Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha impressive! But now welcome to the rest of the world. I just dodged this bullet, knowing where we were going next having my chosen dealer be near the next location. But if Ford doesnt help, you might be making a road trip. Its not that bad to put miles on it right away, you'll knock out the break in period at least.
I fought like hell to stay at bragg but branch wasn’t having it. Something about needing diversity and trying to tell me how there is no positions available for airborne warrants but i know that’s not true. It is what it is i know I’ll be back in a few years 🤷🏻‍♂️. I’m driving my wife’s Tacoma pulling a 12’ enclosed trailer and flying the family out there once i get housing figured out. I could always fly back and make a second trip with the bronco once it gets delivered to the dealership but that’s my last option.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I talked to my dealer about trying to set something up and they told me to contact Ford directly. He also said if ford can’t help they would try to play with the numbers so i wasn’t having to pay the destination and delivery fee twice if that makes sense
Um, that's a new one there. You pay only one destination charge no matter where is is shipped. I've never heard of Ford changing someone twice. Plus, I have always thought it was the dealer that set up courtesy delivery to another dealer. I would for sure talk with Ford customer service, because I've got the feeling your dealer has never done a courtesy delivery. It certainly sounds like he doesn't know how to set it up for you.

And, Thank you sir for your service to our country.

OP
OP

Sreevie

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Um, that's a new one there. You pay only one destination charge no matter where is is shipped. I've never heard of Ford changing someone twice. Plus, I have always thought it was the dealer that set up courtesy delivery to another dealer. I would for sure talk with Ford customer service, because I've got the feeling your dealer has never done a courtesy delivery. It certainly sounds like he doesn't know how to set it up for you.

And, Thank you sir for your service to our country.
They won’t be charging me twice but if i have to have it shipped by someone i hire i would be essentially paying 2 delivery fees. The standard Ford destination and delivery fee and then whatever it costs to get a company other than Ford to ship it. Thats why my dealer said they would try and take money off somewhere else so i wouldn’t be paying it twice. Sorry i confused myself trying to explain that 😂

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They won’t be charging me twice but if i have to have it shipped by someone i hire i would be essentially paying 2 delivery fees. The standard Ford destination and delivery fee and then whatever it costs to get a company other than Ford to ship it. Thats why my dealer said they would try and take money off somewhere else so i wouldn’t be paying it twice. Sorry i confused myself trying to explain that 😂
Oh OK, I get it now. It is good to hear they are trying to help you out. Good luck, I hope you get everything set up to your satisfaction.

Sponsored

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I fought like hell to stay at bragg
10 years in and this is your first PCS, give up clinging to the Bragg teet and experience something different. I havent had the fun of JBLM, but its gotta be better than Drum. At the very least the viarety of foods offered in the SeaTac area will be more diverse.
But the Bronco, make sure you get that MF rust proofed. That salt air isnt gonna do you any favors.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks I’ll look into that as well. 10 years in the army and this is my first pcs so I’m slowly figuring everything out.
Id tell you it gets easier but it doesn’t. The more s*** you acquire, the more complicated it gets. Marry a minimalist is the best advice I could give. My wife is the opposite so I’m always at my max HHG weight. Always fun!
Sponsored