Sponsored

Jeep owners - why are you excited about the new Bronco?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
As a 4x4 fan, I'm excited to finally have another open top rugged 4x4 in the USA. It's only taken Ford 43 years. Plus another 2 more years maybe? Which is ridiculous.

Thank god for Jeep and all the fun times myself, friends and family have had with CJs and Wranglers while Ford has been MIA. Ford's biggest fail for me is time.

But on the positive side, here are the items I like on the new Bronco in no particular order:
1) Overall Ford came through with a legit successor to the EB, with removalble top, doors and style. Kudos to Ford! This is no Blazer.
2) Liking the body style. One thing I've never cared for on the JK/JL is the way the front fenders are not integrated into the body like the older TJ/YJ/CJ. The new Bronco seems put together.
3) As a Land Rover guy, I feel like the new Bronco is kind of what the new Defender should have been.
4) Liking the 30k price of the base 2 door model with manual transmission and hardtop. I could have fun with that.
5) Crawler gear on the manual trans sounds very interesting, looking forward to seeing more on how it was implemented and usage.

Back to the time thing. I just bought a nice used sports car. Myself and teenage sons having a blast with it. I would have bought a new Bronco - if it were offered now. Two years from now? A lot can happen.

In my view, too many people act like they will live forever and discount the cost of waiting around for things. Time has value - a lot of value. So come on Ford get your act together and provide a real Bronco for real live people to finally drive!
Sponsored

Palerider

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

late model wranglers dance and dart over uneven roads. abysmal 3.8L motor had difficulty moving the 2008 doka 4d with 35s, until the 3.6L, too expensive, yet cheaply constructed, generally poor quality, mothership doesn't cater well to its customers, dealers have little idea how to fix them. no female associated with me wants to drive them they ride so rough. color selection yikes and still is an issue to this day; had to pick yellow for my 2008 rubicon i ordered. yet...in spite of the above; have owned at least 6 of these buggers since 2008. if the jeep pickup hadn't come out, and if the bronco hadn't come out; yep...would have bought another one. the pickup is better in every respect. the 3.6 has no issue moving the 37s. 15-16mpg. keeping this one till the end of time...

IMG_6963.jpg

IMG_6958.jpg

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Im excited about the bronco we will soon have both brands in our stable.
Remember though the jeep went to war .

pat86323

Badlands
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco xlt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Disclaimer, I am not, never have been, and likely never will be a jeep person. One of the things that I think jeep enthusiasts should be excited about is competition. Jeep has remained largely the same for a very very long time. Competition breeds innovation. Something tells me the 2024 wrangler will be a bad sonofa

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
1. My 1991 Cherokee, while extremely capable off-road, is now a little worse for wear after 30 years of abuse, and kinda sucks to drive more than a few hours from home. The Bronco ought to be just as good offroad, while still offering a good on-road experience, and reliability to head to the other side of the continent to go wheeling when I want to.
2. My 2017 Tacoma, while totally reliable, and very capable off-road, has a NA 4 banger, and tends to lose speed on the interstate with 33" tires and a couple of dirtbikes in the back or on a trailer.
I love this truck, but the Bronco offers more than 100hp over the (2.7L NA) Taco, even on the base model 2.3l. That should be plenty.
3. I was planning to spend about $12k on the Taco to make it better offroad, and regear it to handle the 33's a little better, but the difference in price between the Taco and the Bronco is close enough that I can sell the Taco, and get all the things I want on the Bronco from the factory, and be a few thousand dollars ahead. (The $12k Taco build included King Coilovers, Marlin Crawler Tcase doubler, 5.13 gears, and ARB's. The Bronco covers most of this, except the Kings)
The only thing killing me now is that I have a buyer for the Taco now, and the Bronco may be up to 2 years out, leaving me to DD the old XJ. I'm gonna have to get some little shitbox car to get around, or spend a lot more time on my motorcycle, lol.

Sponsored

GeekfromHell

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A little bit... it's good to have some competition.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It wasnt the bronco though?

