Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn't someone say they were going to change how the top bolts to the Body?

IF you believe what Ford is telling us, then the only change would be to get some new IT folks that can actually write a program that can calculate actual weights and not just counting add ons.

Meaning Ford claimed that the issue is that the System assumes you added on everything and this over weight. So the fix according to them has nothing to do with top structure, vehicle weight, certifications, etc... Just a software glitch.
The only people (person?) who was going on about that was panicked that they wouldn't be able to purchase the MY22 White top for their MY21... but couldn't produce any evidence of a change, other than that Ford never said it *wasn't* changing.

Not only has Ford said nothing about a change to the top mounting... to change the way the top mounts would necessitate altering the body of the Bronco, and I would be *shocked* if Ford took on that expense and engineering headache just so a handful of people could purchase the roof rack at order instead of over the counter at delivery.

(I could see a change to the roof where the rack mounts, meaning the racks wont be compatible across model years... but that has nothing to do with how the tops mount to the body.)
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

the most cost effective way is just change class, I cannot see Ford making what would be a fairly major change for MY22

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Correct me if i am wrong, but there are no aftermarket parts that mount directly to the roof, right? Guys locked out from rails on their 2021s are at the mercy of how Ford handles the rail fix.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Correct me if i am wrong, but there are no aftermarket parts that mount directly to the roof, right? Guys locked out from rails on their 2021s are at the mercy of how Ford handles the rail fix.
No one is "locked out" of the roof rack. Just buy the roof rack at the parts counter with your free Ford Points after you take delivery.

Also, there are no aftermarket parts yet... but remember that many manufacturers don't have their hands on the Bronco yet. And the ones that have, they aren't allowed to share their parts until after the first 100 units roll off the line.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I heard they hired a subaru engineer to design a high capacity roof rack system that can support a 1000 lb dynamic load.

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

kodathedog

Badlands
First Name
Koda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are no changes to the crossbars - it has been a challenge just to get the plastic top produced.
Sponsored