What is Unique about the First Edition?

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda (Worlds best family van) Odyssey ;)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
what he said...confusion made me say just load me up and I was given a VIN early, it was too late to change for me. I wouldn't tho, I like the Lightning Blue.
Have you got your FE? I’m still waiting for a build date for mine. I have the Onyx interior ordered but after seeing the dealer demo the other day my wife likes the idea of the two tone Navy Pier. I’m thinking of calling the dealer and making the change since I don’t have a VIN yet.
What color interior did you go with? How do you like it? I can’t make up my mind if the Onyx will be harder to find/more desirable long term or if Navy Pier will be.

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m with you mate. I ordered it primarily because it was just easier to try and figure out all those trims on the first night. Get the FE and it had pretty much everything I was looking for. Could I build a better Bronco now? Knowing what we do about trims and options? Yes I could. But I also think that the way this has played out, the FE will end up being a rare thing and will hold value because of that.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Have you got your FE? I’m still waiting for a build date for mine. I have the Onyx interior ordered but after seeing the dealer demo the other day my wife likes the idea of the two tone Navy Pier. I’m thinking of calling the dealer and making the change since I don’t have a VIN yet.
What color interior did you go with? How do you like it? I can’t make up my mind if the Onyx will be harder to find/more desirable long term or if Navy Pier will be.
yes, taking doors off now..Navy P, I don't like it, I love it. Go Navy if you still can, black is too hot, it's a convertible dude...IMO. but all I will say is wow, why would they bolt a shit top on this masterpiece?!! The top is less than acceptable and I will not tolerate it , I expect a complete new top.

Sponsored

Jbronc74

First Edition
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 bronco , 2018 expedition, 2021 broncoFE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
<bolding mine>

Anyone that's actually done some research into what the various options are(n't). There is zero reason to get a First Edition. You can get the exact same build on other trims while getting more options. It's like turning all the cash in your bank account into gift cards. Sure, it's worth the same, but you limit your options on where your money goes.

Chris
I love the hate this trim gets..Very polarizing....mostly by people who cant afford em, and a few pickles in the bunch. I have had a few first editions/edition ones im my days and have done well with them.. as years go by...you appreceate them more and more....and so does the resale market no matter what someone who has not owned one says.....

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
yes, taking doors off now..Navy P, I don't like it, I love it. Go Navy if you still can, black is too hot, it's a convertible dude...IMO. but all I will say is wow, why would they bolt a shit top on this masterpiece?!! The top is less than acceptable and I will not tolerate it , I expect a complete new top.
Mate, I’m sorry to hear about the roof issues? Have you got any pics or description of what you’ve found?
I’ve changed my order to the Navy Pier earlier today 👍🏻 Also found out my order is now Priority 1 which is exciting. Hoping it gets scheduled this coming week.
I thought I heard on Dave’s channel it took about 8weeks for yours to arrive from initial schedule to delivery?

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mate, I’m sorry to hear about the roof issues? Have you got any pics or description of what you’ve found?
I’ve changed my order to the Navy Pier earlier today 👍🏻 Also found out my order is now Priority 1 which I exciting. Hoping it gets scheduled this coming week.
I heard it took about 8weeks for yours to arrive from initial schedule to delivery?
Hey, look, I am bummed about the top. I guess not just as a consumer but as an employee. However, I will just say this about that.
Think about car and truck companies for a moment or any other major companies from 100 years ago and tell me which one has a family name on it? Tell me which other one is still owned by its's namesake? I guess woking for them with the help of our union has built a certain level of trust on some issues and we know after 30 years of working at Ford, how they feel about their customers. Flat out, it's undeniable, it's infectious and, it's is no doubt the UAW-Ford culture that has been built over time. The relationship does get strained at times (new people coming in with little understanding) but it does build better communication and that builds better products. Tell me where else UAW line workers, not getting paid, will come on here for hours after work or on a break to help out the customer base? I am not the only one, I am the only one telling you who I am. Yes, at times I will tell ya where to go too..lol but it's all with the same love.

