Sponsored

Another DIY set of painted beauty rings using duplicolor gloss black wheel paint

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So originally I wished that we had the option to get the black Wildtrack beauty rings on the Badlands but as it wasn't an option I thought I could accept the silver rings since I'll probably scratch them up off road and what not but after seeing some Wildtraks around town the silver bugged me aesthetically. I've seen a few of my forum mates here DIY their's black so I figured I would DIY mine as well.

To begin I sanded them all down with 2000 grit sandpaper, even in the bolt holes and circular cracks. After a good wipe with iso alcohol I painted them with 3 coats of duplicolor gloss black wheel paint with 10 mins between coats. Then I waited about 20 mins before a heavy clear coat of duplicolor gloss.

After letting them cure overnight I could tell the paint was soft to a fingernail so into the oven they went. 250 degrees F for about 90 mins then into the cold garage. After a couple hours in the garage I could tell the paint had hardened very nicely with no risk of debris easily damaging the new coat. Here's a few pics of painting, baking, and installed because we all can never get enough Bronco on 6g can we. 😉

Ford Bronco Another DIY set of painted beauty rings using duplicolor gloss black wheel paint F4C7EC29-1A89-4A98-B149-AD8474ACC5EC

Ford Bronco Another DIY set of painted beauty rings using duplicolor gloss black wheel paint 417AD7AE-7DE2-4CC3-BAD6-7458B8F3D136

Ford Bronco Another DIY set of painted beauty rings using duplicolor gloss black wheel paint CADD9D43-7D41-4EE6-8927-7CA26687E186

Ford Bronco Another DIY set of painted beauty rings using duplicolor gloss black wheel paint 91CD7BC5-ABD5-426C-9DD3-FA86FF1CDD57
Sponsored

ipongtreat

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4-Door Bronco Badlands Sasquatch LUX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great. How much of the paint and clear coat did you need for the project?

OP
OP
internationlriders

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great. How much of the paint and clear coat did you need for the project?
One can of black and I used every bit of it then maybe half can of clear? It was down cutting it very close on the black but got everything with a nice couple costs.
Sponsored