket Lights Truck8

Then at the other end we have weatherproof, heat shrinkable connectors. Simply strip back some wire on the upfitter, insert it into the connector and crimp down. You can then use a heat gun or a lighter to shrink the connector which encapsulates the wire so water cannot get to it.

Ford Bronco Amber vs Clear Aftermarket Lights A-Pillar End (3 Wire)

Ground gets bolted to an existing bolt by the upfitters for the ground.
Red wire gets crimped to an upfitter for main power
The purple (BL) wire is the backlight, that gets crimped to another upfitter for the back-light control.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't understand these multi light fog kits. As far as I am aware, many states allow only one pair of lights to be active at any time, and most (perhaps all) states do not allow more than two. I see so many pics of Broncos with three lights on at the same time, including in this thread. Sure, you can hope that the cops have nothing better to do than ticket you, but what's the point?
Off-road lights. Our triple fog kits for example include our harness that puts each pair of lights on it's own switch. So you can choose a street legal set of lights for one pair and then the other ones can be for off-road.

Sponsored

SPVPARTS

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
specialtyperformanceparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor/Bronco/Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

ajnotoj

Wildtrak
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 White 2-door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Bronco_MI I have the amber backlights for all six pods wired to AUX 2, the two SS3 street legal pods to AUX 3, and the four offroad SSC2 pods to AUX 4 (and similar backlight/lamp setup in AUX 5 and 6 for ditch lights). To get the picture from above with the the SS3s and amber backlight, I flip AUX 2 and AUX 3. Small detail, but got these from @StickerFab for organization and they just look cool.

@GroovyGeek so the first picture with amber backlight does not really emit much light, it's just for aesthetics. The second picture with only the single SAE SS3 pod showing is street legal. The last picture with all of them running is strictly for off-roading.

Diode Dynamics makes a variety of lenses for this SS3:

Ford Bronco Amber vs Clear Aftermarket Lights Stage_Series_C2_LED_Pod_Beam_Patterns_-_Description

You are correct that you can only have two additional foglamps to supplement your headlights in California (and probably most states). These SAE Driving SS3 pods meet the SAE J583 standard that California (and probably most states) follows. These are super helpful driving at night, I personally don't think the stock headlights are strong enough. The rest of the lights are only for off-road use, and people can (and should) get ticketed for blinding people with those on the street.
Sponsored