Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Chevrolet Blazer and 2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Importance of OBX / painted flares with AMB -- AMB needs as many painted contours as possible to catch blue pops...See fenders in the OBX below. Imagine if this were AMB. Similar light direction as the AMB photo above. You have a few pops of color, the A pillar, ridge of the hood, and front corner of the fender. Painted flares adds two more pops.
co-four-door-outer-banks-fishing-guide-concept-jpg.jpg
I agree with this. Just can't get the painted flares with the squatch.

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lol, i think it's safe to say that we can't make these decisions until seen in person! It's nice to try and decide now, but I changed my GT350R color like 6 times...I went and saw Lightning Blue in person on a sunny day. SOLD. No going back to the other choices. Was amazing.

I can tell it's very much like BMW Carbon Black and that color was amazing. Granted a little bit gloomy, almost muddy looking on an overcast day (it kinda absorbed the sadness of the day lol), but it made up for it in the low morning/night sun and well, anytime there was sun! haha

I'm between AMB and Cyber Bus Orange. Two very different colors. And shit, lets throw in Velocity Blue too...shit, I guess I don't know what I'm doing...

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just picked up my daughters SUV at the Mazda dealership. Someone mentioned this before but the Deep Crystal Blue Mica on the new Mazdas seems very very close to Antimatter. It is bright and sunny here and it looked black on the sides and dark blue on top, the transition was incredible. Amazing color. If you have a chance drive through a Mazda dealership.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ugh seeing the Bronco shell has me second guessing it now. When will AMB F150s be on lots?

Sponsored

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ugh seeing the Bronco shell has me second guessing it now. When will AMB F150s be on lots?
From a search, at least from me, there isn't anything within 800 miles. Some are on order in Texas.

Chris

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
From a search, at least from me, there isn't anything within 800 miles. Some are on order in Texas.

Chris
I am seeing some on order for Savannah, Owensboro, Orlando, etc. Probably not hitting lots for at least another month. I circled the Orlando one for other members to run recon when it arrives.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
let me know how to track savannah & I'll keep y'all posted
O C Welch Ford - Hardeeville, SC, outside Savannah

If you go on autotrader, you will see their stock #. They have 1 antimatter F150 coming their way.

Not such I could say on "tracking" it. The latest from Ford is it will hit lots in November. So maybe start calling them towards the end of October. Who knows, it may only be on their lot for a day.

And thankfully, it's good that we are doing these autotrader searches NOW. While there are only a handful on autotrader now, it means they will likely arrive first. If we search for AMBs later, theres no telling.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I really like what im seeing so far from Antimatter. Its definitely unique. I love unique. I like the name and what it means and I love how the flake pops blue, green and gold in the sunlight like distant stars glimmering in the night sky. But it is super dark.

The one thing thats making me cautious is dealing with the upkeep. Im super OCD when it comes to swirl markes and scratches. I had a Black Camaro SS that was awesome. After a year the swirl markes and scratches drove me crazy so I sold it. And I washed it the correct way and air dryed it. Still didn't matter.

I tell myself this is different because its an Off Road vehicle and is supposed to have scratches. But at the same time if I can have a paint that hits them better well then that would be better.

This is an even harder decision because Ford didn't give us many color options that I like. If I don't go with Antimatter then I'm going with Velocity Blue. If its not a late availability.

Screenshot_20200924-223151_Photos.jpg
I love the color but this is my worry. Will it show scratches like black?

Sponsored

Aut-Lin

Black Diamond
First Name
Aut-Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2021 F-150 Antimatter Blue in the sun.

Ford Bronco Antimatter Blue Thread 316339_10222627079175924_6853354789933792604_n-
Wow looks so much better as one solid colour, as opposed to the King Ranch we saw with the two-tone colouring.

Cannot wait to actually see this colour in person :love:

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
NICE. Although given the shadows, it seems like the way the sun is positioned, thats almost the most color we will see out it. Not complaining, but just putting that out there.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
thats almost the most color we will see out it.
unless there's a port for a continually rotating laser bank, I think you're right

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
unless there's a port for a continually rotating laser bank, I think you're right
Yup the sun is definitely low in the sky given the length of the shadows. Either early morning or nearing sunset. So side body panels are getting the a lot of direct sun. Mid-day sun will probably get you more pops on the hood and ridgelines. I bet you the other side of that F150 is as black as the F150 next to it.
Sponsored

Last edited: