First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mmmmmm.... something is screwy in Ford's database right now.

I see my key fob, but as soon as I plug in my VIN it acts as though it doesn't work with my vehicle—even though it does.

I'll poke at it tomorrow, but something is definitely not operating right at the moment. Maybe a human error thing? Not sure.
Don't pay more than $69 for the 4-button or $59 for the 3-button. Genuine OEM key: https://www.bestkeysupply.com/colle...on-m3na2c931423-oem525?variant=40486323322926

I got one as a third key and it programmed perfectly and works great.
Sponsored

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mmmmmm.... something is screwy in Ford's database right now.

I see my key fob, but as soon as I plug in my VIN it acts as though it doesn't work with my vehicle—even though it does.

I'll poke at it tomorrow, but something is definitely not operating right at the moment. Maybe a human error thing? Not sure.
A few weeks ago I searched using my vin and placed a key fob in my cart. Went to purchase a few days ago, and it now says the part doesn't fit my Bronco- Very strange.

Today - I tried all the different part numbers listed on the first post and the actual part number on my fob and they all say that part doesn't fit my vehicle. My fob has printed on it M2DT-15K601-CB

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Storage in your doors is one of the 5 most important must haves ? (I guess that rear cargo area gets really filled up).

Yeah, I'm gonna have to go ahead, and disagree with you on that one. The printed owners manual seems excessive as well, but I guess if you're out in the Winter wilderness, and lose all power at least you'll have something to start a fire with.

I think there are lots of other just creature comfort things I'd pick over more door storage as a critical must have.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My fob has printed on it M2DT-15K601-CB
Yeah… each part Ford sells has two part numbers: an engineering part number and a service part number.

The part listed on your key fob is the engineering part number. The part listed online is usually the service part number. When you buy a part at a dealership or online, you’ll need the service part number. But if you have access to Ford’s internal database you can easily cross-reference the service part number with the engineering part number.

M2DT-15K601-CB is the 902MHz keyfob with remote start, which should have a service part number of M2DZ-15K601-C.

But you’re right, when you look on the public-facing Ford Parts website, the VIN lookup function seems to be broken.

AndGerry

Wildtrak
First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for confirming. I thought t’was user error on my part, which wouldn’t benthe first time. 😅
Sponsored