Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was an AMAZING day for a drive yesterday - I led a small drive back up to where my wife and I went last weekend, leading a couple newer Bronco owners (one Sport, and one Big Bend) on a VERY mellow trail to help them get their first off road experience and feel a little more comfortable with getting off the pavement.

This group I belong to and co-administer (Gold Country Broncos in Northern CA) is comprised of a variety of people, from people who have never been off pavement, to people who have been rock crawling and off-roading for decades... we've got some Bronco Sports, we've got classics, and everything in between. Not everyone is into hardcore off-roading, and bouncing the frame off of boulders (definitely not my cup of tea, with my neck issues).

I really enjoy helping these new off-roaders get their 'first dirt' and see what off-roading is really about - getting out in nature and enjoying the road less traveled. It was great to be able to put the top down and enjoy all the fresh air today! Seeing them gain some confidence, explore the outdoors, learn some basics about radio communications, etc, is truly rewarding.

The Broncos have created new communities of enthusiasts and it's a blast to be part of it! and of course, anyone who goes on a drive with me ends up with photos too ...

Ford Bronco One of the great things about being a Bronco owner isn't really even the Bronco itself.... but other owners and the community! DJI_0057-Edit
Ford Bronco One of the great things about being a Bronco owner isn't really even the Bronco itself.... but other owners and the community! DJI_0063-Edit
Ford Bronco One of the great things about being a Bronco owner isn't really even the Bronco itself.... but other owners and the community! DJI_0070
Ford Bronco One of the great things about being a Bronco owner isn't really even the Bronco itself.... but other owners and the community! MJB04790
Ford Bronco One of the great things about being a Bronco owner isn't really even the Bronco itself.... but other owners and the community! MJB04832
Ford Bronco One of the great things about being a Bronco owner isn't really even the Bronco itself.... but other owners and the community! MJB04857
Ford Bronco One of the great things about being a Bronco owner isn't really even the Bronco itself.... but other owners and the community! MJB04886
Ford Bronco One of the great things about being a Bronco owner isn't really even the Bronco itself.... but other owners and the community! MJB04916
Ford Bronco One of the great things about being a Bronco owner isn't really even the Bronco itself.... but other owners and the community! MJB04960
Ford Bronco One of the great things about being a Bronco owner isn't really even the Bronco itself.... but other owners and the community! PANO0001-Pano
Ford Bronco One of the great things about being a Bronco owner isn't really even the Bronco itself.... but other owners and the community! PANO0020-5-Pano
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome write up and pics! Thatā€˜s what itā€™s all about. :)

Nature if beautiful no mattter where you live, but most never know until they get out in it and experience it.

Great to see you leading a group and hopefully itā€™ll inspire others to try something similar. Iā€™m thinking of leading a few excursions down here in Georgia myself.

Good times! šŸ»

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It was an AMAZING day for a drive yesterday - I led a small drive back up to where my wife and I went last weekend, leading a couple newer Bronco owners (one Sport, and one Big Bend) on a VERY mellow trail to help them get their first off road experience and feel a little more comfortable with getting off the pavement.

This group I belong to and co-administer (Gold Country Broncos in Northern CA) is comprised of a variety of people, from people who have never been off pavement, to people who have been rock crawling and off-roading for decades... we've got some Bronco Sports, we've got classics, and everything in between. Not everyone is into hardcore off-roading, and bouncing the frame off of boulders (definitely not my cup of tea, with my neck issues).

I really enjoy helping these new off-roaders get their 'first dirt' and see what off-roading is really about - getting out in nature and enjoying the road less traveled. It was great to be able to put the top down and enjoy all the fresh air today! Seeing them gain some confidence, explore the outdoors, learn some basics about radio communications, etc, is truly rewarding.

The Broncos have created new communities of enthusiasts and it's a blast to be part of it! and of course, anyone who goes on a drive with me ends up with photos too ...

Ford Bronco One of the great things about being a Bronco owner isn't really even the Bronco itself.... but other owners and the community! PANO0020-5-Pano
Amazing pictures! Sounds like an amazing time. Experiencing it for yourself is great but reliving it through fresh eyes feels just as nice. Glad to hear you're making the best of the bronco and showing others too!

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We are looking forward to our 2nd Annual get-together this weekend. I agree, itā€™s the mutual admiration for this awesome truck that brings out good people to share what theyā€™ve done and offer help to others who want to see how to do various upgrades. Good folks, good times. Great pix.

SassieGuido

Badlands
First Name
Ronda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Volvo V70, 1997 Toyota Tacoma, 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't wait to get my Bronco and join the group. Just a quick trip up I80/50 for me. I'm a total noob, and you guys sound super helpful. That trip looks awesome, just the kind of thing I'd love.

Sponsored

sklnbnzaz

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are spot on here! We do a number of group runs here in Arizona for everything from newbies who are scared to death of both their new rig, and going off road to more challenging intermediate runs. Love meeting new friends and helping people learn their rig, learn about trail riding and trail etiquette, recovery and safety. It is also amazing to see someone who was terrified about a small obstacle grow in their confidence over time.

So many folks really want to get off road but don't know where to start and don't know what a great community you can develop.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly itā€™s not even the truck. Itā€™s really the off-road community, doesnā€™t matter What you drive.
I agree with this. There are always the bad apple pariahs like any other hobby, but generally speaking, people are just happy to engage with other people who also enjoy their hobby. I do see Bronco 6G owners swarming to other Bronco 6G owners to 1) see what accessories they've installed and 2) commiserate about Ford's ineptitude.

I've liked to see how others tetris their gear.

CA groups have the benefit of AMAZING locations especially compared to Illinois. So they get outstanding photos like the above.

50 and Fabulous

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 door, 2022 Transit Connect
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Awesome stuff! We included Bronco Sports in our last meet also!

Sponsored

Doomz

Black Diamond
First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW 428i, 2021 Black Diamond CG
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow looks gorgeous. I dont live too far from Gold Country at all can you drop details about the name of your trail or this route? Thanks

sklnbnzaz

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly itā€™s not even the truck. Itā€™s really the off-road community, doesnā€™t matter What you drive.
Agreed and how you participate in it. On a handful of runs, we (as a collective group) have pulled people out of jambs, and even last weekend winched a rolled side by side back on all 4 wheels. The community and help is a great thing. (Trust me, while thankful, many don't like that they had to be recovered by a Bronco!)

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've given and gotten several cools hands from other owners recently, can't wait to take off the roof and doors!

OP
OP

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't wait to get my Bronco and join the group. Just a quick trip up I80/50 for me. I'm a total noob, and you guys sound super helpful. That trip looks awesome, just the kind of thing I'd love.
Would love to have you join! I specifically enjoy the mellow trails and taking new people out. Join us in our Facebook group!

OP
OP

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice! I wish there was something like this in SoCal...
You guys have all the cool desert to explore!!!
Sponsored