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We bought our first Wrangler one year ago after wanting one for years. At first I though I would trade the Jeep for a 4 door Bronco OB 4 door when they become available to order through the dealer. Like the Jeep I have always wanted a Bronco, however one just didn't fit our needs at the time. But I really enjoy the Jeep, and have now tweaked those plans. As of now (and of course that could change) my plans are to sell my project '92 Toyota pick-up with less than 100K miles on the odo, and buy a 2 door Bronco BB to play with. I wanted a 2 door Jeep, but we needed/need at least one 4 door vehicle. So, I can fill my want for a 2 door with a Bronco.

Have mercy I'm so wishy washy. Help me out here Ford, and get some Bronco's on the lots. :)

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford Bronco Jeep owners - why are you excited about the new Bronco? IMG_8201.JPG

On my third Wrangler and both my kids currently drive one so I am a big fan. I love my current set-up and get alot of good feedback on the look I went for. That said, Bronco is iconic too and has been gone for so long. If the Bronco never left, I probably would have had one or maybe two less Jeeps in our family. So for me it's about trying something new that I have always thought was every bit as cool as a Jeep.

Sponsored

Wveddy

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU with LS, 79 F100, 73 Cuda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any current or prior Jeep (lets be specific - wrangler) owners, what are you excited about with the new Bronco? I love the Wrangler but I’m allowed to like other vehicles right?

I’m excited about the following:
- excited to drive the IFS, seems competent off road from the vids so far and will be a lot better on road
- no death wobble concern (although I’ve never had it in my jeeps)
- 35s and coil-overs from the factory
- hydraulic sway bar disconnect can be done under load
- love that the doors and roof panels fit in the back
- 12 inch screen (wife said “gotta have the 12 inch” then she realized what she said)
- I have always liked Ford vehicles and love the Bronco history (used to own a Bronco II)
- Love the look and feel of the Bronco

What else are Jeep owners excited about?
Agree with about everything above. Its more nostalgic for me too, as i owned a 68 Bronco- yes i know i never should have sold it. But i am not selling my Wrangler until I actually get the Bronco and drive it. It really can’t drive worse than my wrangler, I hope. Drivability is a big one for me. Handling is one aspect of that, power is another. My Wrangler is LS swapped, so even the 2.7 is a power drop for me. 2.7 Manual is not happening, which totally sucks. But hoping the 2.7 10sp combo works really well in the bronco. Once i get it, I’ll decide which one gets sold.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Agree with about everything above. Its more nostalgic for me too, as i owned a 68 Bronco- yes i know i never should have sold it. But i am not selling my Wrangler until I actually get the Bronco and drive it. It really can’t drive worse than my wrangler, I hope. Drivability is a big one for me. Handling is one aspect of that, power is another. My Wrangler is LS swapped, so even the 2.7 is a power drop for me. 2.7 Manual is not happening, which totally sucks. But hoping the 2.7 10sp combo works really well in the bronco. Once i get it, I’ll decide which one gets sold.
@Wveddy Martin, I think all Jeep owners, if they are honest with themselves, would say the same thing. I do enjoy my Jeep, and it drives fairly well compared to the other few I have driven. But, that dead spot at the top of the steering is something that one has to get used too. We took ours on a 5K+ road trip last year, and by the time we were 1K into the trip I didn't even notice the play in the wheel. But, it would sure be nice if it wasn't there, especially at highway speeds. :)

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have owned 2 Wranglers and one 1980s restored CJ7. I liked the Jeeps - had the wobble with one though. I am going with the Bronco mainly for the new look. I see lots of Wranglers now so something unique. I do appreciate the “fixes” with the Bronco - no risk of wobble and the doors/mirrors. If you have never had the wobble happen to you at 50 mph on a highway it’s tough to describe - so not having the risk is significant. Also. I am thinking taking the Bronco doors on and off will be easier.

Not trashing Jeeps though. My son drives a Wrangler now and my wife has a Grand Cherokee.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think jeep owners are excited for the new bronco because many got winches for christmas and are dying to use them pulling broncos out of stuff.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think jeep owners are excited for the new bronco because many got winches for christmas and are dying to use them pulling broncos out of stuff.
Damnit, I should have thought of that. But nooooooo, I had to have a bumper hitch for my truck. Just my luck, always sucking the hind tit...........
Sponsored