Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What’s the Cup holders comment?
Lack of ? Or won't hold a gallon Slurpy.

Could be worse, Could be pullout holders out of arm's reach from driver as in 2008 BMW 5 series.

Get the fold down rear armrest (4 dr) and cup holder count doubles from 2 to 4
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've owned 4 convertibles. I have two in the fleet at the moment. One was a Wrangler YJ. All of them got the driver wet when opening the door. It is difficult to create an effective rain gutter in a fabric convertible top.
However, when by design the gutter at the front of the front doors is lower than the rest of the gutter by a half inch - where is the water going to run? Not out the back for certain. If the gutter were straight from front to back iot might different

OP
OP
4runner

4runner

Outer Banks
First Name
4runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Comments are really funny, I guess people here don't know the difference between quality and junk, as evidenced re the Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel, I mean I'm not going to waste my breath. Trailer Trash cush wheel is not the issue here folks ... lets be absolutely real this is a real problem on the car !

OP
OP
4runner

4runner

Outer Banks
First Name
4runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This. Expectations vs Reality are setting in for Bronco purchasers.
difficult not impossible if you want to do something you will and can, there is just not much of an impetus I guess

OP
OP
4runner

4runner

Outer Banks
First Name
4runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don’t know what your Bronco looks like but mine has none of the problems you listed as “horrifying”, although “horrifying” is a bit dramatic even if your Bronco suffers these. The only thing I have had to take it back to my dealer for was the hood alignment….. It sat a bit low. They fixed it while I waited and off I went.
Maybe I hit the proverbial Bronco lottery, but I suspect I am not the only one.
Horrifying because American Car design still suffers/lingers with trailer park remnants from the 80's come on graduate !

Sponsored
OP
OP
4runner

4runner

Outer Banks
First Name
4runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't understand all the crying about hood struts. I have 27k miles on my 2020 Honda Passport, I'd guess I've had to open the hood 10 times at max and boy have a cursed that hood prop 🙄

You can't grab the handle next to the steering wheel that was placed in the vehicle to assist with getting in? 🤷🏻‍♂️

The antenna has been covered ad nauseam ... where would a fin antenna go anyways? 🤔

Yet another buyer that would have been happier in a 4Runner or Outback.
I guess you just don't understand or you have never seen a 4runner

OP
OP
4runner

4runner

Outer Banks
First Name
4runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree with some of your points:

The soft top is convenient as a convertible but terrible overall. It looks bad, the windows are wavey, the fabric doesn't look taught enough. The rear access is a joke. The one plus is that it gives you that open air feel in about 10 seconds.

I don't like the plastic bumper at all, looks cheap. The wiring harness, however, I think has been well thought out overall. The fact that they included flying leads for accessories blows away every Jeeper I tell about it.

The leather wrapped steering wheel is just ok but in my opinion that's what it should be. I don't want some super soft plush leather that will wear out with continued exposure the the elements, remember this is an open air vehicle. I think Ford did a fairly good job overall choosing materials with that in mind.

I think not covering the rocker spot weld joint was a slight oversight, especially on models like the Outerbanks. A strip of plastic would have gone a long way. It's not really noticeable on the the Badlands as the rock sliders are tucked up tight. I am going aftermarket with rock rails soon so it will be visible, I've already seen the aftermarket has me covered though...

I do have a few additions to your list:

Missing features on Lux package. No memory driver's seat, come on Ford you're killing me... No hood struts. No heated rear seats. No rain sensing wipers. No power folding mirrors (this one is big because on the trails it would be nice to fold in both mirrors from the driver's seat to avoid trees). I mean this is the Lux package and those options have all been around on the F150 forever.

That ability to turn off the accent lighting over the "hero" buttons. The buttons are back-lit, do we really need a light shining down on them in the drivers peripheral?

I know this is an issue because of the airbags but it would be nice to have a grab handle above the driver's side door. It's a little bit of a stretch stepping up into a Sasquatch Bronco. I find myself using the steering wheel to pull myself up.

The dumb old school antenna. Like really Ford you couldn't get that out of the way? It was the first thing I replaced on my Bronco.
The dealer will tell you the lack of those lux features is that its an off road vehicle, and he will actually say it with some level of conviction, I mean I never heard of an off road vehicle with heated seats large 12" display etc, I guess that's what makes the Bronco Unique but we all know that underneath the offroad marketing messages lies a genius of using this car on road ... I don't think this was made solely for offroad use.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Absolutely agree. And, not just an off-road vehicle, but a convertible off-road vehicle. That, too, comes with a whole host of inconveniences that I think many folks just won't tolerate. Wait for a few years when your new vehicle looks like shit because the top starts to look shabby and then before it's even paid off it's time to buy a new top for a few grand.
No payments on mine, so my soft top won't be a concern when the time comes. But I do concede to your point. If Ford can get their SH** together, I'll look into a hard top. Or aftermarket...We will see.

