Sponsored

Jeep owners - why are you excited about the new Bronco?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went looking for a pic of the Bronco 2-door with a soft top, but haven't found one. Lots of 4-door examples. Is the 2-door going to allow for a soft-top? I'm sure it will come aftermarket eventually. But I was hoping Ford would offer it for the 2-doors from the beginning.
There is no soft top for 2-door as of yet. Hard top is standard on the 2-door, while the 4-door gets a soft top standard.

Are any Jeep owners excited about the soft top option? I rarely see them, like almost never. Pretty sure I wouldnā€™t want one, but if there is a big upside letā€™s hear it.
Upsides: You don't need friends to remove or put on the top. Easier to open the "sun roof." Easily removable windows.
Sponsored

FastM400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator L, Wrangler JKU, Noble M400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I bleed Ford Blue, so while I like the Jeep, I have always wanted a Bronco, now its possible.

Anybody enjoy driving their Jeep up i-75 going 85 mph so you dont get run over? Didnt think so. Im hoping the Bronco will have better on road characteristics.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is no soft top for 2-door as of yet. Hard top is standard on the 2-door, while the 4-door gets a soft top standard.
Thanks. That's what I have been thinking, and I know it's on the ride-along question list. But I keep hoping it shows up in a prototype at some point. Seems like a no-brainer down the road.

There is mention in the early version of the options codes of Bimini, bikini, canvas and mesh tops, but they don't specify if for the 2- or 4-door. Gives me a teeny bit of hope for launch...

ABAAP Top - First Row Soft Top Conversion for Hard Tops
ABAAQ Top - Mesh Shade Top
ABAAR Top - Bimini Soft Top
ABAAS Top - Bimini Soft Top and Canvas Soft Top
ABAAT Top - Bimini Soft Top and Mesh Shade Top
ABAAU Top - Canvas Soft Top and Mesh Shade Top
ABAAV Top - Bimini Soft Top, Canvas Soft Top and Mesh Shade Top

mismith

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜16 Jeep JKU, 1992 Jeep YJ, ā€˜71 F100, ā€˜02 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are any Jeep owners excited about the soft top option? I rarely see them, like almost never. Pretty sure I wouldnā€™t want one, but if there is a big upside letā€™s hear it.

It's the only reason I will trade my Jeep in on one. And if there's No soft op for the 2 door then I will not be trading in. I'll wait until it's available.

I've had dual tops for all my Jeeps though the years. The hard tops just sit in the basement collecting dust. I never use them. I'm the guy that couldn't care less about a hard top. Everyone is different though. I can see the need for a hard top once in a while. I would probably buy both IF a Dual top option is offered?

People get scared of soft tops because of the reputation or past experiences using them on Jeeps. Yes, a plain old cheap vinyl soft top on a Jeep is very noisy, cold/hot.

But....Let me tell you, Bestop knocked it out of the park with the Premium Twill soft top offered by Jeep. I bought a new 2016 JKU and we got the Dual top option with the Premium Twill upgrade soft top. My wife was skeptical as she hated riding in a Jeep with the soft top up because of the noise. This Premium Twill top is absolutely 100% quiet. I'm talking Zero noise even at highway speeds. I notice No difference in temps between it and the hard top.

It truly is an amazing material and that's why I really hope Ford pays attention on this. Ford, please work with Bestop and offer a Premium Twill version of the soft top. People will love you for it!

I love the new Bronco! I've always been a fan of the original version. I'm sick of 4 door Jeeps and I hate the full frame doors on 2 and 4 door Jeeps! Thank you Ford for making the doors frameless on the new Bronco!

ericmario

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've never owned a Jeep before but I was in the market for one until I found out the Bronco was coming back a few years ago. I've always liked the older Bronco's so this is my driving reason to get one, BUT I will say that the longer I wait, the higher the odds for me to get my money back and keep my stang for a few more years before switching over (I hate waiting, for one, and two my lease is done in Feb so timing for "Bronco delivery doesn't exactly line up)

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

People get scared of soft tops because of the reputation or past experiences using them on Jeeps. Yes, a plain old cheap vinyl soft top on a Jeep is very noisy, cold/hot.
I'm actually just one of those people that doesn't care for the look of the soft top. Hell I don't like the look of convertibles either when the top is up.

But I will say this, depending on which Bronco I go for, the soft top will not be the deciding factor. As long as I have the V6 I'm good, if the price doesn't work out to go to hardtop (on the 4 door), then I'll stick with the soft top.

Edit: I will add this, the wife's 1st Jeep (2011 JK) had a soft top. It was a little bit noisier than her current ('17 JKU w/hardtop). But I never thought the noise was all that bad. And both of us do prefer the look of the hardtop.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
It really resembles a modern first Gen Bronco- which I loved and had two of them- a 70 and a 71- which is before I migrated to Jeeps CJ's and Wranglers. The first Gen Broncos were hard core 4 wheelers in their day. I also love that the new Bronco is being built to compete with the Wrangler and as a capable 4 wheeler.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bleed Ford Blue, so while I like the Jeep, I have always wanted a Bronco, now its possible.

Anybody enjoy driving their Jeep up i-75 going 85 mph so you dont get run over? Didnt think so. Im hoping the Bronco will have better on road characteristics.
It'll make power easily at the very least, did 311whp on my old Mustang without touching the exhaust, probably 330+whp with full exhaust, or downpipe at the very least

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm making the switch primarily because I am just sick of fixing things on my Jeep and chalking it up to "it's a Jeep thing."