I told you that to tell you this, I won't even post the pictures. I can not do that to Ford or my co workers. It's embarrassing and I am not humiliating anyone. I think it is unfortunate, but the rest is so good, it is so easy to overlook for a while till they figure it out..
Bill Ford and Jim Farley and their team are very capable people, we are all in great hands when it comes to commitment. IMO.

Oh yeah, I took delivery of mine, worked all day and still made time for 6g folks. I am here till they kick me out. ;)

Last edited:

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey, look, I am bummed about the top. I guess not just as a consumer but as an employee. However, I will just say this about that.
Think about car and truck companies for a moment or any other major companies from 100 years ago and tell me which one has a family name on it? Tell me which other one is still owned by its's namesake? I guess woking for them with the help of our union has built a certain level of trust on some issues and we know after 30 years of working at Ford, how they feel about their customers. Flat out, it's undeniable, it's infective and it's is no doubt the UAW-Ford culture that has been built over time. The relationship does get strained at times (new people coming in with little understanding) but it does build better communication and that builds better products. Tell me where else UAW line workers, not getting paid, will come on here for hours after work or on a break to help out the customer base? I am not the only one, I am the only one telling you who I am. Yes, at times I will tell ya where to go too..lol but it's all with the same love.

I told you that to tell you this, I won't even post the pictures. I can not do that to Ford or my co workers. It's embarrassing and I am not humiliating anyone. I think it is unfortunate, but the rest is so good, it is so easy to overlook for a while till they figure it out..
Bill Ford and Jim Farley and their team are very capable people, we are all in great hands when it comes to commitment. IMO.

Oh yeah, I took delivery of mine, worked all day and still made time for 6g folks. I am here till they kick me out. ;)
I totally get where you’re coming from and respect your loyalty to the company and your co workers.
I think it’s great to see a company that has built that loyalty as that’s not an easy thing to do. Many thanks go to the workers at Ford who have put in the extra effort to make things happen.
I’m sure Ford will get it sorted, they can’t afford not to.
I guess I was just asking so that I can inspect my roof correctly when it finally arrives and document it with my dealer on delivery in case Ford ends up having some kind of plan or replacement program in the future..
Thanks again for the info and I’m looking forward to seeing the Navy Pier in person in my own First Edition!

Last edited:

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Man, the two tone is awesome, the sun does not cook it as much and it looks almost black and silver...so, I am very happy with my choices..too much black is hot as hell..I owe the Navy Pier person a big apology. What a wonderful look and feel. Great job!!

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Man, the two tone is awesome, the sun does not cook it as much and it looks almost black and silver...so, I am very happy with my choices..too much black is hot as hell..I owe the Navy Pier person a big apology. What a wonderful look and feel. Great job!!
I owe the same apology for Navy Pier. I trolled the shit out of Ford over it. But after driving a NP FE all day I actually really liked it. Pictures and renders are not representative of real life. Saying that, I am glad we got black because I would still go black over NP every time, that's just how I roll.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I totally get where you’re coming from and respect your loyalty to the company and your co workers.
I think it’s great to see a company that has built that loyalty as that’s not an easy thing to do. Many thanks go to the workers at Ford who have put in the extra effort to make things happen.
I’m sure Ford will get it sorted, they can’t afford not to.
I guess I was just asking so that I can inspect my roof correctly when it finally arrives and document it with my dealer on delivery in case Ford ends up having some kind of plan or replacement program in the future..
Thanks again for the info and I’m looking forward to seeing the Navy Pier in person in my own First Edition!
Without loyalty, what else do we have? Thank you for understanding.

CyberVegas

First Edition
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
One thing to consider about the navy pier vs onyx is that the onyx has the plastic molle like grid on the seat backs with a net pocket. The navy pier just has a standard seatback pocket no “molle” grid

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
One thing to consider about the navy pier vs onyx is that the onyx has the plastic molle like grid on the seat backs with a net pocket. The navy pier just has a standard seatback pocket no “molle” grid
Are you sure about this? I thought the Molle back was a vinyl trim only?

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Are you sure about this? I thought the Molle back was a vinyl trim only?
This is correct.

I have the NP and love it. Goes great with cactus gray in my opinion. I have no need for a MOLLE grid to hang tiny doodads on. What does it support again, like 7lbs?
Sponsored