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting observations and I have mixed feelings gettin the Bronco even though 1 year plus later and still waiting. I have the Toyota 4Runner and say she kills the Bronco on fit and finish...etc. I have even mentioned many times in my Youtube channel the Bronco feels cheap. And if you follow me you will see I am a huge Ford product owner and promote their products. I feel the Bronco in the end will be a FLOP. Yeh I said it but Ford has truly dropped the BALL on the marketing the product. Meaning total fail on releasing the Bronco, production issues, delay delay delay, Dealers abusing the ADM, inventory challenges, quality issues.....etc. I even posted a thread to get a feel from others on how Ford needs to address these said mentioned things and should offer rebates and discounts on the failures listed to the consumer. And dealers should be hammered for abusing the be so lucky to get one. The Admin deleted my thread within minutes after posting and that just tells me Ford has a Huge problem and even this forum wants to SHUT IT DOWN as fast as possible expressing truthful CONCERNS.
How should Ford improve marketing for a product they literally can't build fast enough to meet demand?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess people here don't know the difference between quality and junk,
I am pretty sure that when it's you against the world like in this case...the problem is you, not anything with the vehicle. Could the steering wheel be nicer? I guess....but would anyone jump in and drive it and have that stand out as an issue? Only you apparently.

Overall I like the steering wheel, and the rubberized buttons are well done. The entire thing probably put a premium on weather proofing. Is the wheel worse to use than any of my other current vehicles or recent vehicles (2020 Escalade; LX570; FJ Cruiser; SIlverado 3500), no. It's good to go.

Sponsored

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Horrifying because American Car design still suffers/lingers with trailer park remnants from the 80's come on graduate !
That's your opinion and you know what they say about opinions.
As previously stated, your description of its design being "horrifying" is overly dramatic at best.
Case in point are the 10's of rave reviews from trade journals and industry publications who characterize the Bronco's design as one of it's strengths. OK, so you don't like it.... we're happy for you. Move on.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Interesting observations and I have mixed feelings gettin the Bronco even though 1 year plus later and still waiting. I have the Toyota 4Runner and say she kills the Bronco on fit and finish...etc. I have even mentioned many times in my Youtube channel the Bronco feels cheap. And if you follow me you will see I am a huge Ford product owner and promote their products. I feel the Bronco in the end will be a FLOP. Yeh I said it but Ford has truly dropped the BALL on the marketing the product. Meaning total fail on releasing the Bronco, production issues, delay delay delay, Dealers abusing the ADM, inventory challenges, quality issues.....etc.
The good news is there's no need to argue about if the Bronco will be a flop like you say. The sales figures will tell the story soon enough.

I also question why you'd want to buy a vehicle that you're convinced is cheaply made and destined to fail. No one is forcing you to follow through on your order if it's causing this much all-caps usage and stress. Good luck with whichever path you end up taking.

OP
OP
4runner

4runner

Outer Banks
First Name
4runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am pretty sure that when it's you against the world like in this case...the problem is you, not anything with the vehicle. Could the steering wheel be nicer? I guess....but would anyone jump in and drive it and have that stand out as an issue? Only you apparently.

Overall I like the steering wheel, and the rubberized buttons are well done. The entire thing probably put a premium on weather proofing. Is the wheel worse to use than any of my other current vehicles or recent vehicles (2020 Escalade; LX570; FJ Cruiser; SIlverado 3500), no. It's good to go.
The steering wheel is like the gateway to the vehicle, its a turn off, the buttons which you actually like, are also an issue as the gateway to this vehicle, they feel rubberized and not in a good way very cheaply made.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lets hear it don't be shy ...

I'm interested to see what people think ....

Top 5 Amazing !

Its a convertible and the soft top is nice to flip up and easy so we use it a lot !
Its got great road feel even with the sasquatch its not too rough you feel in command of the road on city streets and it feels very safe to drive and be in.
It looks friggin amazing I mean styling wise its out of the ball park (except for cheap factors to be mentione below !)
The front seats are amazingly comfortable at least for me I'm 5'9"
The Cool factor is out of the park

Top 5 Horrifying (and I mean horrific)

Fit and finish of the softop and mechanisms and windows are horrifying, in the rain opening the doors is a joke there will be many issues forthcoming with the softop they need a redesign !
Fit and finish of bumpers and wiring harnesses etc are a joke ! My bumper is on crooked (absolutely stupid and avoidable American car crap !) (please don't argue with me here)
Paint looks good but something tells me something is wrong with it, its got too much sheen as though its too glary and uneven. It might be an illusion.
Leather wrapped steering wheel is an absolute joke, I mean the quality and the finish of the leather if its even leather is way way off Come on Ford !
The spot welds on the bottom of the frame on the sides with the holes are just plain trailer (I avoided the other term) park to put it lightly !
#1 on the horrifying list should have been the entire fiasco about the release/top issue/lack of communication....basically the long wait and inability to get one (for far to many of us).

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh yeah, I fully expect to see plenty of used Broncos on the market 6 months to a year from now when people discover they actually bought an off road vehicle.
Reminds me of early last year when people were able to finally see a Bronco in person and a large contingent of people were shocked! when they discovered that the Bronco was not the size of their Tahoe and it was so "small."

Oh, and this entire thread is nothing but troll bait and a prime reason we need a min post count before being able to create a new thread.

(absolutely stupid and avoidable American car crap !) (please don't argue with me here)
I guess people here don't know the difference between quality and junk,
lets be absolutely real this is a real problem on the car !
Sponsored