I have loved every moment driving my Jeep, but always hated when the little things went bad and I haven't seen this on any of the Ford products my family or I have owned.

I was a little bummed with the lack of solid front axle, but I got over it quickly after seeing the promo videos and I really don't need it for how little I go off road anymore. I plan to keep the Bronco for a LONG time if it's a success. If it didn't work out the way I wanted I already planned to buy a new JL Rubicon.

I have also always been a Ford guy and I am looking forward to what will hopefully be similar on road power and handling to an F-150.

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any current or prior Jeep (lets be specific - wrangler) owners, what are you excited about with the new Bronco? I love the Wrangler but Iā€™m allowed to like other vehicles right?

Iā€™m excited about the following:
- excited to drive the IFS, seems competent off road from the vids so far and will be a lot better on road
- no death wobble concern (although Iā€™ve never had it in my jeeps)
- 35s and coil-overs from the factory
- hydraulic sway bar disconnect can be done under load
- love that the doors and roof panels fit in the back
- 12 inch screen (wife said ā€œgotta have the 12 inchā€ then she realized what she said)
- I have always liked Ford vehicles and love the Bronco history (used to own a Bronco II)
- Love the look and feel of the Bronco

What else are Jeep owners excited about?
I had a 2012 JK 2 Door Sahara for a few years. I was chuckling at your list you put here because:

1. I would prefer the IFS too, although I never had much issue with the SFA in my Sahara.
2. Same on death wobble. Never happened in y Jeep, but it has happened to me in flatbed Ford F350 and the first time it ever happens to you it's terrifying. LOL.
3. 35s from the factory was a big deal to me, but now I'm thinking I'll probably just run 33s..
4. Hydraulic sway bar is awesome but not sure I'll ever use it.
5. Doors and panels in the back is cool but I know I'll never use that since I will just leave them in my shed.
6. 12 inch screen is awesome, but the base 8 inch is bigger than the one in my 2011 Grand Cherokee now.
7. I grew up with nothing but Ford pickup trucks and agree...
8. Look and feel of the Bronco is the main thing for me.

I'm laughing because so many of your reasons were my reasons too but the more I've thought about things the more I'm like "Yeah, you just WANT a Bronco. None of these reasons are really, you know... reasons to be excited, because you'll likely never use any of this..." LOL

Sponsored

JT1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll bite. Compared to a 2 door Wrangler, you get a 50/50 split rear seat to maximize what you can carry back there. Also, enough room from the seat back to the tailgate to put a hard cooler. Factory Bronco gearing kills jeeps. An engine that makes torque is nice to have too. Standard LED headlights is a giant win, and not having to spend $1000 to get rid of the lame 5" screen in the jeeps is a bonus.

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
- love that the doors and roof panels fit in the back
Need to correct you on one thing here. The doors fit in the back on the 4-door model only and the roof panels DO NOT store onboard.

Or how about we give Chevy a good ribbing for reviving the Blazer name plate...
Not sure how anyone could have signed off on that. What a wasted name plate. Chevy could have done something great here.

Musicalfisherman

Badlands
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've got a 98 TJ with the 4.6 Stroker motor. It's my daily driver and I absolutely love it. Having teenage kids at home access to the rear seat is a pain when the top is on. I was planning on getting a JKU and building it up how I wanted. But then the Bronco came out - and I can get what I wanted and more in the Bronco and I don't have the headaches of building up a rig.

A lot of why I'm excited about the Bronco has already been mentioned, but here I go:
- The powertrain - the 2.3 & 2.7 ecoboost and 10 speed transmission - in my opinion are superior to Jeep.
- IFS - I do 95% highway / around town and 5% trails, so I'd love a smoother ride
- Mirrors stay fastened to the car - if you've owned a TJ you'll understand, it can be a headache
- Marine grade vinyl seats - Love it! My top and doors are off 6+ months of the year.
- Rubberized floor with drains - Love it!
- Roof panels can be removed by 1 person - hope this is true. Pulling off my hard top can get old.
- Doors are 1/2 doors - will make storing so much easier!
- Doors can be stored in the back - this is a game changer. There are times when I'll leave my top and doors on because I want to lock the Jeep up at my destination. With the doors stored in the back I can enjoy the open air on the way, and then still lock things back up.

The 8" screen, LED lights....there's so much more. But the fact that it will be new and unique (for a year or two anyway) is also a fun factor.

Looking forward to getting mine next summer!

Runningwaters

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
No bar blocking the open top view.

Doors are basically half-doors.

Can store doors on-board.

Better ride quality (IFS).

Is capable of high speed off-roading at all (also IFS).

Looks significantly better inside and out IMO.

Tiny details are better though out (i.e. brackets on top of windshield, loops on hood, etc.)

Can fit bigger tires stock.

The 10 speed auto.

Marine grade vinyl.

Rubberized flooring.

12ā€ screen.

Better approach and departure angles.

And just has an overall more fun vibe to it. Itā€™s fresh, cool, and fun.

Runningwaters

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
For those of you that have Jeeps and are making the switch, why are you making the switch / what issues did you have with your previous vehicles?

Still exploring all options when $$ is involved. Curious to hear cons of why any of us newbies should not look at a Jeep.
Aside from the generally better specs, Wranglers are extremely bumpy. Overall an unpleasant ride while the Bronco has a smoother suspension (IFS).

The open top experience is also much less limiting on the Bronco.

The Bronco also seems to have more options that may appeal to a lot of buyers as compared to the Wrangler.

On top of that, itā€™s new and seemingly more attractive and desirable to many people.
Sponsored