Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wanted to start a thread for anyone curious and maybe get some ideas going. Heres what im planning on doing in my 23 OBX….

Ford JBL soundbar-already installed
Kicker 200.4 amp (have but still need plug and play harness)
Kicker KS 6.5” kick panel speakers 100Watt rms (going in this weekend)
Dealer flashed ACM when soundbar was installed
Changed audio output (digital bass blockers) on forscan

Im trying to get more low end bass (Nothing head rattling)
Im going to amp all the speakers with the Key 200.4
Yes, I am aware that the dash/kick panel speakers share the same channel
As far as my research goes, the dash speakers have a physical bass blocker installed so im not too worried about distortion with amp
Ill have to run some tests with the amp installed to see if I need any high pass filter (ready on amplifier)

Has anyone ran an amp to the factory JBL soundbar yet? How’s the sound?
Sponsored

Last edited:

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Save your money on those kick panels. It is the biggest sunk cost in the bronco's sound staging.

Do you have the factory sub? If not, go tailgate sub or build something custom for the factory sub spot. If you do, time to upgrade.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Save your money on those kick panels. It is the biggest sunk cost in the bronco's sound staging.

Do you have the factory sub? If not, go tailgate sub or build something custom for the factory sub spot. If you do, time to upgrade.
Disagree - I upgraded to Memphis MLP6 (they have a 100db efficiency rating) using stock B&O amp and they absolutely helped with midrange fill on the front stage - which was very bright with my replacement Infinity Reference 407f speakers.

Fully agree on the sub being a needed upgrade though.

OP
OP
Bigguy024

Bigguy024

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I dont have the factory sub and apparently no wiring ran for it either. Ive read a lot of good things on crutchfield/bestbuy reviews when the kicker is added to the ks speakers. I really dont want a box in the cargo area or run another amplifier. If what im proposing doesn’t work I’ll have to consider a sub. Like I said, I dont need super pounding bass, just enough to enjoy some low end frequencies.

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Disagree - I upgraded to Memphis MLP6 (they have a 100db efficiency rating) using stock B&O amp and they absolutely helped with midrange fill on the front stage - which was very bright with my replacement Infinity Reference 407f speakers.

He's actually right considering that the vast majority of folks replace the kick panels woofers with coaxial speakers that virtually do absolutely nothing for the sound stage.

Your MJP6 woofers are a fantastic upgrade for the kick panels.

Last edited:

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base

They're not putting small 6.5 woofers in there, they're using full range speakers. Really different things.

They're better off going for a sub in the back depending on model year - factory spot or tailgate if necessary.
Sponsored