EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think the Bronco with IFS will generally best a Wrangler in this sort of higher speed off-roading. But how many people are blasting along at high speed off-road? Nearly all my off-roading in the Colorado Rockies, Moab, and even in Wisconsin and the U.P. Michigan, has been of the slower variety, trails you cannot blast along at high speeds.

For me I'd say the Bronco would give an advantage off-pavement, on washboard dirt roads on the way to off-road trails. My live axle Jeeps are crummy at handling washboard surfaces. I'd probably be getting to the trails faster in a Bronco.

There are enough videos out there now though, showing Bronco or Wrangler will get most people where they want to go off-road. They are both very capable vehicles. If someone is unable to have fun in either, they are doing it wrong.
All three do well on trails so that's a nonissue to me, op might have different thoughts?

Getting to the trail is where they differ and handling on the hwy is going to be what separates them.
- Which one is the quietest?
- Which one cruises at 75-80 mph without making you tired of driving?
- etc.

That sort of thing?
Sponsored

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks a ton to Bronco6G member Paul - @hollapm - for repping Bronco owners in our Bronco v Wrangler v 4Runner video. He really made a great case for the rig and kind of stole the show...

Sick. I Live in LA. I want to hang.

rk105rider

Base
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harleys, Subaru Forester, Dodge Ram Van
Your Bronco Model
Base
TN is a long way from CA but if you make the drive let me know and we can hit the trails.
Thanks or the offer! Still waiting for mine to be built…a 2 Door Base Squatch…. But, I’ll be out in the Desert, once I get it…

OP
OP
SCORCH

SCORCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping for a Rig
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If someone is unable to have fun in either, they are doing it wrong.
That was my takeaway too. All the rigs would be a blast to have and drive. This video was definitely more high speed overlanding. We are taking them out for something a little tougher for our next video.

OP
OP
SCORCH

SCORCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping for a Rig
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
All three do well on trails so that's a nonissue to me, op might have different thoughts?

Getting to the trail is where they differ and handling on the hwy is going to be what separates them.
- Which one is the quietest?
- Which one cruises at 75-80 mph without making you tired of driving?
- etc.

That sort of thing?
The Bronco was surprisingly quiet and smooth at all speeds. It was a real eye-opener. I also thought the width would be an issue on some of the overgrown parts of the trail but that was not the case. The width might come into play in some of the rock gardens that are common across SoCal.

Sponsored

MUDLVR

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I own a 4Runner now and owned a Rubicon before and had an FJ Cruiser for 8years. The factors that sold me on the Bronco mainly relate to the modern technical off-road aspects as well as the powerful engine, and the Fun factor.

The 4Runner fully loaded only came with a rear locker and Toyota's version of GOAT modes. I had to install 4.88 gears, front locker, can only fit 33s without major cutting, had to get an aftermarket tire carrier to hold the full size spare because the 4R only has room for a small spare under the vehicle, there's no sway bar disconnect so I had to completely take my sway bar off, had to purchase steel bumpers, there's absolutely no option for a heated steering wheel (needed here in Colorado), no 360 degree camera's, and the engine is incredibly weak (had to buy a Pedal Commander).

Upside is that it has never had any engine or any other issues. The reliability of the 4R and FJ are definitely top notch.

Ford Bronco Bronco6G Member takes on a Wrangler and Two 4Runners in SCORCH video Screenshot 2021-06-11 190045
Sponsored