Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500 ram trx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally, after many months of waiting… it has begun!!! My Advanced Fiberglass 5” fenders and hood are getting where they belong. Today, the panels were being test fit and massaged. Body shop owner says these are some of the best fiberglass panels he has dealt with, so hopefully it will be a smooth process, but with my luck, it won’t! I will keep you all updated. As a recap, this is a 2 DR Badlands SAS, now with 37’s.

F6B5A3C1-09D3-4A58-BBCB-500D624DABE5.jpeg

E89BA056-92F5-4979-B0C0-66E6041E10ED.jpeg
Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hello my AFC brother,

I'm about a week ahead. Fit is done and doing the prep for paint. Ram Air Hood was done months ago and doing the 8" fenders.

AFC has it figured out. Great product and customer support...👍👍

Good luck with your build and look forward to see your posts.

20230629_163032.jpg

20230629_163101.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP

ScorpydJim

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500 ram trx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello my AFC brother,

I'm about a week ahead. Fit is done and doing the prep for paint. Ram Air Hood was done months ago and doing the 8" fenders.

20230629_163032.jpg

20230629_163101.jpg
Lookin good my Brother! Next big decision is wheels… tough call! I have had it since end of September, but waited to get the ADV on so I can see how big a tire I can stuff under there

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Lookin good my Brother! Next big decision is wheels… tough call! I have had it since end of September, but waited to get the ADV on so I can see how big a tire I can stuff under there
I hear ya!!! It's a bottomless hole looking for wheels, even coming up with a short list... there's is always another wheel, that's nice!!! Lol.....

Trying not to pull the trigger, next size up are 40"s and that's gearing upgrades, ect....

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Keep us updated! Great to hear that a company cares about quality... like it's "Job 1." We all want 40s with some travel room, right? ;)

My brain says 35-37s are the best for travel and articulation but the Bronco resurrection is still too fresh for me to chop one of these up or bash em off of rocks. If they were as common place as Wranglers, JK-up, then I wouldn't have a problem--replacement parts and major repair experience are limited now, though.

I'm hoping these and a lift would make a functional run of the Rubicon trail on 40s with very little chance of trail damage to the body (5yr plan).

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello my AFC brother,

Ford Bronco And it has begun…  Advanced Fiberglass 5” fenders and hood are being installed 20230629_163101

Ford Bronco And it has begun…  Advanced Fiberglass 5” fenders and hood are being installed 20230629_163101
Not to hijack, but are the 8 inchers just the 5 inch with a removable 3 inch flare? That'd be awesome for on-road coverage and off-road poke.

Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not to hijack, but are the 8 inchers just the 5 inch with a removable 3 inch flare? That'd be awesome for on-road coverage and off-road poke.
No, on the 8" it's a step down flare, the fenders are one piece.

The 5" flare do have a flat edge about 1.5" I considered adding a rubber flare to that. I did it to my '87 Bronco.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, on the 8" it's a step down flare, the fenders are one piece.

The 5" flare do have a flat edge about 1.5" I considered adding a rubber flare to that. I did it to my '87 Bronco.
Bummer. Pictures like this gave me a false hope:
Ford Bronco And it has begun…  Advanced Fiberglass 5” fenders and hood are being installed Screenshot_20230701_114738_Chrome

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bummer. Pictures like this gave me a false hope:
Ford Bronco And it has begun…  Advanced Fiberglass 5” fenders and hood are being installed Screenshot_20230701_114738_Chrome
What do you mean? With 37" KO2s that's a nice setup with proper wheel well gap and just enough poke... that's me now but, I have visions of grandeur of going to 40"s one day....

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What do you mean? With 37" KO2s that's a nice setup with proper wheel well gap and just enough poke... that's me now but, I have visions of grandeur of going to 40"s one day....
False hope that the black piece that looks like it has screws/fasteners on its inside could be removed for the trail.

OP
OP

ScorpydJim

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500 ram trx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep us updated! Great to hear that a company cares about quality... like it's "Job 1." We all want 40s with some travel room, right? ;)

My brain says 35-37s are the best for travel and articulation but the Bronco resurrection is still too fresh for me to chop one of these up or bash em off of rocks. If they were as common place as Wranglers, JK-up, then I wouldn't have a problem--replacement parts and major repair experience are limited now, though.

I'm hoping these and a lift would make a functional run of the Rubicon trail on 40s with very little chance of trail damage to the body (5yr plan).
I have posted before that I would love to do a “Bronco Lower 40”, as the Jeep lower 40 was one of the coolest Jeep proto’s out there IMO. Budget is having to come into play here, take it a step at a time. With these fenders and a a little juicing, I may be able to fit some 38’s. Gears, axles, and all the other snacks add up, and are beyond my wrenching.
Sponsored