Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The "one man" top removal system I used with my Wrangler:
Harken Hoister

Hangs from the ceiling in the garage, has a locking mechanism to keep it up in the air so its easy to back in and drop the top back on. Loved it and plan on using it with the Bronco (anyone know the weight of the hardtop w/o panels compared to the wrangler top?)

And no, you don't have to take it that far above the vehicle as seen in the video. LOL

As for covering up the back, I wish there was a better solution for a cargo-area tonneau cover like the Bestop one I had for my Jeep as it didn't use straps on the door. It used a 'tailgate bar' so the door remained usable.

And yes, I agree.. Fords have a lot of chimes. I know some can be tinkered with in ForScan on my Mustang since I turned some off there, but not sure how the Bronco stands up to that. Will be worth checking out once mine gets here.
Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The nanny chime for the seat belts is one of my huge pet peeves in cars. My Nissan Xterra is great. Doesn't have one. My Challenger is okay. It won't chime for quite a while. Our Mazda and Hyundai and (previous) Toyota are a pain in the ass. Chime almost immediately if you start moving the car. We shouldn't need that level of assistance. If we die in our driveway then that's on us.
On the jeep, there’s a way to turn it off. Other vehicles might have something similar. Jeep protocol:

1. turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, and buckle your seat belt while sitting in the drivers seat.

2. turn the ignition key to the ACCESSORY/RUN position (engine does not need to be running), and wait for the seat belt warning light to turn off.

3. unbuckle and then re-buckle your seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with theseat belt buckled. then start the jeep. (i don't know if starting is necessary, but i did it)

4. turn the ignition key to the OFF position. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

MikTheViking

Badlands
First Name
Mikkel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if he thought about just buckling the back seat belts to stop them from flopping around?
A Jeeper here. There’s a simple and discreet method I used to keep my rear seatbelts quiet, but easily used quickly. I used 2 (one for each) seatbelt shoulder “pads”. They can easily wrap around the belt and attaches to itself with Velcro. If anyone was going to sit back there, then we’d just unvelcro, and either wrap back around only one part or just tuck it into the back pocket of the front seats. Not sure if we will see an issue with the front belts, but in my Jeep, I can even experience the belt flutter where the belt travels down along the B pillar in between the seat and pillar. That flutter I was never able to figure out how to stop it.

AP_2004

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3, IS250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wonder if he thought about just buckling the back seat belts to stop them from flopping around?
There’s a forum member who tried that and stated it didn’t really help.

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another interesting fact is when the doors are off, the driver's seatbelt MUST be buckled.

Do Jeeps do the same thing? Or is this a new feature?

Sponsored

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love videos like this, not goofy kids or guys pointing out the same "Easter Eggs" in the gas door that we all know about!

Other Bronco YouTubers take note, Pickup Truck + Suv Talk guy is doing it right!

Thanks man!

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

23 minutes for ten bullets? Pull your finger out of your ass. You're not that interesting.
That's what the playback speed option is for...2x for any video like this lol

Sponsored

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Excellent review. Excited that he gave a thumbs up to all the features that are really important.

Agree completely on the "look" of the engine bay. It should be something to show off, instead its just a mess of wires, hoses, connectors.

Rear roof lift just need a hoist/sling in the garage. I've already started planning mine.

Rear seat belt issue is something almost all 4 door reviews have consistently mentioned... releasable zip tie maybe??? I plan on a Goose Gear delete as I will use the vehicle as an overlander. I imagine I could secure or remove the belts if its still a noise/rattle issue once the delete package is installed.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Another interesting fact is when the doors are off, the driver's seatbelt MUST be buckled.

Do Jeeps do the same thing? Or is this a new feature?
What happens if it's not buckled? Just a chime keeps sounding, or something else?

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra; 2020 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am loaning my FE the first or second week to a youtuber if he chooses..Some people can not get access to this vehicle and as a community we should help each other out...so he is coming into town and we will switch vehicles and god bless him...what is great about community, is we have each others back...interesting concept many do not understand today!
I don't want to come off snarky... but, I've been awake for about 19hrs so far and I'm finishing work to start my weekend..... starting off: Please, you come across arrogant and condescending talking about community and helping each other out.... I gladly gave 27.5 years of my life to the military so don't tell me about community and helping each other out. I'd give the shirt off my back to help someone deserving out (not everyone is deserving). As far as vehicles go.... um yea pretty much anybody can get access to this vehicle - oh wait... Europeans can't Ford said they won't sell the Bronco there... the base model is $30k and believe me - every Tom, Dick, Harry, Jane, Jennifer, Sandra etc.... has access to you tube, tic tok, or whatever else stupid social media platforms are out there...
(deep breath) - I wish you well, enjoy your FE bronco. Cheers

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've mentioned to you in the past that it won't be easy. Keep in mind the weight difference on the doors of the 2-dr vs. 4-dr, there will be an additional 10 lbs (4-dr front weighs 60 lbs.). Also note that the height of the Sasquatch causes the buyer to lift the door even with their shoulders (avg. height individual). Lifting 70 lbs from the ground to the waist isn't a problem as the lower back and leg muscles are used to leverage the lift. But carrying through the lift to the shoulder height is much more difficult as you are relying on the shoulders and upper back muscles. There is a reason why Ford has not shown the 2-dr door removal.
I’m going thrift shopping for an old barstool. That did the trick with my JK. Looks like it be my saving Grace on the bronco too!!

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don't want to come off snarky... but, I've been awake for about 19hrs so far and I'm finishing work to start my weekend..... starting off: Please, you come across arrogant and condescending talking about community and helping each other out.... I gladly gave 27.5 years of my life to the military so don't tell me about community and helping each other out. I'd give the shirt off my back to help someone deserving out (not everyone is deserving). As far as vehicles go.... um yea pretty much anybody can get access to this vehicle - oh wait... Europeans can't Ford said they won't sell the Bronco there... the base model is $30k and believe me - every Tom, Dick, Harry, Jane, Jennifer, Sandra etc.... has access to you tube, tic tok, or whatever else stupid social media platforms are out there...
(deep breath) - I wish you well, enjoy your FE bronco. Cheers
LOL, you don't want to come off as snarky and I sound arrogant because I spoke of community and you feel you can one up me because you we're military...LOL you are now the judge of who is and who is not deserving?.. who is arrogant again dude? Thank you for your service. SEMFER FI!

The military I was involved in would slap the shit out of you for crying so much! or were you in the Navy?

God Bless you and yours!
Sponsored

Last edited: