Sponsored

An Unsurprising But Sad Update for Tesla Cybertruck Fans: Production Has Been Pushed to 2022

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought a home with a paid off Tesla solar lease a year ago. I’ve spent hours on the phone and have even had a completely new installation trying to get the system up and running. I’m still waiting for the extremely basic ability to see what my system is producing/consuming.

At this point, the idea of owning a Tesla vehicle is laughable.

This is aside from the fact it’s one of the ugliest and least thought-through vehicles I’ve ever seen.
Sponsored

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Cybertruck reservation was on Sat, Nov 30, 2019 at 6:24 AM making me over 330,000 from the first reservation and I realy truly hope My Bronco is here first being about #31,000 in line seeing that they are already in full production.

I'm a 1st day Bronco and Cyber Truck reservation holder. I have absolutely no expectation for delivery of the Cyber Truck so the delays don't really bother me. However, based on FORD setting an expectation for a late Spring early Summer delivery the delays do frustrate me.

As for the aesthetics, apples and (cyber) oranges comparison. I absolutely love the throw back Bronco and think it will be a blast to drive especially with the doors and top off and the manual transmission. On the other hand, the Cyber Truck for me will be a wild ride into the future, a full self-driving electric vehicle that goes 0-60 in 2.6 sec. I drove a friend's and I'm not 100% sure that I trust a full self-driving vehicle but it'll be a cool experience.

Golfsnob

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base 2 Door, Manual, 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Base
My guess is the actual production model doesn't look anything like that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess is the actual production model doesn't look anything like that.
I think you may be surprised. I bet the overall styling, thematic concepts, and angular shape will remain, but it will have to be street legal, so some elements (e.g., brake lights, turn signals, dimensions) will likely change to comply with legal and regulatory requirements. If I recall correctly, the chief designer has already conceded on the regulatory point.

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s sure gonna be nice to have a Bronco and a Cybertruck and I don’t really care who hates it I think it’s gonna be bad ass

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

pretty amazing 382 days

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... a full self-driving electric vehicle that goes 0-60 in 2.6 sec. I drove a friend's and I'm not 100% sure that I trust a full self-driving vehicle but it'll be a cool experience.
You're going to be waiting a LOOOONG time for true "full self-driving", though if you just mean what Elon calls "full self-driving" (which isn't even close), then yeah, you'll probably eventually see that.

Sponsored

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're going to be waiting a LOOOONG time for true "full self-driving", though if you just mean what Elon calls "full self-driving" (which isn't even close), then yeah, you'll probably eventually see that.

Yeah, I get it, my original point was I don't have expectations of when I'll get the Cyber Truck. And honestly having driven a Tesla, I'm not sure how comfortable I will be in a self-driving vehicle. But I think it will be a net experience.

702_SR5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ill wait to see 1.2million sell. I think the investment banks place boatloads of reservations to prop up the stock.

I think they will eventually sell 1.2million, Im just dubious that there are really 1.2million orders anxiously waiting to place their order.
Yep, those are 1.2M refundable deposits of only $100. Making one is not a huge commitment.

When it comes to predictions/promises by Tesla/Elon...see below.

Forget about LA to NYC...I'd like to see a driverless car go from downtown SF to Reno while there's a snowstorm and "chain controls" on I-80. At night. Especially now that Tesla has reportedly gone cameras-only. :unsure:

P.S. I'm all for electric and/or driverless vehicles. I'm just over the Cult of Elon.

Ford Bronco An Unsurprising But Sad Update for Tesla Cybertruck Fans: Production Has Been Pushed to 2022 20190404_113054

Its Brawnco

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Raptor, 1978 F100, 2016 Ducati Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'd say that's probably a win for the Rivian R1T and Ford F150 Lightning

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So pretend that there are 1.2M reservations for the Cybertruck starting in 2019. Where's that forum because I thought there were a bunch of whiners here. :LOL:

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs