Sponsored

Any ideas if the bronco will have issues when they first roll out?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I would assume the dig function is purely electronic via the antilock/ traction control system. So there would be no new pieces in the rear brake assembly for that function.
Sensors and Software
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The way we drive in "traffic" tends to lead to a lot of the congestion we deal with .... IMO ..... if you're being passed, move your ass to the right.
If you're passing, accelerate and get it over with quickly, then get the hell out of the hammer lane.
....move left, make the pass QUICKLY....move the fuck back over.... and use your damn signals!!!!
You sir should be President!
The law in NJ (yes an actual law), states Keep right except to pass. But no one ever does that and it annoying. Hence the term "Left lane Dick" was created.
And I'm not sure when the "turn signal" became a luxury option on new vehicles, but it must be true because I see soooo many people without that installed on their vehicles ?

chipbutty

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing cool
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Its almost guaranteed. There’s an actual strategy for this. Consumers are great at exposing new product flaws. It actually saves the company money to release at say 95% assured product competence and let the buying public tell them the rest.

BroncoBob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ford Excursion 4x4 Limited
Don’t want to bring any bad vibes but i had a thought about this now since some of the new Jeeps had to make recalls. Do you think the bronco will have the same issue, if so what do you hope it’s not.
For as long as it took to get this vehicle out and all the testing it should be flawless and if not there will be some engineers going bye bye.

Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good Gawd was that refreshing to read.
Are you a Vet? That attitude of ultimate responsibility is mostly gone now-a-days, or so it seems.

As a frmer Marine, I tend to grade management under a very an extremly critical eye .... when a eff up happens on their watch, that is the first place I look towards. Very rare is the case that the guy at the the bottom of the totem pole took matters into his own hands and went against the directions he was given, it is generally a case of poor supervision, miscommunication or he was outright given bad information.
Yet we all know who will take the fall.

It has become interesting sickening to observe the management group together and discuss who is to blame. Finger pointing and passing of the buck.
As a matter of fact, yes, Air Force Veteran and aerospace engineering veteran where our decisions had consequences.
thank y'all for your service
edit: also, i agree with @EvlNvrDys , you should be president @HoosierDaddy. it annoys me when some stupid idiot sits in the left lane because they want to annoy people or don't know how to drive... or when the speed up when you try to pass them. as soon as i get a truck, first thing i am adding is a train horn

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There will probably bee a recall because the bottle opener will not open certain brands of beverage.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When the Ecoboost came out in the F150, it had been tested extensively. Except in day-long driving rain storms at highway speeds.

It took them 18 months to figure out the intercooler changes and update the product. By spring of 2012 they pretty much resolved it (though I still have a small drain in my 2013 intercooler.....)
Im planning on an aftermarket intercooler once theyre available, nothing remains stock for long with me

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don’t want to bring any bad vibes but i had a thought about this now since some of the new Jeeps had to make recalls. Do you think the bronco will have the same issue, if so what do you hope it’s not.
Yes, there will absolutely be issues the question is how many and how often.

Sponsored

Locked-n-loaded

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.socalfj40.com
Vehicle(s)
'74 Toyota FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Undoubtedly it will have issues.

Think about phones manufacturers put phones through all kinds of testing they consider them ready to go you get them in the hands of the people and within weeks thousands of everyday People start to reveal the weaknesses.

Buying a first year of any vehicle always comes with bugs. as a rule of thumb I never buy a first year version of a car this might be the one year I break that rule.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Mustang has had problems with the 6-spd manuals. might be some teething problems with the Bronco 7-spds early on.
I’ve read that the Mustang stick issues have more to do with the supplier than Ford. Totally agree with you on oddities that might arise from a new model.
Same supplier, Getrag, IIRC.

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Has a brand new (mass market) vehicle ever not been faced with at least a few recalls? I bought my (now traded) Tacoma a few months after the current 3rd gen was released. The 3rd gen was somewhat mocked back then as the 3rd gen was just a minor update to the 2nd gen in mostly the looks category. But it still had a few recalls including one that involved a pretty significant tear down to replace a wiring harness that the dealer then screwed up putting back together on my truck and it dumping gas down the road a few days later....

But I also have a 2018 JLU from the first ~6 months of the JLU production and I think it had a few TSBs/recalls done but I haven't bothered with the steering one yet as my steering is great. The other ones were just like quick flashes or something that I am not sure what they even did in the hour they had the Jeep.

As others have said, customers are now beta testers for new vehicles. And when these mass-market vehicles that sell in the 100's of thousands each each are put to the test by so many people they are bound to find something (or lots of somethings) that need a recall done. I just hope the manual transmission is not the problem with these!
Sponsored