Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with above, it has Bronco bolts and will become a cupholder ( I heard Starbucks already had designs submitted..no) garbage bag, gun holster...I'd actually like that. (y)

I don't even know what a dead pedal is....

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
1. There is a dead pedal on the automatic - did not know it and love it because it really helps on long trips
Had one of those on a stick shift Mustang. Kept whacking my ankle. I think it was unbolted and in the trash within 48 hours. Do you recall whether the stick had one?

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with above, it has Bronco bolts and will become a cupholder ( I heard Starbucks already had designs submitted..no) garbage bag, gun holster...I'd actually like that. (y)

Dead pedal is foot rest for your left foot, generally in line with the drivers side tire and can be helpful for lining up your tire lines when approaching obstacles.

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm thinking that center console grab handle mount might be the perfect spot to design a CB mount 🤔

Maybe I should design a 3D printable grab handle/CB mount lol

Sponsored

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dead pedal is foot rest for your left foot, generally in line with the drivers side tire and can be helpful for lining up your tire lines when approaching obstacles.
Need to see a photo.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was thinking a gun holster would be pretty cool too but then again I wouldn’t want someone grabbing the .45 in that oh shit moment because it was the closest handle.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

^^^^^^^^^ I don't think you are doing it right.

Seriously though, if you are off road at speed, some passengers will feel more comfortable holding on, especially given the two point seat belt instead of a five point harness. There is nothing gimmicky about it.
The placement makes it useless for what you describe. The flimsiness makes it a gimmick. You’ve obviously never sat in the bronco. It’s a brilliant accessory point they tossed a grab handle in to start.

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The placement makes it useless for what you describe. The flimsiness makes it a gimmick. You’ve obviously never sat in the bronco. It’s a brilliant accessory point they tossed a grab handle in to start.
True, at KOH I did not feel like getting driven around like a child. So, I've only been ~3' from the handle. If it indeed is flimsy it would surprise me, the whole idea for the IFS is to make it go fast over a rough track. Jeeps and SxS's all have 'oh shit' handles, to be put to use; I have no idea why Ford would go "flimsy" on such a safety device. But, you may be entirely correct.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

True, at KOH I did not feel like getting driven around like a child. So, I've only been ~3' from the handle. If it indeed is flimsy it would surprise me, the whole idea for the IFS is to make it go fast over a rough track. Jeeps and SxS's all have 'oh shit' handles, to be put to use; I have no idea why Ford would go "flimsy" on such a safety device. But, you may be entirely correct.
The handle by the door works fine as an oh shit handle. The one in the console is placed out of reach, and is very flimsy. Hopefully preproduction issue. You should of took the ride, they let you drive once you get out of site of the execs as long as you weren’t filming.

Sponsored

BenB007

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why don’t they have handles above the passenger right shoulder or at least inside the A Pillar? Those are always the ones I use. I never understood the “oh shit” handle placement towards the front of the cab. Pulling my face towards the dashboard (i.e the hardest surface in the cab) would be the last thing I’d ever want to do in a squirrelly situation. I could see pushing off of it more than pulling it. For me, the ones on the ends of the dash are just to help people get in and out. I see no point in the one on the center console other than a great place for accesories.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Why don’t they have handles above the passenger right shoulder or at least inside the A Pillar? Those are always the ones I use. I never understood the “oh shit” handle placement towards the front of the cab. Pulling my face towards the dashboard (i.e the hardest surface in the cab) would be the last thing I’d ever want to do in a squirrelly situation. I could see pushing off of it more than pulling it. For me, the ones on the ends of the dash are just to help people get in and out. I see no point in the one on the center console other than a great place for accesories.
Ya to grab onto both I’m bent over awkwardly to reach them and my face is in the airbag kill zone.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The center grab handle is worthless despite it's well-meaning intent. Unless you are super-short with the seat moved forward or you have arms like an orangutan, it will always be out of reach. I mentioned this months ago in the interior modifications sub-forum where others were looking to add a holster in place of the grab handle.

I'm actually hoping to add a wireless charger (if I don't opt for Lux package) in place of the grab handle.

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
1. SO glad they put one in! I had to do something with my JK about my left foot. It was never comfortable on extended trips but luckily aftermarket took care of it. I'll never go without again.

2. At first glance the middle grab handle looks wonky and out of place but I can tell ya whenever my old man rides shotgun in my Jeep, 2.5" lift and 33's and with his bad knees he's not too flexible to just hop in so he always grabs the center console to leverage himself in. So that grab handle would be a welcomed point of contact for him. I have hoops on the roll bar for passengers to use but that doesn't work for him.

I'm going BaseSquatch which doesn't come with that center grab handle so I'll have to make bolting one of those on my first mod just for Pops.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Funny, I've been so off angle that I've had to reach across and grab the passenger's oh shit handle to stay in the vehicle. I find the handle to be useful where it is for the driver.

To each his own and I know style of off road vary.
Sponsored