Sponsored

Any real world reviews of American Adventure Labs?

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Currently shopping around for a cargo rack, rear seat delete, and storage setup for an overlanding build. Looking for real world reviews of anything American Adventure Labs. I’ve seen a couple of threads but nothing outside of that.

I have a 2 door Badlands and I’m very interested in the AAL mass plate + drawer system. From my understanding you need to remove the rear seats for this set up, but they don’t make any kind of plate to cover the rest of the back after the seats are removed. Any idea if that’s something they have in the works?

Any pics/reviews are appreciated
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you haven't already check out @justinbmcbride's YouTube channel.

He no longer has a Bronco, this past spring he switched to a Gladiator. BUT if you go back a few months you can see some videos he did with his 2-door Badlands.

I had a playlist saved with all of the videos, but about a year ago he split his channel in two, so many of the links I had saved directly to his videos just no longer work anymore. BUT, you should still be able to find a few without too much trouble:

Summit981

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman, MINI GP2, MINI Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you haven't already check out @justinbmcbride's YouTube channel.

He no longer has a Bronco, this past spring he switched to a Gladiator. BUT if you go back a few months you can see some videos he did with his 2-door Badlands.

I had a playlist saved with all of the videos, but about a year ago he split his channel in two, so many of the links I had saved directly to his videos just no longer work anymore. BUT, you should still be able to find a few without too much trouble:
Right on man. I was going to suggest Justin B. McBride too. He took that Bronco to the next level with AAL’s new alternate power source kit he installed in the rear cargo area. Another good example is the “Fronco Bronco” dude here on 6G but also on Instagram. He uses a lot of AAL’s accessories and his truck was showcased at SEMA. Pretty good use-case right there with him.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Waiting on their tailgate table…

waveform55

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have their MASS platform and cargo shelf, both excellent products. Slowly mapping out the rest of my interior build with them, with plans for:

Cargo Floor Multi-Mount (I want to do the quad battery/redarc setup, but I haven't been able to figure out the wiring setup. May need help with that)
Flip n Slide drawer
4" drawer
Tailgate Compressor Mount

Definitely hoping their tailgate table comes out soon...

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have their battery/Redarc tray, MASS Plus platform, extended shelf, fire extinguisher mounts, molle panels, and tailgate hump cover. Their designs are great, but the execution and customer service is lacking.

The Redarc mount will not fit under the stock floor, so you must pair it with their platform, which was not initially available for the 2-door. Speaking of which, they originally sent me the incorrect supports for the platform, which was resolved, but I'm still waiting on the correct nut plates for it. Also, they sent instructions for the 4-door platform and were unable to provide the 2-door instructions or even proper photos of their prototype.

The shelf needed some assistance by a brass hammer to fit correctly and included no instructions at all. The pictures on the website are not accurate, so it took a lot of guess work and test fitting to get it together.

That being said, I do love their hardware and will continue to purchase everything I can for my 2-door.

Ford Bronco Any real world reviews of American Adventure Labs? IMG_0937

Ford Bronco Any real world reviews of American Adventure Labs? IMG_0950

Ford Bronco Any real world reviews of American Adventure Labs? IMG_0954

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have their MASS platform and cargo shelf, both excellent products. Slowly mapping out the rest of my interior build with them, with plans for:

Cargo Floor Multi-Mount (I want to do the quad battery/redarc setup, but I haven't been able to figure out the wiring setup. May need help with that)
Flip n Slide drawer
4" drawer
Tailgate Compressor Mount

Definitely hoping their tailgate table comes out soon...
Here is an example wiring diagram by @cr117 that was shared in this post. Hopefully it will give you some ideas.

wiring-png.png

OP
OP
ElDuderino

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have their battery/Redarc tray, MASS Plus platform, extended shelf, fire extinguisher mounts, molle panels, and tailgate hump cover. Their designs are great, but the execution and customer service is lacking.

The Redarc mount will not fit under the stock floor, so you must pair it with their platform, which was not initially available for the 2-door. Speaking of which, they originally sent me the incorrect supports for the platform, which was resolved, but I'm still waiting on the correct nut plates for it. Also, they sent instructions for the 4-door platform and were unable to provide the 2-door instructions or even proper photos of their prototype.

The shelf needed some assistance by a brass hammer to fit correctly and included no instructions at all. The pictures on the website are not accurate, so it took a lot of guess work and test fitting to get it together.

That being said, I do love their hardware and will continue to purchase everything I can for my 2-door.

Ford Bronco Any real world reviews of American Adventure Labs? wiring-

I'm getting an order together myself. Why did you need a brass hammer for the cargo shelf? Just a fitment issue? I'm surprised they came with no instructions. Any plans to get things powder coated?

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm getting an order together myself. Why did you need a brass hammer for the cargo shelf? Just a fitment issue? I'm surprised they came with no instructions. Any plans to get things powder coated?
Yeah, just a fitment issue.

AAL has been horrible at providing instructions. Frustrating, but I have always enjoyed puzzles, lol.

I'm going to paint the steel portions a combination of black and Active Orange. Not going to bother with powder coating. Going to keep the aluminum parts bare.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ElDuderino

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, just a fitment issue.

AAL has been horrible at providing instructions. Frustrating, but I have always enjoyed puzzles, lol.

I'm going to paint the steel portions a combination of black and Active Orange. Not going to bother with powder coating. Going to keep the aluminum parts bare.
Have a green 2 door as well, post updates as you get them! Would love to see how it looks once you make some progress.

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Dude that floor looks great! Is that an air compressor mounted in the tailgate? I dig it!

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will do. Gonna replace the 1/0 wire going to the rear with 2/0 this weekend, which will give me the opportunity to finalize things and figure out how to get it all back together, lol

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs