Sponsored

Anticipation for the New Bronco. Credit markets tightening (nervous Nelly)

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What economic environment are we in? I get that some or many individuals personal situation is currently bad, but the overall market? I've actually done as well this year as almost any year I can remember on my mutual funds. Many well over 30% YTD.

If you are nervous about your personal situation, then you probably shouldn't buy. Don't put yourself in a bad situation if you don't have to. But if it's just the overall market making you nervous, why? It's really not that bad.
Sponsored

robbyreneeward

Badlands
First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge truck. Bronco on order.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will not lie, I’m worried as well, but for different reasons somewhat. I’m a restaurant manager for Sonic, and for those who don’t know, our sales as a whole system are up 30%. My individual store is up 50% each month for the last 4-5 months. I’ll make roughly 45% more money personally this year than last. My wife and I will have paid off all debt (no house payment as well) by mid October this year, with a gross income well over 100k a year. Not just because I wanted the new vehicle, but I wanted to get it knocked out. I know personally we can afford a $700 a month car payment, but I wonder how long this bubble i am personally in will last. Even if it stops, we were able to set ourselves up for success in case of a crash, but looks as if this won’t stop for us any time soon. I’m thankful for it. Am I gonna go through with this? Yes, now I’ll have at least 15-16 months to save up a hefty down payment, so we don’t finance as much (my reservation wasn’t placed until yesterday). Good luck to all.

OP
OP
GMan

GMan

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cayenne Porsche
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No car, no object is more important than your peace of mind. If you are this anxious and worried about the economy and whether buying the Bronco is a financially sound decision you should absolutely NOT make the purchase. No harm in waiting. The Bronco is not going anywhere.

Don’t use arguments like you are helping the economy by buying it. Don’t convince yourself to making a decision you might regret.
Excellent advice.

OP
OP
GMan

GMan

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cayenne Porsche
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I will not lie, I’m worried as well, but for different reasons somewhat. I’m a restaurant manager for Sonic, and for those who don’t know, our sales as a whole system are up 30%. My individual store is up 50% each month for the last 4-5 months. I’ll make roughly 45% more money personally this year than last. My wife and I will have paid off all debt (no house payment as well) by mid October this year, with a gross income well over 100k a year. Not just because I wanted the new vehicle, but I wanted to get it knocked out. I know personally we can afford a $700 a month car payment, but I wonder how long this bubble i am personally in will last. Even if it stops, we were able to set ourselves up for success in case of a crash, but looks as if this won’t stop for us any time soon. I’m thankful for it. Am I gonna go through with this? Yes, now I’ll have at least 15-16 months to save up a hefty down payment, so we don’t finance as much (my reservation wasn’t placed until yesterday). Good luck to all.
If your reserve was not placed until yesterday then you will probably have until 2022 to decide. As far as job security, I think working for Sonic is fairly safe since the business model is built for outside service. Almost a perfect model for what has happened, maybe I will buy some of Sonic's stock! Lol

Sponsored

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The last two times I have been to sonic the place has been booming!!! Crazy busy!

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll take the booming economy with it any time over the alternative but let's not soil the forums with political talk.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
GMan

GMan

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cayenne Porsche
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know this is a Bronco page and I don't won't to get into Politics but it's the Federal Reserve that is the problem. It is so complex and overpowering, "due" to the political parties, that it's making me hesitate buying the Bronco. If the Fed would be de-fanged somehow I would not even begun this thread. I would have very little to worry about buying and able to enjoy the new version way more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know this is a Bronco page and I don't won't to get into Politics but it's the Federal Reserve that is the problem. It is so complex and overpowering, "due" to the political parties, that it's making me hesitate buying the Bronco. If the Fed would be de-fanged somehow I would not even begun this thread. I would have very little to worry about buying and able to enjoy the new version way more.
And if the Tooth Fairy wasn’t so stingy, I’d be a billionaire. ?

Sponsored

robbyreneeward

Badlands
First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge truck. Bronco on order.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If your reserve was not placed until yesterday then you will probably have until 2022 to decide. As far as job security, I think working for Sonic is fairly safe since the business model is built for outside service. Almost a perfect model for what has happened, maybe I will buy some of Sonic's stock! Lol
MEANWHILE, BACK AT THE RANCH LOL, I’m ok waiting until then. I’m in no hurry for it. Hell if I knew for sure markups wouldn’t happen on regular stock post-reservation orders I’d wait, but I’m thinking once this thing is on the street everyone will want one. For small town TX, my wife and I have always done ok, but man this year has been a humbled blessing for sure. Been able to do a lot for ourselves long term. Just hoping maybe sonic can keep riding this Current economic train as long as it’ll let us ?

OP
OP
GMan

GMan

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cayenne Porsche
Your Bronco Model